Hearthstone

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

inaban
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Hearthstone

Post by inaban »

Any Hearthstone players out here? Got in beta a few days ago and I'm addicted. I believe open beta is starting sometime soon.

For those who don't know, it's a world of warcraft themed online card game by Blizzard. I believe it will be F2P with real money used to buy packs of cards(Although similar to league in the fact that you can earn them just by playing games without spending anything)

If anyone wants to get in Beta just make a battle.net account if you don't have one and opt in under beta profile settings. Although with open beta around the corner theres probably no need.

Anyways, my battle tag is bonbon#1306 if you want to add me.
guhehe-TL: http://guhehe.net/
Twitter updates: @Inaban_TL

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hearthstone

Post by cautr »

I rolled my eyes, when I first heard about it.

I saw a vid of it the other day and well, I signes up for the beta, but no invitation yet. There no exact open-beta-date, is there? Seeing those card-games really sets me back in the days. :wink:
Last edited by cautr on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
inaban
Project Translator

Post by inaban »

Yea I don't think theres a date, but I would imagine you could expect it within the next month or so. And yea I thought it was silly when I first heard about it but after playing it I've gotten hooked.

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

inaban wrote:Yea I don't think theres a date, but I would imagine you could expect it within the next month or so. And yea I thought it was silly when I first heard about it but after playing it I've gotten hooked.
Since you're saying that it's interesting, I will check it out. :mrgreen:
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

It's pretty much a typical 'Blizzard Game'. It takes stuff from other games, that is popular, and does nothing to the game, that would make it really complex.

What I especially like is classes. So that there's a different play-style to whichever class you have. This way you don't have to always use alike strategies with the one deck you have, but you need a lot more due to variety of classes.

What I've been seeing a lot in the beta-matches I've watched, though: it comes a lot down to people only having one card left, so they just throw in the game whatever they draw at this moment. That's just pure luck and no more tactic.

How did you experience that particular problem, inaban? Is it as bad as it looks on youtube?

inaban
Project Translator

Post by inaban »

Ah it depends on the deck I think. Obviously in the beginning most people are just going to throw down whatever, but as they learn more strategies they may change things up.

But yea sometimes you get to the point near the end of games where you've used up most of your hand and you just throw down whatever.

At that point unless you know theres something you can do in the future most people just play what they can.

Some decks involve just getting as much monsters out as they can so they play whatever they get as soon as they can, and others rely on certain key cards.

I play Rogue, and my playstyle is of the latter. I get through as much of my deck as I can, usually without defending myself much, and then all of a sudden I blow up my oppenent in one turn.

I'll be streaming a few hearthstone games in a bit if you want to see some gameplay.

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

You misunderstand me a little bit, I think. What I've watched for example, are hunter matches. He, of course, tried to get many creatures out.

A match, which I can recall best, was versus a mage. They pretty much kept destroying the other's cards and ended with each one a card, so that they only had the single option to throw that one out.

That pattern repeated in every 2nd to 3rd match. The matches ended more or less neccessarily in a one-card-deadend.

It were matches at lvl20, I think. Of course it could be right, that it's just due to their beginner-decks. Then again, Blizzard should try to even avoid such situations in beginner-matches. It's more fun to win through your tactic, than with luck when you're with your back to the wall, right? :wink: Just thought that Blizzard maybe changed a bit for the beginners.

Another point I somewhat like about the game: No chat! :D It's sad sometimes, but as it's a free2play-game, I think a chat would be annoying in most of the matches. On the other hand they could make it hideable.

Oh, and you cannot trade cards afaik. That's not cool, but solves the china-farmer problem, I guess.

inaban
Project Translator

Post by inaban »

ah well that would be because it was hunter vs mage. mages and hunters seem to excel at dealing mass damage to minions. Mage's main damage would come from it's spells, while hunter's would come from having massive amounts of minions and buffing them. But yea level 20's would still be beginning stuff unless they got lucky with some of the early booster packs, or spent money. So matches end up a bit boring sometimes. Also mages and hunters are the most prevalent lower levels I think, since everyone starts with mage and ....well I don't know why but alot of people play hunters.

The card trading thing does make me sad =( My friend plays shaman, and I got a bunch of good shaman card, but I never plan on playing it so i disenchanted them, and vice versa he got a bunch of rogue cards haha.

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

inaban wrote:The card trading thing does make me sad =( My friend plays shaman, and I got a bunch of good shaman card, but I never plan on playing it so i disenchanted them, and vice versa he got a bunch of rogue cards haha.
That's Murphy's Law for you, I guess. :D Then again you don't have friends begging you for cards. I pretty much got robbed at Diablo 3 when people still played it.

I really like that there's only a single power-pool. "Magic" has a bunch, I think, but this way you can always do something - special attack or card or w/e.

As I said before: Blizzard. Nothing really new, but everything they do is well thought out and feels complete. I wished the board and backgrounds were a bit more beautiful and immersive, though. And well, the form of the cards themselves isn't really my thing. But what am I complaining when I wanna play it! :D

inaban
Project Translator

Post by inaban »

cautr wrote:
That's Murphy's Law for you, I guess. :D Then again you don't have friends begging you for cards. I pretty much got robbed at Diablo 3 when people still played it.
haha yea it was pretty bad. although I just didn't buy anything and then the market crashed and I bought gold from AH at like 1m/0.25$ or something stupid like that

Did a few rogue games if you want to see how unfair rogues are.

http://www.twitch.tv/bonbonstyle/c/3077180

I alt tab somewhere around the middle for awhile

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

inaban wrote:Did a few rogue games if you want to see how unfair rogues are.

http://www.twitch.tv/bonbonstyle/c/3077180

I alt tab somewhere around the middle for awhile
Good that you already introduce yourself as unfair, haha. :D

It's hard to follow the match, if you don't comment on what you're doing, unless one knows already what all the cards do. Really liked how you boosted your creature and the guy must've been like 'well, shit'.

Also, what's the 2nd song called? And the 3rd is pretty funna. :D What's the phrase, it keeps repeating? Overall a tracklist would be nice. :D

Somehow the people I watch matches of always lose the cointoss and I like your musictaste, maybe you could recommend me some good japanese music via PM, talkpage or so?

P.S.: little off-topic: regardin Haganai please don't forget to edit yourself onto the page as TL, also you may need to ask the supervisor (maybe vexed? don't know by heart) for permission. I'll eat my hat when you get declined, so just pro forma.

inaban
Project Translator

Post by inaban »

Ah yea I would imagine it's pretty hard to follow heh, I may throw some commentary on it and re-upload later.

As for the music

I was listening to a vocaloid album, Vocalosensation and I think near the end I switched to an album by Aldious, Determination. I

I believe the tracklist was something like this

Stop Me
ハローフロター(Hollow Floater I think)
誰でもいいから付き合いたい(The phrase thats being repeated is the name of the song, which I think comes out to something like"Anyone's fine as long I can go out with them")
te-yut-te
レンきゅうなう
クラガキスト
ミスターデジャブ
拙者も誰かと付き合いたい
にじいろのはる

Not sure if I finished the album but when it switched to JRock(and not Vocaloid) it should of been

Disclose
Defended Desire

And yea I'll send you a PM. And as for the cointoss, It seems to be always be better to lose the coin toss. One extra card + free mana crystal? yes pls.
cautr wrote:
P.S.: little off-topic: regardin Haganai please don't forget to edit yourself onto the page as TL, also you may need to ask the supervisor (maybe vexed? don't know by heart) for permission. I'll eat my hat when you get declined, so just pro forma.
Yea I already added myself on there, and gonna throw a quick message on Vexed's and TLG's(Project Admin) talkpage

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

inaban wrote: Yea I already added myself on there, and gonna throw a quick message on Vexed's and TLG's(Project Admin) talkpage
You only need to contact one, and TLG pretty much shows up only once in a blue moon. :lol:
inaban
Project Translator

Post by inaban »

OK added some commentary to the first match, will put the other matches in when they finish uploading.

Hope I don't ramble too much I was tired (・ω<)

Rogue v Druid

Rogue v Mage

Projects:
Spoiler! :
T/L For Haganai V9
T/L For OniAi

Return to “Games & Computing”