Using google glass to make the game "Brain Burst"

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

If someone made an augmented reality game for google glass which would you play?

Accel world's "Brain Burst"
33%
Sword Art Online
44%
Gun Gale Online
11%
Other (please tell us below)
11%

Total votes: 9

obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Using google glass to make the game "Brain Burst"

Post by obsidian pegasus »

After CES 2014 I was thinking about the possibility of using Google glass to make "Brain Burst" from accel world (using the newly released development package is now possible), minus slowing time down by 1000x. Using the new software with exercise wristbands that have accelerometers in them makes SAO or GGO possible by pairing the wristbands (swing a sword, first person shooter, throw a fireball/spell) via bluetooth with your phone and glass, and with the new phones being 64 bit with 4gb ram and octocore processors running.

Demo's are already up for a similair version of zombie run, what would you guys do if you were gonna write an app or play a LN here that got turned into a real game?
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Using google glass to make the game "Brain Burst"

Post by BitterSugar »

This sounds amazing... VR games actually exists already but I don't think multiplayer versions are possible as of now. At this rate, VRMMO games might be released in the near future. But realistically speaking, the price would be far too high so the servers would barely have players to be called an MMO, but I personally would play GGO since I love shooting games. Ugh, I'd be thrilled to play a VRMMO regardless of the game type :\
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Woudln´t you die when you met your first road (or just a tree in your way)? As you woldn´t see there is extreme risk of injury if you weren´t playing the game in a realy wide space (like in the midle of a field or something like that).
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Augmented Reality incorporates your surroundings into the game. Your thinking Virtual Reality which doesn't.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Asterne
Astral Realm

Post by Asterne »

Wouldn't Gun Gale Online be the most viable to play, though? Since it's all long range weapons (well, basically), there's no risk of accidentally hitting somebody like with swinging a sword or melee attacks in Brain Burst.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Good point...Also, their screen is a little small. Future versions of glass or other AR glasses will hopefully have bigger screens... Between project morpheus and occulus hopefully something like this will happen soon though!
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Via_01
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Via_01 »

I personally want to see how project morpheus fares. We know it's something similar to the Oculus Rift... but we don't know HOW similar, or how many differences it'll have. Who knows, Sony may release something pretty cool once they finish developing it.
Hawgnes
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hawgnes »

My idea are the Google Glass will display the status of the player, and the " challenger's " status ( ID, time of play, etc )
Now, our problem would be how people will program and design " effect " " SFX " " animation " for [skills] like fireball, etc

and instead of just challenging people in the middle of the city, we should have a on/off toggle to display our visibility
i would suggest a combination of those glasses with smartphones, google glass to <see>, and smartphone for <action>, or unless someone good with electronics would make a device for this ( imagine they'll be like those CADs in Mahouka )

i saw an ad few weeks before, and it seems there's a game similar to this being released in smartphone ( Android, i suppose ? )
it uses smartphone as the display and controller at the same time

let's not go to VRMMO like SAO for this decade, the world (probably) wouldn't deploy this kind of technology for entertainment without proper countermeasure, unless they intend to build centres to play the VRMMO, which will probably cause more loss than profit prior to the early release

i'm not sure where did i read this, but VRMMO games like SAO can be used to train soldiers as well, you probably wouldn't want your life to suddenly be involved with those fighters ( and to face the reality, the pain is real, not just some expressions )
dalek
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Date A Live :)
...but since it's down, I'm in limbo...
so it's going to be ZnT if it's still up.

Post by dalek »

I will say... Great idea but meanwhile... What about the 007 game Agent Under Fire? Then you would be rocking!!! :idea:

Return to “Games & Computing”