Kara no Kyoukai- Re-Translate

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

aassddff
Astral Realm

Kara no Kyoukai- Re-Translate

Post by aassddff »

Hi,
Ever since the announcement of Del Rey translating Kara no Kyoukai in 2009, many translators- if not all, have dropped their translations including mirror moon. As of 2011, Del Rey has not translated any more than the first chapter preview in Faust. It would appear that Del Rey have canceled their license according to an email I sent to them:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Morning, xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Random House, we appreciate your feedback and continued interest in our publications.

We do not currently have this title in our database. It is possible that due to a rights conflict we were unable to prepare the title for publication.

Thank you,
Consumer Services
TU-863809

Please note: We receive a large volume of emails. In order for us to respond properly to your inquiry, when replying to this email please be sure to quote previous messages. If your email client (e.g. aol.com) does not automatically quote the previous message, please use copy and paste to quote the previous message in your new email. Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 4:44 AM
To: ecustomerservice
Subject: Form submission from your website

A visitor to your website submitted the following question/comment from the contact form on your website. Simply hit the reply button in your email client to send back your reply.

The visitors details are:

Name: xxxxxx
Email:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:
Order:
Question/Comment: In the year 2009, the company Del Rey was to release the light novel series: Kara no Kyoukai. As of 2011, there has still been no word on the release of the books. I would like to know if they are still translating the books or have dropped the project. Thank-you in advance
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it would appear that they have dropped their translations, I would like to request for the translations to be put back up on the site and if the previous translations were not completed, to be translated fully. Alot of fans would appreciate the english translations to be put back up and I hope that they will be!

ps: Please do correct me if I am wrong in saying that Del Rey are no longer translating Kara no Kyoukai and if another company has licensed it after Del Rey quit translating the novels.
pps: I have also checked with the names: the garden of sinners and kara no kyokai and they don't have those names in their previous or current database.

thanks =D
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kara no Kyoukai- Re-Translate

Post by ben1234 »

You don't have to copy and paste the same thread

If nobody gave you a proper reply the first time, chances are you won't get one the 2nd time :roll:

(Not to mention this is the wrong forum but that's not my job)

Return to “Manga & Novel”