Search for Kanokon and Shakugan no Shana

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Search for Kanokon and Shakugan no Shana

Post by NeoStorm555 »

Hey guys...this is my first thread here...so forgive me if I make any mistakes on what I'm saying/asking here. Basically it's what the topic implies ^^, I'm trying to find out if anyone aside from Baka-Tsuki, may perhaps be translating/working on the light novels of Shakugan no Shana and Kanokon currently. I've been searching just about every place I can think of. And yes, I know that both novels are licensed in the U.S., but I'm hoping on the slim yet possible chance there are guys/girls out there working on this. So if any of you know any info regarding the translation of SnS and Kanokon novels or who may be working on them, feel free to post me or PM me the information ^^. Once again, I apologize if I made any errors or violations i may/may not have done. And I hope that perhaps this information could be useful to anyone else here that may be interested in those particular novels.

And just to clear the record, I am NOT a perv (mostly) :p
Thanks for your time
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Search for Kanokon and Shakugan no Shana

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Nope; sorry. Many novels are never translated by people online, and although we started on Shana, we never had much more than the two viz had, and I don't believe anyone ever started Kanokon.

To be honest, there really aren't any other novel-translating groups out there at this point, except maybe a few guys at beast's lair and whoever tanslated the last few FMP novels.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

Awwwww. Now that you put it that way, this really sucks T_T. I've been searching and all for nothing I suppose... Anyways, thanks for telling me. But can you make sure to tell me if anything does pop up later on?
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by FNX »

Maybe I am wrong but there is a lot of people translating novels out there, its just that they are not on a group like here in baka, in my life on forums in my language I found people translating fate, shana and others from English or Japanese, its just a matter of luck and a lot of knowledge to find them, to tell you the truth I initially began to search for Shana some time ago but since it was licensed I never found anything, I think I saw kanokon somewhere but it was most probably in Spanish, but maybe its just my imagination, if I find anything I'll tell you
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

Thanks FNX, I would really appreciate it. Please do inform me the moment you find out who's translating Shana and Kanokon and the link(s) to said translators' sites. I'm sure it would not only help me a whole lot, but to others who like me want to read SnS or Kanokon. ^^ and once again, thanks for giving me some good news :3

Oh, and one more thing....if by any chance there isn't any more information, or if there's really no one translating it. Would you perhaps consider in the future doing Kanokon (even though it's licensed)? Of course I won't force anybody to do such a thing. But if it would be alright, mind if I try posting a poll to see if people here want Kanokon translated. Just to have that out of the way. Now if only I knew how to do that XD
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

NeoStorm555 wrote:Thanks FNX, I would really appreciate it. Please do inform me the moment you find out who's translating Shana and Kanokon and the link(s) to said translators' sites. I'm sure it would not only help me a whole lot, but to others who like me want to read SnS or Kanokon. ^^ and once again, thanks for giving me some good news :3

Oh, and one more thing....if by any chance there isn't any more information, or if there's really no one translating it. Would you perhaps consider in the future doing Kanokon (even though it's licensed)? Of course I won't force anybody to do such a thing. But if it would be alright, mind if I try posting a poll to see if people here want Kanokon translated. Just to have that out of the way. Now if only I knew how to do that XD
Well, B-T has no right nor powers to challenge real companies that have already licensed the series... So unless B-T changes its directions entirely, there is almost no way that we can translate it... However, if you can find people and start a new translation group or project under your own name, we have no right to stop you. Just that it won't be B-T anymore.

=D

Does this answer help?

And yes, we can have a poll on whether Kanokon translation is wanted, but I think I already do know the results... The answer is 95% yes by the mere readers, 95% no by contributors of B-T, knowing the legal ground.

And the final result is naturally "sorry, even though we have the poll results, we do not have any translators for it." Because people tend to think B-T have translators to spare, and drafts are out everywhere, but actually, the raws arent that easy to find, not to mention we need the time to read thru, before deciding whether to translate, and each volume is hundreds of PAGES of words... Basically, we need fresh blood for every new project... more or less
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by FNX »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
And the final result is naturally "sorry, even though we have the poll results, we do not have any translators for it." Because people tend to think B-T have translators to spare, and drafts are out everywhere, but actually, the raws aren't that easy to find, not to mention we need the time to read thru, before deciding whether to translate, and each volume is hundreds of PAGES of words... Basically, we need fresh blood for every new project... more or less
The raws are really easy to find (the quality maybe a different matter), but everything else explains perfectly the reason why nobody has started a translation, a lack of translators means you will never see anything done, its even worse if the translators that you have knows nothing of Japanese (like me).

Now, the results of my search were few, i found nothing on English and just one in Spanish that supposedly hasn't dropped the project but since they were translating from here it has been updated scarcely since it was took down here.

On the matter about kanokon Im still searching, but expect similar results if any
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
NeoStorm555 wrote:Thanks FNX, I would really appreciate it. Please do inform me the moment you find out who's translating Shana and Kanokon and the link(s) to said translators' sites. I'm sure it would not only help me a whole lot, but to others who like me want to read SnS or Kanokon. ^^ and once again, thanks for giving me some good news :3

Well, B-T has no right nor powers to challenge real companies that have already licensed the series... So unless B-T changes its directions entirely, there is almost no way that we can translate it... However, if you can find people and start a new translation group or project under your own name, we have no right to stop you. Just that it won't be B-T anymore.

=D

Does this answer help?

And yes, we can have a poll on whether Kanokon translation is wanted, but I think I already do know the results... The answer is 95% yes by the mere readers, 95% no by contributors of B-T, knowing the legal ground.

And the final result is naturally "sorry, even though we have the poll results, we do not have any translators for it." Because people tend to think B-T have translators to spare, and drafts are out everywhere, but actually, the raws arent that easy to find, not to mention we need the time to read thru, before deciding whether to translate, and each volume is hundreds of PAGES of words... Basically, we need fresh blood for every new project... more or less
Well ShadowZeroHeart, I kinda knew this outcome would happen, and I appreciate the info you gave me. But in other news, I can definently understand the kind of situation you guys are in regarding this, and I can also understand if you don't have translators for Kanokon and whatnot. I also would love to start a project on that, but there are numerous issues regarding that, soz yeah... I mean, I know there can't always be spare translators and whatnot for these things, and I'm willing to accept that.

Although if in the rarest occurance B-T does ever decide to work on kanokon, I'll do what I can to help you guys out, like ask around for translators or something. And that doesn't go without saying for any other projects you're currently working on, like ZnT for example. And if anything of B-T having plans for Kanokon sometime in the near future pops up or if you manage to find out more info regarding Kanokon or Shakugan no Shana being translated elsewhere or something of the sort, please let me know whenever possible ^^;
ShadowZeroHeart

Really hate to break the news... but i guess someone like me will have to be the bad guy...

You said "Both novels are licensed" in ur first post... that means B-T wont ever start on Kanokon unless the policy for B-T changes...

And I don't even read Kanokon, so I cant help you out there at all, sorry.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

oh...-facepalms- Well, I guess I just ruined it for myself then to begin with. Sorry to have bothered you with this, but at least I tried..
ShadowZeroHeart

NeoStorm555 wrote:oh...-facepalms- Well, I guess I just ruined it for myself then to begin with. Sorry to have bothered you with this, but at least I tried..
Well, sorry, guess i must be the bad guy... Anyways, at least you tried and found out that B-T cannot help you, so you have to find some other ways to get what you want. B-T isnt everything in this world, keep trying, coz once you give up, its all over!

Good luck, and do let us know if you find some other methods, we might want to follow suit. *wink*
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well, I have a perfect method: Learn Japanese, never again you will be bothered with translations... Off course I have neither time nor the will neccessary to learn another language but who knows, it might work for you...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I think we've all tried that. Problem is, reading Japanese is 12 times as difficult as listening to it.

I need to find Japanese books on tape.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

Well, alright. I can live without translated novels for awhile. But as a final request, do any of you at least have a few raws of Shakugan no Shana that you could offer? I mean, I might aswell translate them since i have a few programs and know a bit of kanji. It would be really nice is all ^^

Return to “Manga & Novel”