Visual Novels

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Visual Novels

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/597/597522/

Interview with Masada on the new KKK game for PS Vita

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ahh.. LOVESICK PUPPIES is finally behind me :D .. it had its off points, lots of good ones too. overall a worthy successor to WLO, which i'm grateful for having cleared (original AND fandisk) barely a week before march releases 8) ..
Spoiler! :
i never thought i'd live to find that miracle of an h-scene combining desires for pleasure AND procreation, not to mention a double dose of it via Yuki and Maruna.. the afterglow from Isami's 5th h-scene takes the cake though :cry: 8)
now with DCIII R safely delayed until may, i can look forward with ease to new releases from Honey Comb, ASa Project, and likely top-pick from Ex-iT (from which i look forward to the immorality of sibling incest that ImoKata so royally screwed up :? )
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Ah, someone else besides me played Lovesick Puppies? :D

I've finished three routes so far, plus half of Isami's. I'll probably skip Maruna's, though, because I'm not really interested in her and my backlog is constantly growing. But I've gotta say, I'm a sucker for this kind of icha-icha rabu-rabu stuff. Had something that kept me reading and almost had me 萌え死ぬ at times. IMO the routes are too similar in structure, though. They felt kinda repetitive, like: 1. Route starts 2. they fall in love / notice that they're in love 3. Confession 4. Ichaicha 5. Some minor trouble / misunderstanding at the school festival 6. Rabu-Rabu (with choice between H-Scene A and H-Scene B)
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

@Eusth: true that, overall the game was too structured :? .. given WLO, i kind of expected some decent drama (like Hotaru arc and Arisa/Sarasa), which i did get playing the trial, but save for some brief moments with Yuki, and particularly Maruna, i was mostly let down.. of course from the outset its a moege, and most of what my thoughts on the game were pretty much mirrored by this guy, all thanks go to him and his blog.. 8)
Spoiler! :
ORIE: THE lovesick puppy, i suppose.. :? i don't know if her type's one to click with your typical jap reader, but when she and Kotarou SMS each other - and particularly during h-scenes - i think, WTF character breakdown. but i'm being too evil, even if among the heroine VAs she's the rank beginner :twisted: when i see the divorce theme in VNs i always think of Natsu no Ame, so do forgive me my expectations.. 8)

ISAMI: her arc, summarized, goes like this - "Its all in the name" 8) and yes i'm referring to the CG immediately after her 5th h-scene. :D

YUKI: splendid osananajimi, 'nuff said 8) non-sequitur though, in her arc there was a scene where i thought i foresaw sub-heroine Haruka turn into a messed-up yandere over Kotarou, which of course didn't happen.. still, what i wouldn't give for such a development, or maybe even her own arc if an FD comes up :mrgreen:

MARUNA: her arc, on many aspects, centers on how she met Kotarou et al. you might get enough hints via foreshadowing if you're sharp enough, but otherwise they'll be decent surprises, loli aversion aside :mrgreen:

SONYA: my least favored character AND arc.. story-wise it wasn't so bad, but characterization and voicing just didn't cut it.. it felt worse still when i remember how Daito's Tsugumi sounded like..
and after going through the bonus H-scenes in the append disc, I WANT A CHIKAGE ROUTE!!! :evil:
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

.. apologies in advance for the double-post.. yeah, i'm an old-timer and it shows :?

HimaNatsu.. i won't be forgetting you for quite sometime, precisely because of the weird thoughts and sensations i had to entertain in the True Route with Hinazakura.. :? every one of the heroines was done justice, and while Yomi and Hina take the spotlight, my fave was Daiya 8) other than that, i wish they didn't skip out on voicing all the male stand-ins, it would have made for more rounded atmosphere.. :?
Spoiler! :
Hina was Usagi Drop all over again, though i REALLY wished they had raised the moral, ethical and legal stakes higher.. sure they made it sound good and wrapped it up with a happy ending, but romantic relations between a 30-some protag and his 15~16 y.o. "daughter" scream child abuse and statutory rape.. packaging it as a reference to 光源氏 makes it distinctly jap culture, but its with themes like this that i feel that wide cultural gap, not that i like my homeland so much either :?

i did appreciate the presentation of "like mother, like daughter", particularly in preference of men.. Daiya and mother Ruriko's case was for last laughs, but Hina and Kozue were beautifully congruent in their taste for older men; Hina's parents having a 20+ age gap, Hina and Yousuke 15~ yrs between..

still, for better or for worse it was a memorable read.. now to look forward to 逃避行GAME's incest route.. 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

yuri_lover
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by yuri_lover »

Anyone ever played "Dare ga Koroshita Komadori wo" ? I could understand only about 30% of it since I play by ear. Can't really read :cry: anyone out there who finished the game? I wanna ask some questions. I love the story just don't get why translation was dropped though since it's just short
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

I've never played a VN on PC before due to the typical size of a visual novel being a few gigabytes and my impatient personality along with it.
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

cmon... a few gigabytes... it's common for the big mainstream games to take 20+gigs, some taking even up to 50G, so what's a few gigabytes..

Return to “Games & Computing”