G Senjou Heaven's Door

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

G Senjou Heaven's Door

Post by b0mb3r »

Just need a little help. This is a coming-to-age story about two troubled boys trying to get into the manga business. Sounds like Bakuman but it focus more about overcoming yourself to face the future. So what i meant by help is just give this manga a reading-try. This is one of those rare stories where I think I am not mature enough to understand or appreciate. While the general idea get through to me I feel not moved by it. I hate it when I know when there is depth to a story but not feeling it or understanding it. Is like I am looking at the "surface". So I hope one of you guys can give me an in-depth study of this story. Thanks.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/g_senjou_heavens_door/

baka baka baka
Gwilthyunman
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: G Senjou Heaven's Door

Post by Gwilthyunman »

First things first. This is not a series for everyone. Its not one that the average individual can relate to on most, if any level. The amount of angst, self-loathing, rage and general downer mood of it is not something that, everyone can stomach. It lacks all the comforts that readers have grown associated with. This is not a hurt and comfort story or that softens the pain with humor. What you have here is nothing more than drama and angst at its roots.

That being said, what you have is something that can only be considered a work of pure and simple brilliance. Its the kinda work that once you put down, start from the beginning again. A work of simple and pure magic. Unique beyond belief, running along the lines of series like Onnanai Kurosawa , you know you;ll never see a manga quite like this ever again.

Unlike most manga you probably won't find a character that represents you or some sort of common ground that links you to it. Its not a manga about ordinary people achieving greatness or dreams, nor is it a manga about broken people finding an outlet. Its a manga about those few blessed with more talent than they know what to do with trying to live to live up to the destiny before them. Being hurt, hurting others as they struggle not to live, but to exist in the world. You don't get characters, you get people whose depth, make oceans seem shallow and are as confused about themselves as the most disturbed amongst us are.

The story telling and pacing are on unreal, each page more interesting the previous. Its a fresh story the likes of you haven't seen before. While stories about manga-ka aren't common by any means. This one takes a completely different direction from any that you've read before. The art style at first seems a bit awkward and shaky, but quickly becomes apparent that it simply fits the story as well as improves as it goes on.

This is in the top 1 percentile in originality, story and character development. If all manga were like this then I could never stop reading. :D
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: G Senjou Heaven's Door

Post by b0mb3r »

Damn, didn't know it was completed. What a great series that words can't describe it enough without you reading it. If there is words Gwilthyunman helped me summed up my feelings about it. Please read it my fellow readers.

baka baka baka

Return to “Manga & Novel”