La Nouvelle Manga

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

La Nouvelle Manga

Post by b0mb3r »

I read many different comics. I have read the typical superhero comics, to sunday comics like Calvin and Hobbs, to indie comics like 'My Life Sucks" towards different manga; main and surreal, chinese manhwa whose popular works are on kung fu, to korean manga, webcomics like megatokyo and read a few french comics. But never have I read a manga written by a French artist.Dreamland is a unique manga while it follows a conventional manga format, the artist isn't afraid to experiment with perspective and warp his characters (not moe). The plot is also interesting too. I find this manga to be refreshing in character development, character design, and plot. The title above means "French New Wave" but for manga. Apparently there are French authors who write manga in France. This is one of them. The only french comic artist I've ever met is Moebius who is famous for his science fiction work. I find when I look at french work to be different from the americanzied comics I'm so used to. Even now I am beginning to get used to manga. I'm always learning new things as an artist and I wanted to share this with you guys. Thanks for reading.

P.S.

Do you know any more chemistry like these? Manga written by other nations? Chrnno does your country write manga? or comics? What about you Dark? How is German Comics? I'm open-minded to new things.

baka baka baka
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: La Nouvelle Manga

Post by Vaelis »

b0mb3r wrote:The title above means "French New Wave" but for manga.
Which is stupid since manga is masculine. It should be "Le Nouveau Manga".
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Hum... Let's see... Holy Avenger, Victoria, Mercenários, Dungeons Crawlers, Mercenários, Dragons Bride(this and all the previous are in the same world), Megamam, Triste Céu, Valiant Hur, Fighter Dolls, Guerreiro Azul, Combo Rangers, Ethora and probably a few others I can't think of right now.

Most of these suffer from the same problems, lack of originality(using cliches or things clearly based on, sometimes outright copied, famous series), weak story, generic art, mentions to famous animes in the middle of story, use of japanese expressions, pretty much all of them are for people who play or at least know RPG and Medieval Worlds those frenquently happen in and in a way an excessive use of woman...

And off course one of the main problems here in Brazil: prejudice. Most of us(fortunately not me included) tend to elevate that which comes from the exterior and to diminish that which is produced here and we do that with everything, games, movies, music, art, food and even culture itself. A big problem when talking about developing a national comic/manga industry...

Anyway there is not many but frankly for Brazil it's a lot as we don't have that kind of thing here. There are wonderful national comics that if published in USA, Europe or Japan would have made the authors famous and rich. Here? They are happy if someone says he read it... The only reason I knew there was some is because I like mangas and decided to look for a few here and even then when you asked I looked for them I found several I never heard of. :(

What happens is that several of the good authors go to exterior to publish or to work with another authors. Even in Japan there are Brazillians authors working... :roll:

Also this lack of manga is one of the reasons I consider it ironic that since pretty much the beginning of the 20th century Brazil has the highest number of japonese or descendants outside Japan.

EDIT: There you go, your fault for making me write this much. Now you have to read it. :lol:
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

chrnno wrote: Most of us(fortunately not me included) tend to elevate that which comes from the exterior and to diminish that which is produced here and we do that with everything, games, movies, music, art, food and even culture itself. A big problem when talking about developing a national comic/manga industry...
Excuse me for not understanding but could you define in what terms do you mean by "exterior?"

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Outside the country or done by non-brazilians I guess... For example a lot of people seem to love these international music bands(U2, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park, etc), why? Because they are international... That's the reason, it doesn't matter if it's good or if it sucks as long as it's international then people will listen to it... Understood?

Also that huge post and you comment only in that? I'm hurt. :cry:
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

chrnno wrote:Outside the country or done by non-brazilians I guess... For example a lot of people seem to love these international music bands(U2, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park, etc), why? Because they are international... That's the reason, it doesn't matter if it's good or if it sucks as long as it's international then people will listen to it... Understood?

Also that huge post and you comment only in that? I'm hurt. :cry:
Thanks for the answer. Sorry about that. Writing a paper and checking back baka at the same time.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Oh no worries, just playing with you. :wink:

Return to “Manga & Novel”