Visual Novels

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Visual Novels

Post by chrnno »

Sometime ago I stumbled across the Fate/Stay Night visual novel(after reading the manga, watching the anime and discovering that there was this thing called Visual Novel that people said was better) and really enjoyed it. Then I looked for the sequel but didn't find a complete translation patch, probably because I suck at finding things...

After that I saw the same ones who had made FSN had released others so I played through Tsukihime and it's sequels(the arcade game is interesting). Then I they ended and I tried to look for more but there so many that I have no idea which one to try so...

Which ones have you played through and really enjoyed?
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Visual Novels

Post by Rectifier »

I've only really played Fate and KiraKira, nothing else.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

True Remembrance: Good Writing
Planetarian: well Key does get me sometimes
Narcissu: sad premise
Katawa Shoujo Act 1: is about disable people and I can relate since I am disabled.

p.s. they're all free above.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I see. I downloaded True Remembrance and Planetarian and will play through them. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Just finished Planetarin and... Wow... Just wow... :cry: Been a while since I've read a story that I found sad and yet actually liked it.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Just finished True Remembrance and fantastic. :D It was mentioned everywhere as a good story but I didn't think it would be this good. Definitely one you must play through, I am thankful you mentioned it otherwise I would have missed such a wonderful story. :D
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Ive played a good number.

The somewhat not really translated Yosuga no Sora
Kana Imouto
Snow Sakura
Crescendo
FSN
Ever-17
Clannad
AIR
Akane-Iro
Lamune

Still to play
KGNE
Last edited by Poke2201 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a few more
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Sharin no Kuni

Waiting once again for someone to pick up the Gore Screaming Show and MinDeaD BlooD translations. I'd love to try out Clover Hearts and Magical Girl Kirara & Sarara if they ever get a completed translation too. But alas :(
Fantastic Colors
Kyonist

Post by Fantastic Colors »

The only one I can suggest is Yume Miru Kusuri – A Drug That Makes You Dream. There are some erotic scenes, but the plot is still good.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Fantastic Colors wrote:The only one I can suggest is Yume Miru Kusuri – A Drug That Makes You Dream. There are some erotic scenes, but the plot is still good.
This is has piqued my interest.

Plot synopsis?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Poke2201 wrote:
Fantastic Colors wrote:The only one I can suggest is Yume Miru Kusuri – A Drug That Makes You Dream. There are some erotic scenes, but the plot is still good.
This is has piqued my interest.

Plot synopsis?
I am just an average student, living an average life. I study, I work my part-time job, and get through the day just like everyone else, trying not to be beaten down by the pressures of modern Japan. Then suddenly, the winds of change blow into my life, when I encounter three girls who reshape me forever. Three girls who are most definitely not living a normal life like everyone else in Japan, but who seem to float above society, strangely unaffected by it. Instinctively I know I should avoid getting involved with them, and yet before I know it, my destiny is bound with theirs. Where will it all lead?

With art from the accomplished pen of Haimura Kiyotaka and story by veteran scenario writer Tanaka Romeo, the bittersweet tale of three heroines unfolds. Will you choose to defend Aeka from becoming the victim of classroom aggression, help Mizuki with the burden of her work as student council president, or accompany the cat girl Nekoko on her quest for the mystical fairyland that only she can see? Their fate, and your own, lie in your hands.

YUME MIRU KUSURI :: A Drug That Makes You Dream is an interactive multi-scenario dating-sim game for adults that explores life, love and growing up in modern Japan. Loaded with teenage angst, confusion, frustration and wonder, and beautiful artwork that draws the player in, this is a game like no other!

This is the first thing that popped on Google.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I have played a ton, but after how August has impressed me with Fortune Arterial, I have high expectations for the upcoming 穢翼のユースティア(Aiyoku no Eustia) (http://august-soft.com/eustia/). *Twiddle*.
akkaiberry
Astral Realm

Post by akkaiberry »

On iPhone,There is also a game called "Gift" and a visual novel for girls based on the Wizard of Oz, oddly enough, but both are a little awkwardly translated from Japanese, so language is kinda messed up.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I've been playing G-Senjou no Maou lately. It's like Sharin no Kuni but with money instead of weird laws
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ben1234 wrote:I've been playing G-Senjou no Maou lately. It's like Sharin no Kuni but with money instead of weird laws
Oh do tell. Seems like a fun game, but I'm too lazy to google.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

As they say, a link is worth 1000 words or something

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?ti ... ou_no_Maou

Return to “Games & Computing”