Final Fantasy 13-3

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Final Fantasy 13-3

Post by swiftelf »

Well okay so that's not the title, but it's essentially what it is. The true title is Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13. It's going to end Lightning story, which if any of you played 13-2 would know it had all sorts of cliff hangers.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Final Fantasy 13-3

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Yay.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I have yet to play FFXIII-2. Is it really all that worth it? I mean, the first one was so-so...
swiftelf
Project Editor

Post by swiftelf »

13-2 was a wonderful game, the battle system is largely the same, but is much improved and you get the paradigm system off the bat. The only issue I had with 13-2 was the ending. It really pissed me off, not as much as ME3's ending though. It was close to being as bad as ME3's ending though.

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Ok. I had heard that FFXIII-2 was really a bit of a surprise, especially with how fast they cranked it out. It might be worth playing then. The only thing for me though is that I would like to see future FF games stop grinding the same territory. To me, it seems that the FF series has just kind of ground to a halt more or less trying to reclaim the FFVII days in a sense without actually remaking FFVII.
swiftelf
Project Editor

Post by swiftelf »

Well the Playable Characters in FF13-2 are not the same as 13. So it's pretty new ground, plus the places you go in the game are all new. The only things that are the same from 13 is the world setting (meaning it still takes place in the same world), the battle system is pretty much the same (but improved), and you do meet the characters from 13, however they don't really join your party. The DLC does allow for Lightning (in her FF13 and 13-2 forms), Snow, and Sazh to join via the monster system however.

Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

FF13-1 was one of my best JRPG video games, along with Xenoblade and Lost Odyssey. Really good story. Almost played 130h on it. FF13-2 was less interesting... with new characters and a strange story that wasn't really about the first one... well I wanted to have a FF13-3, you know really like the first one... but it will be "again" an other random story... Lightning as the only playable character... millions of year later... sad.. but will still play it :)

Oh and the ending of FF13-2... well I'm stuck to the ultimate boss fight... do not want to train an other 10 hour to finish it :?
swiftelf
Project Editor

Post by swiftelf »

It's not hard to do get 100% completion in 13-2, I did it in about 3 weeks during my finals. The only thing I didn't like about 13-2 was the way you could screw up your character builds when leveling. I had to restart my game completely about 40 hours in after realizing that because I screwed up my character stats.

Edit: Raising the silver chocobo, Lightning(Rav) and Amodar monsters correctly makes doing the last boss a joke too. He went down in 30 seconds after properly training Serah and Noel along with those three monsters. A green chocobo and giving it the proper skills and stats also makes it really easy if you don't want to use a sentinel monster.

Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

True :) I made many saves and I still had to redo 20h of playing.... was so desperate

About the last boss.. I'm against the 3 dragons with Serah and Noel... I had so much difficulty getting there that this boss is totally impossible... as I said, I really need to train, but really don't want right now... also, having really to much fun with Xenoblade ^^

I remember training almost 10-20 hour in the plain in FF13-1 with my best friend... good memories and bad... was long... really long... although I enjoy every moment of it because I was also watching hockey in the same time ^^
swiftelf
Project Editor

Post by swiftelf »

You don't need to grind nearly as much as you did in 13-1. I think there are some great spots in the Plains of Eternity (The area with the weather changing machine) for farming. You just set it to Raining and than farm the little acorn dudes that spawn in the lake part of the map in the west (To the far right if you are looking out onto the plain next to the weather machine). They also drop the best materials for raising monsters IIRC.

Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Thanks for the tips!

Return to “Games & Computing”