Batman Arkham Asylum

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Batman Arkham Asylum

Post by b0mb3r »

My favorite superhero game is Spiderman 2. now? still the same but doesn't mean batman is a bad game at all. After long trials of bad batman games (looking at you BATMAN FOREVER) i finally beat it in 18 hours. what can i say?

Is pretty damn good. Pretty good typical super-hero plot but the execution is wow. it blows my mind how well things work. you had reasonable missions to do to progress.

to me is like like zelda + metriod + metal gear solid with a taste of batman since you actually feel like batman and not a videogame with batman as a gimmick.

zelda due to cool reasonable gadgets and upgrades

metriod cause the map is self contained and alot of cool explorations

MGS- oh god the awesome stealth you need to do to takedown the guy.

how about the fighting? very simple buttons. strike, counter, stun, and evade without button combination or sequence. you can't f*cking button mash either. It's alot about observing your enemies movement, their place, the timing when to hit and use counter against them and when to use stun to prolong the combo bonus points. is hard to explain but easy to learn, f*cking hard to master.

I feel at the end i didn't feel that satisfied because I was a pretty much a sucky batman. I really didn't master his fighting moves that much and the predator challenges is hard to meet at times. But that is the fun part. This is one of those games where the player really needs to improve and challenge himself to be better. not of one of those quick fixes or deep devotion to grinding. to me is like tetris to the max and batman together. also the PSN letterboard encourages you to beat millions of batman fans as it tracks your record and compares it to the world.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

It looked stupid to me. That is all.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I just might get it on PC, I loved the animated series and I imagine that the game is pretty good as well from reviews and watching gameplay.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:It looked stupid to me. That is all.
like that time you posted a picture of yourself with a haruhi headband?

don't hate me

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Pretty much sums up what the game is missing

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Missing?

Clearly its not the style that they were going for, you can't claim they "missed" something when it was never intended to be put in.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

So the game calculates the throws so well that you can never hit someone with the sharp end...
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

You haven't watched the animated series at all have you? It was made for children, the only reason it looks so dark is because the art direction was incredible, and they actually won awards for their work on the backgrounds.

The game doesn't "calculate it to never hit with the pointy end" btw, if it was never intended to be put in, you wouldn't program it that way. Likely it was programmed that if it "hit" at all it would knock them out.

That being said, if the animators decided to animate the model into never hitting with the pointy end, then that would be a different story, but it would purely be aesthetic and not affect gameplay whatsoever.

Return to “Games & Computing”