Games You Keep Going Back To...

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Games You Keep Going Back To...

Post by Rectifier »

Lately I've been playing Baldur's Gate 2 like a mother fucker, I soloed it as an elven Sorc and now I'm soloing it as a dwarven Swashbuckler.

This is one of those games where I don't play it for 2 years and then come back to it with a vengeance. What games fit in this category for you guys?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Games You Keep Going Back To...

Post by b0mb3r »

Easy: Tetris

My top score for my gameboy is 4,000,000 million. I always tried to get 99,999,999 cause is very possible. After 30 level if you just maintain your focus is achievable. Its the level of endurance and patience. What usually screw me over is I usually test myself by telling myself: Your not gonna make it. To see if i can beat my subconscious level with my conscious control. So far the past 10 years I still haven't master it. I am not at the master level like that famous tetris arcade kid cause that is obviously more advanced and faster than my mere gameboy and also he really figure out the more advanced moves to put pieces together. Since i go on and off of my gameboy I never really gave myself time to master those cool moves. I think the only time my skills ever paid off is that I beat alot of challengers when they were first showcasing Tetris DS at this comic convention I attend in Toronto few years ago at the Nintendo Booth. Tetris DS was cool and a bit different. First of all it has multiplayer wi-fi but the interesting part is to able to see your opponents screen on the bottom screen. This allows me to know when is the best time to screw my enemies over. You can also reserve pieces you save for later usage, so I usually save the line piece for the kill. Also the instant down button helps kick ass. I won like 20 nintendo belts that day that I gave them away to local fans.

The other obvious one is Halo PC:

I will admit I am above average but is hard to maintain it since I don't have time to play it as often. The reason I love this game cause its kinda of exclusive for us diminishing pc players with Halo 3 winning people over. I feel like a veteran when i get my butt kick by newbloods. Still I enjoy being between cause i can kick ass and be challenge by the more experienced players. The things I haven't master is vehicle sniper head shots, (I only once shot a moving player on a ghost by accident), the timing of jumping melee hits, and the infamous three pop headshots with the pistols. I love "no shield sniper games" cause is one hit kill type of game and i love killing newbs.

baka baka baka
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Me and my mates recently played Diablo II over LAN to celebrate our clubroom launch (sad fact: there are 70+ clubs in my uni and only around 10 rooms allocated for clubs). Meteorb Sorc (Meteor + Frozen Orb) rawr!

One of my friends recently got re-addicted to StarCraft and we've been LANing that pretty often too. Funniest match so far would be the one where I infested one of my teammate's command center and built a Nydus Canal over an enemy zerg's base, near the drone colony. You can probably imagine the rest ;)
/me claws out throat and dies
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Minesweeper and Solitaire... Gosh, I'm feeling like Miyuki from Lucky Star, play it often when I have to download something in 5 minutes, or loading something.

Other than that, Halo 2 PC, sorry b0mb3r, no halo PC here, and mine's kinda illegal. Probably because I wanted to try and make it through those sniper jackals on legendary... they kill you in one hit on any part of your body, how irritating is that?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Secret of Mana and FFVIII. I can't count how many times I've replayed those games.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Secret of Mana and FFVIII. I can't count how many times I've replayed those games.
as many time as you post?

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

b0mb3r wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Secret of Mana and FFVIII. I can't count how many times I've replayed those games.
as many time as you post?
Owned.

For me? Easy. Final Fantasy and Pokemon Red
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

There's nothing more satisfying than stopping a charging dragon in its tracks by slamming a giant sword onto their heads

Gundam Seed: Earth vs. Z.A.F.T. comes close though. 90% of the PSP owners in my high school played that for YEARS, even after the first Gundam vs Gundam came out
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Fushichou wrote:For me? Easy. Final Fantasy and Pokemon Red
Original Final Fantasy on the NES?
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Rectifier wrote:
Fushichou wrote:For me? Easy. Final Fantasy and Pokemon Red
Original Final Fantasy on the NES?
Indeed. Final Fantasy, or Final Fantasy I, as they say. Garland, pirates, crown-stealing elves, fiends, temples of fiends, orbs, time travel, garland, and whatnot.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Yeah thats a good one. Still the hardest Final Fantasy I've played.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Thief The Dark Project and Thief II The Metal Age. Absolute classics.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

The original Kingdom Hearts. I just can't get enough of it for some reason.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

not even a game but a mod of a game

Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, online custom game DOTA(Defense of the Ancients)

is what i keep going back too, can never get enough of it.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

WC3 TFT DOTA (playing ALOT)

Red Faction (lan parties ftw)

Rune (lan ftw)

Never winter nights (just win)

Dungeon Keeper 2 (still hoping for a 3rd to come out sometime)

Return to “Games & Computing”