Website Development

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Website Development

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am looking into building my own website that would have a manga reader on it and could take zip files from Media Fire as the source. However, seeing that I have never built a website in my life and have no clue how manga readers work, I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers here on how to do this. Also, I would want the site to be private and keyword locked. I am doing this more as a personal experiment than trying to compete with the 9 billion manga readers out there. Any tips?
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Re: Website Development

Post by Rajikai »

I really don't know much about this, but wouldn't it be best to create the site first, then go to the technical aspect such as downloading a file from an external source, opening the archived file and displaying the contents? I personally don't think it's possible, then again, I really don't know anything.

How far have you gotten into building it?
1,550/3,400
ermitanyo
Kyonist

Post by ermitanyo »

Try joomla and find a host.
Remember to hotlink your files to your content server.

Or you can build your own server in your home...
Things you will need:
  • A computer
  • A good internet connection with a fixed external IP Address
  • A lightweight OS
  • XAMPP (Cross Platform Apache, MySQL, PhP Server)
  • A DNS tunnel
  • Knowledge in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PhP, SQL, and Database Design
This, however, will take some time (It took me two years to set up my home intranet).
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Rajikai wrote:I really don't know much about this, but wouldn't it be best to create the site first, then go to the technical aspect such as downloading a file from an external source, opening the archived file and displaying the contents? I personally don't think it's possible, then again, I really don't know anything.

How far have you gotten into building it?
I have not done anything about building this and probably will not. However, it is good knowledge to have.

Return to “Games & Computing”