StarCraft 2

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

loliDragon
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

StarCraft 2

Post by loliDragon »

Hello Lady's and Gentlem,

I am wondering if there are any StarCraft 2 players around this parts ^^
As this is the only game I really play it would nice to go at it with 2x2,3x3,4x4 ....
Truth be told I am not much for Custom games, but there are a few intrestings ones there as well.

It would be great if we could find each other, so share your contact info if you love this game as much as I do

Email by which you can find me in SC2: [email protected]
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Re: StraCraft 2

Post by florza »

I used to play SC2, but I've quit for a while.

I was in Diamond league for 1v1, random 2v2 and 3v3 when I still played though, in season 1 and 2, about 50 games played total (US server) and 70% win rate as protoss, should be 1k+ rating.

Too busy with translations nowadays :P

IIRC it's florza #619.
loliDragon

Re: StraCraft 2

Post by loliDragon »

florza wrote:I used to play SC2, but I've quit for a while.

I was in Diamond league for 1v1, random 2v2 and 3v3 when I still played though, in season 1 and 2, about 50 games played total (US server) and 70% win rate as protoss, should be 1k+ rating.

Too busy with translations nowadays :P

IIRC it's florza #619.
Great to see that someone is also interested in the wonders of SC2 ^^

Sadly I am on European server, so I am not sure if we can play together. I tried adding you to f-list, but did not manage to :(
I wonder if it is possible to switch servers....
I've played around 1.5k games till now, had been in diamond for all of them for the first few seasons as well.
I mostly stooped playing 1x1, as it is more fun in teams, ever since I changed races from my main Protos to Zerg team games became that much more fun ^^

As for my character code, it is: loliDragon#279

Is anyone going to sign up for the StarCraft 2 Heart of the Swarm beta?
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Re: StarCraft 2

Post by florza »

Aaahh, loved doing timing attacks with 3WG/SG, adding a hidden WG or two afterwards and hoping they overreact to the 1 lone void and win in 10 minutes with ground troops :P

Not going to play for HotS, I don't have time anymore :(

The last game I played was Diablo 3, I finished Inferno about 1 month from release as a Monk :P
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

^^ 3 wg expand what I love best, I always get a better economy my defence is solid and when I attack I try to make a perfect counter ^^

Actually people do tend to over react to voids, even if they see just one. Though as a protos I just got blink with mass stalkers and that was teh end of it.
Love blink stalkers, with an observer I constantly harassed people with them ^^ gets supper annoying that happens. a

Since now I am playing as a zerg usualy I do not allow people to even get the Robo or sg, if the opponent goes mass army I roach em. If they fast expand I zergling them then transfer in to banelings if they try to camp in the expansion. Though I must admit that when Voids get on the field It is rather hard to counter without air units of my own, hydras simply are not up to it against voids these days.

^^ I bought Diablo 3 as well, however I did not finish the game even now.... somehow even though it was rather interesting at the start, I feel disappointed in the game. So I am still level 41, I think, mele mage.

ps Time is something that we make for our selves, if we wish it we can make time for whatever we desire.
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

I was always an all-in player, I dislike long games. Hence the need for these quirky switches :P

It wasn't a very common strategy, people usually were caught offguard. Especially when the single void ray can give you vision over ramps :P

Well about time, I have to commit quite a fair amount of time in order to maintain a high GPA, to graduate early w/ honours.
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

Apparently we can not play if we are not on the same server: Me - EE, You - US will not work....

^^ I simply love the 3 min speedling rushes! around 50% of the time it is a 6 min win and in other cases it turns out to be a rather long game, since I have to go defensive because of lack of economy on my side.

GPA huh... Yes, I had to keep my high as well, but somehow I always had time to kill. Well I did have a difference curriculum, so the difference could be there.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

I prefer long games like civilization or age of mythology... never to used to play starcraft :) Too fast, too much concentration and too much futurist!

although I can give you the usernames of some really good and addict players :)
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

Silimir wrote:I prefer long games like civilization or age of mythology... never to used to play starcraft :) Too fast, too much concentration and too much futurist!

although I can give you the usernames of some really good and addict players :)
If you like long games, I advise you to try out Legends of Pegasus. Really nice game! (has a few bugs, but it will be fixed with time, I think...)

^^ I know a few good and addicted players as well, but as the "addicted" says, they can no longer play seriously and at the same time for fun!
FrontlinesCRO
Mikuru's Master

Post by FrontlinesCRO »

I really enjoyed SC2. Every Summer break since it was released I play through the Campaign. The story was awesome, and then I play some MP and Customs, but I just quit eventually because of school or something else.
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

FrontlinesCRO wrote:I really enjoyed SC2. Every Summer break since it was released I play through the Campaign. The story was awesome, and then I play some MP and Customs, but I just quit eventually because of school or something else.
SC2 is game that does querier any real commitment and you can be easily satisfied with playing an hour or two.
So I do not think I will be tiered of it for at least another five to ten years.
As for time... well I think I said somewhere before, but time is something we make for ourselves ^^
Every one have some free time which they spend to relax a bit from stress or just to kill time, if you want to you can always find time.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

I just started playing this again, as I did take quite a long break since it first came out. Heart of the Swarm is coming out soon yes!

That's also pretty much the reason why I started again. Love the story, and I did buy all the books that have come out for starcraft. Can't wait to play the zerg campaign.

Love playing standard matches too, though I am only a gold league player and I am really rusty from not playing for a long time. Tend to get heated up too when playing haha really thrilling when you are going against another person.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^

Return to “Games & Computing”