Ludum Dare

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Ludum Dare

Post by jonathanasdf »

So the last 2 days was Ludum Dare 22. For those that don't know Ludum Dare is a huge contest run every 3 months where people worldwide try to make a game completely from scratch in 48 hours using whatever tools they want, with the requirement that the game must be relevant to some theme that is chosen by voting.

This time the theme was Alone, which doesn't really inspire any game ideas. So I was instead inspired by the theme Kittens which made it to the last round of voting but lost.

I opted for a physics-centered platformer made with Flash... but ended up running out of time to create any interesting levels or things like that. Oh well, hopefully I'll find time to finish it in the next while and then it'll be a big hit :D (ok maybe not)

Links:
Ludum Dare Competition Home Page
All 720 games made in 48 hours
My submission
Minicraft by notch (maker of Minecraft) <-- this game is awesome! can't believe it was made in 48 hours

Return to “Games & Computing”