Novel: Unlost Sheep

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel: Unlost Sheep

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Darklor wrote:Ah, I didnt really assume that I would get it right. ;)
Spoiler! :
Hm, q4... I didnt see the answer of the elder brother as a valid answer, since they didnt prove it that it would work. Also I couldnt see a sign in the text that Cang Su is relentless, maybe because I do it translate into German http://www.dict.cc/?s=relentless also I couldnt see any signs that the elder brother has any feelings of inferiority, and what the "I" feels regarding the question wasnt mentioned at all.

Were all other questions also wrong?
Is the string in a similiar order as the underlined? Are all of the words different from the underlined words?
As the set of questions were set to either all be correct, else considered wrong, by telling you which questions are wrong is kinda cheating, so I will not answer that question. On the other hand, the answer of the elder brother is actually valid, just not it was not used due to a better idea. We all know that it would work, but its quite pointless to really make such a big scale doesn't it?

In a similar order, I don't get your question, but it is just 5 words that describes "my elder brother's true nature". So what is his true nature? The five words required goes as you would read it, with no extra words in-between, and in the exact same order as it is read(front to back) if that is what you mean.

P.S. you actually got to the starting of the solutions by that post, either you're really lucky, or you're good. But too bad, you don't seem to notice it, nor do you seem to grasp the requirements to solve the questions as of now.

Edit:
P.S.S. Why is everyone thinking about D for question 4... Its kinda obvious that it does measure the weight of the elephant by using a scale, does it not...? These questions are NOT trick questions, but they are tricky questions. There are no holes for you to fall into, except your own ignorance. The text provided is enough for you to arrive at all the answers, however, this is different from what you would do in school, because if it is, 99.99% of the students would fail.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

Spoiler! :
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) Her feelings is like the elephant: exotic, massive, a rare treasure, but unknown. Asking for a straightforward answer is hard. But if measured a little at a time, it will eventually be answered. Thus, she is agreeing to try going out with him.

dunno, i'm kinda bsing here :P I think if I did get the right answer, I should be pretty confident that it's right, so this is probably wrong. meh

Actually I might even be reading too much into this and the actual right answer is all 6 blank. Or maybe that's even more wrong.

Note that I'm not actually leaving any questions unanswered; I'm merely choosing to answer with blank.
ShadowZeroHeart

jonathanasdf wrote:
Spoiler! :
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) Her feelings is like the elephant: exotic, massive, a rare treasure, but unknown. Asking for a straightforward answer is hard. But if measured a little at a time, it will eventually be answered. Thus, she is agreeing to try going out with him.

dunno, i'm kinda bsing here :P I think if I did get the right answer, I should be pretty confident that it's right, so this is probably wrong. meh

Actually I might even be reading too much into this and the actual right answer is all 6 blank. Or maybe that's even more wrong.

Note that I'm not actually leaving any questions unanswered; I'm merely choosing to answer with blank.
She is a serious girl, that would likely be furious at your mocking of her seriousness at answering the questions. I already said it is possible to get the answers from the passage, and that it is possible that you get the answers by luck as well, so these clearly depicts the fact that answers do exist...

Please try again...

P.S. I can clearly tell you that this set of blank answers are wrong entirely.

P.S.S your answer, however, do hint on the path to the right answers... If someone spots the two hints so far, they might get to the starting point, where the discussion can slowly get you guys to the correct answer.

P.S.S.S. Two methods of answering the set of questions were posted in the novel, and one of it is so straightforward, you would knock yourself on the wall once you hear of it. (I actually had that answer in mind, though i pushed it aside as it is too straightforward, it seemed dumb.) The non-straightforward method is more interesting, so keep trying!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Darklor wrote:
Is the string in a similiar order as the underlined? Are all of the words different from the underlined words?
In a similar order, I don't get your question, but it is just 5 words that describes "my elder brother's true nature". So what is his true nature? The five words required goes as you would read it, with no extra words in-between, and in the exact same order as it is read(front to back) if that is what you mean.

P.S. you actually got to the starting of the solutions by that post, either you're really lucky, or you're good. But too bad, you don't seem to notice it, nor do you seem to grasp the requirements to solve the questions as of now.
What I meant is, has every word of the underlined sentence a different word as an equivalent or are some words the same. I asked because if some words are the same I would assume this sentence.
Spoiler! :
Our elder brother, though looking
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:On the other hand, the answer of the elder brother is actually valid, just not it was not used due to a better idea. We all know that it would work, but its quite pointless to really make such a big scale doesn't it?

P.S.S. Why is everyone thinking about D for question 4... Its kinda obvious that it does measure the weight of the elephant by using a scale, does it not...?
Because we dont believe what isnt proved ;) since we live in the era of science where every thing needs to be proved, otherwise it wouldnt be accepted. ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

Darklor wrote:
What I meant is, has every word of the underlined sentence a different word as an equivalent or are some words the same. I asked because if some words are the same I would assume this sentence.
Spoiler! :
Our elder brother, though looking
No, not every word has a different word that is equivalent. Take the five words as a phrase, and the five you seek describes what the phrase means.
Darklor wrote: Because we dont believe what isnt proved ;) since we live in the era of science where every thing needs to be proved, otherwise it wouldnt be accepted. ;)
If you don't believe that it works, then all weighing machines do not work... Scales are the same as weighing machines in a sense. That and the scale can also symbolize justice, fairness... In a scientific/mathematical sense, if a large scale cannot measure weigh, this implies that small scales cannot measure weight either, then scales are totally pointless items?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

She is a serious girl, that would likely be furious at your mocking of her seriousness at answering the questions. I already said it is possible to get the answers from the passage, and that it is possible that you get the answers by luck as well, so these clearly depicts the fact that answers do exist...
Well at the moment I just could not see those questions as being serious questions in any way. Thus there must be some kind of hidden meaning in them or something. The fact that it says you can answer them in any way jumps out to me as saying that the correct answer is not necessarily going to be one of the choices. I can assure you that I answered with all seriousness and is not mocking the test in any way, and I believe that my answers do satisfy all the requirements, just that it doesn't happen to be what she is looking for.

That said, I think I have an idea now....
Spoiler! :
1) C
2) A, D
3) the face of our brother
4) B
5) A, C
6) A
ShadowZeroHeart

Q3 is rather close, but not exactly what they are looking for... Hmm...

Other than that, I shall comment that you did not get fully correct answers. However, the questions are serious in every way. The girl poses the questions in an attempt to see if the guy is really suitable for her, so the questions are set in such a manner. While there are other methods to arrive at the answer, she is looking out for a specific way of arriving at the answers actually. So despite having different ways at getting the correct(same) answers, she is actually looking for a single way.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Unsuspectingvisitor
Astral Realm

Post by Unsuspectingvisitor »

Hey guys. I just stumbled upon this thread and I got interested in this. It's hard to register so i'll just reply without an account.
before you read my answer read this first. This is what i thought the name represents in the question.
Spoiler! :
"Elder Brother"= the type of a guy that the girl like.
"Cang shu" = type of a guy that her father like but i am not sure whether she likes the guy.
father= the girl's father.
"Me" and "I"= represents her.

here's my answer.
Spoiler! :
1. A
2.D
3.elder brother seems very calm
4.C
5.D and B
6.C or A
I can't chose from those two options since both can be a answer.

Return to “Manga & Novel”