Super Robot Wars!!

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Super Robot Wars!!

Post by onizuka-gto »

OMG.

I've wasted 4hrs watching SRW videos on Youtube

some of the best ones that just simply moved me literally to tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCw1HsHeck8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Bmr0oBA_E

dammn you, i want to play it now. :cry:

Anyone know when its coming out in English? any chance it'll be on PSP/DS?

*looks ernestly at PSIEYE*

:D
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue May 23, 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

onizuka-gto wrote:I've wasted 4hrs watching SRW videos on Youtube
Not to get off topic but I know how you feel. I just spent the last 4 days watching Azumanga Daioh on YouTube. :P (About 5-6 episodes per day...)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ouch.

no matter how much i enjoy youtube i would rather watch disney crap, then to watch anime on low youtube quality.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
psieye
Astral Realm

Post by psieye »

Ahahaha, well for starters you'd need to learn the system. It may be turn-based, but you'll realise that towards Endgame you can't think of it like other turn-based strategy games anymore ^^;; For that, I'd recommend the SRW 3 SNES ROM - there is an English patch out for this. If you can't find it, give me your email and I'll attach the few MB sized file to you. I assume you can easily find a SNES emulator, and naturally don't expect amazing graphics for such old games.

SRW 3 IMO had a crude combat system - many flaws were sorted by SRW 4. No English patch available for this, but there's good English FAQs out there that if you're already familiar with the system, there's no need for an English patch (they even briefly go over the story with you in some FAQs).

What you were looking at were videos of SRW Alpha 3 (which restarted the timeline that SRW 2~4 had been doing), which is much beyond my scope (I've only played SRW on SNES), but again search for FAQs to give you information on what's out for the DS. To my knowledge, nothing's out for the PSP though GBA is another matter.

Seriously, the awesomeness of one robot cannot compare to what you can do when you're properly orchestrating 16 of them, with l33t pilots, Seishins, equipment and double movement ^^
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Super Robot War Original Generation: The Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXbg9i0mpfY

BRING IT OOOON!

:twisted:

@Onizukademongto
psieye
Astral Realm

Post by psieye »

onizuka-gto wrote:Super Robot War Original Generation: The Animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXbg9i0mpfY

BRING IT OOOON!

Oh, the SRW OG OVA (total 3 eps), and there'll be the SRW TV series too soon.

SRW OG and OG 2 were based on all the original characters the SRW universes had churned out by that point. For once, SRW games with no massive crossover of 15 different giant robot anime.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i liked it with all the different mechas.

I just love the SRW Alpha 3 opening, all those Gunbuster Space aliens coming though the warp portal with some generic robot footsoldiers.

Then all the humanity robots come blasting in and kick some fat arse.

Make the blood boil, espcially with all the Jam Project type music.

I'm quite tempted to ask my relatives in the orient, to send me the SRW stuff...must....resist..... :(

@Onizukademongto
extraclassiclite
Astral Realm

Post by extraclassiclite »

I hear Lambda Driver is really cheap, which is funny when you consider how weak FMP mecha are compared to most series'.

Of course, I also hear the game has a Bonta-kun squad as a unit, so I guess it's pretty tongue-in-cheek.
(Insert name here)
Astral Realm

There is hope...

Post by (Insert name here) »

Don't know if you know this, but Super Robot Taisen (Atlus is sticking to the Japanese name for various reasons) IS comming to the States. (I will assume automatically that you are in the States for ease of location).

Although it will just be the Original Generation series only (Since the main stream is obviously a hell hole of licensing issuses). OG1 should be out sometime this summer (So far, everyone has it listed at the end of July, but I have my doubts since it keeps being pushed back), and OG2 should be released also this fall (Again, dates are being pushed around.).

The GBA ones are okay, though I like OG2 better (Read: Alt Eisen Reise).

Also, later this year (Or early next, there's not an exact date), a remake of OG1 and OG 2 (Along with a load of extras to make it interesting) is due for the PS2 in Japan called "Original Generations" (Wow, what a difference...). It also might make it to the US depending on the results for GBA duo.

All I can say about it is, ****ing beautiful. And I though @3 made the PS2 sexy enough...

Apologize if this is old news. Also, there is a PSP SRW in the works.

Finally, folks back in Asia = cheap imports. (Least for me...) :D
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

I hope this isn't necroing.... >.>

Post by Setherzam »

first off I apologize if this is considered necroing. Secondly.... I love this series! The only thing that is stopping me from importing the PS and PS2 games is the fact that I can't read Japanese and thus would be killed very fast. v.v Still watching the mechs on youtube is candy for the eyes
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Holy resurrection batman... :shock:
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

>.> guess that was a bad thing to do. Sorry, I just love the series so much. My eyes just wondered till I saw the words Super Robot Wars and my mouse moved on its own.
Last edited by Setherzam on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'm amazed the youtube links still work lol. Don't worry about it, bring up any thread you want. There are plenty I haven't even looked through yet.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Don't worry dude. Raising topics back from the dead are the norm here~ (along with spamming, derailing and no-hidden-message-Posting-Methods)
/me claws out throat and dies
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

SRW mechs suuuuck!

Return to “Games & Computing”