このライトノベルがすごい!/ This Light Novel is Amazing! 2011

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: このライトノベルがすごい!/ This Light Novel is Amazing! 2011

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Also, there is a very strong emotion in the story, so much so you would hope that both main female characters would go with the main character in the end.
Spoiler! :
There are two female main characters for the guy that cant really die. One of which is the "Ancient mage" that has waited 9 long years before he even recalls her once more, and has given up everything she has for him.

Another, a girl that has been with him for so long, his childhood friend, the one that would go with him for the rest of his life should the "Ancient Mage" never appeared in his mind again. Yet a spy, also willing to give her life up just so he could live the way he does.

He clearly has feelings for both of them, its hard to tell how everything turns out in the end. Though the plot seems set for the Ancient Mage, you would kinda hope the other girl gets a good ending too.
Typical romantic plot. Reminds me of a novel in which there was a love triangle, and then one person dies. The two others would never be happy.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Also, there is a very strong emotion in the story, so much so you would hope that both main female characters would go with the main character in the end.
Spoiler! :
There are two female main characters for the guy that cant really die. One of which is the "Ancient mage" that has waited 9 long years before he even recalls her once more, and has given up everything she has for him.

Another, a girl that has been with him for so long, his childhood friend, the one that would go with him for the rest of his life should the "Ancient Mage" never appeared in his mind again. Yet a spy, also willing to give her life up just so he could live the way he does.

He clearly has feelings for both of them, its hard to tell how everything turns out in the end. Though the plot seems set for the Ancient Mage, you would kinda hope the other girl gets a good ending too.
Typical romantic plot. Reminds me of a novel in which there was a love triangle, and then one person dies. The two others would never be happy.
Yeah, but when you consider how everything goes to a harem these days, i would say a love triangle is better off. And personally, i hope neither of them dies...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kira0802 wrote:
Spoiler! :

you underestimate Kagami Takaya knack for messing with people's emotions. after all he's the one who gave everyone important in Denyuuden a screwed-up past.
ShadowZeroHeart

larethian wrote:you underestimate Kagami Takaya knack for messing with people's emotions. after all he's the one who gave everyone important in Denyuuden a screwed-up past.
I think you meant. "Afterall, hes the one who gave everyone important in Denyuuden a screwed-up past AND still give us such a fantasic story to boot!"

Its not hard to give people screwed up stories, but to make things still wonderful beyond that, thats hard.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
EpixAura
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EpixAura »

Oooooh, interesting.

I wish Hakomari was higher. I haven't read many other light novels, but judging from typical books and the few light novels I've read, I feel it should be in top 10. I'd put it number 1.

Also, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? being 39. Hmmm... I've been wanting to read that since I've watched so much of the anime. Unfortunately, mi no hablo Japanese. Most of the top 5 don't surprise me an awful lot.
ShadowZeroHeart

EpixAura wrote:Oooooh, interesting.

I wish Hakomari was higher. I haven't read many other light novels, but judging from typical books and the few light novels I've read, I feel it should be in top 10. I'd put it number 1.

Also, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? being 39. Hmmm... I've been wanting to read that since I've watched so much of the anime. Unfortunately, mi no hablo Japanese. Most of the top 5 don't surprise me an awful lot.
Those may be influenced by the number of readers and the number of volumes released that year, so the ranking is not 100% accurate. And Zombie desu is interesting and funny, but plot wise, I would say its not that good in volume 1, the only volume I read.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:28位 カンピオーネ!(Kanpioone!)
The chinese official translation calls it "Campione!"
Spoiler! :
The setting of this is in modern Japan. The story goes by that Campione, or Champions, are people that have "surpassed a deity", as in having been able to "kill" a being of superio presence, a God. Even though such Gods would revive after some time due to human's continuous beliefs, Champions will inherit part of the powers of the God(s) they kill.

The protagonist is a normal average high school boy that has slayed a God without much people realising his identity. He also has a beautiful follower that pursues him.

On one incident, a God's artifact has been discovered. And the God wants it back, badly. Thus, humans(magicians and all) decided to ask a Champion to guard this artifact. However, there were no suitable candidates. In such, the follower that recommends the new unknown Champion(despite his unwillingness). This eventually leads to him getting dragged into another series of events...

P.S. his powers are unstable and restrictive. Despite the name and ability of the God he slayed then being revealed, it is not revealed about what actually happened back then, at least not in the first two volumes of the novel.
I just started reading this. The cover and the illustrations gave me a general idea of what kind of story it is.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:28位 カンピオーネ!(Kanpioone!)
The chinese official translation calls it "Campione!"
Spoiler! :
The setting of this is in modern Japan. The story goes by that Campione, or Champions, are people that have "surpassed a deity", as in having been able to "kill" a being of superio presence, a God. Even though such Gods would revive after some time due to human's continuous beliefs, Champions will inherit part of the powers of the God(s) they kill.

The protagonist is a normal average high school boy that has slayed a God without much people realising his identity. He also has a beautiful follower that pursues him.

On one incident, a God's artifact has been discovered. And the God wants it back, badly. Thus, humans(magicians and all) decided to ask a Champion to guard this artifact. However, there were no suitable candidates. In such, the follower that recommends the new unknown Champion(despite his unwillingness). This eventually leads to him getting dragged into another series of events...

P.S. his powers are unstable and restrictive. Despite the name and ability of the God he slayed then being revealed, it is not revealed about what actually happened back then, at least not in the first two volumes of the novel.
I just started reading this. The cover and the illustrations gave me a general idea of what kind of story it is.
Yes, its a rather common kind of plot and all. A simple yet quite cool story. It won't hit the tops, but it is around average, or perhaps above average. Thats what I think of it. Worth reading.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

this is a re-post to update active works in the list. actually, I'm just bored a short period of time. :)

01位 とある魔術の禁書目録 (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
02位 僕は友達が少ない (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
03位 バカとテストと召喚獣 (Baka To Test To Shoukanjyuu)
04位 ソードアート・オンライン (Sword Art Online)
05位 ベン・トー (Ben.to)
06位 「文学少女」シリーズ (Bungaku Shoujo Series)
07位 「生徒会の一存」シリーズ (Seitokai no Ichizon Series)
08位 俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawai wake ga nai)
09位 デュラララ!! (Durarara!!)
10位 神様のメモ帳 (God's Memo Pad)
11位 フルメタル・パニック!(Fullmetal Panic!)
12位 「化物語」シリーズ (Bakemonogatari Series)
13位 電波女と青春男 (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
14位 「ココロコネクト」シリーズ (Kokoro Connect Series)
15位 嘘つきみーくんと壊れたまーちゃん (Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan)
16位 さくら荘のペットな彼女 (Sakura Sou no Pet na Kanojo)
17位 とある飛空士への恋歌 (To Aru Hikuushi e no Koiuta)
18位 さよならピアノソナタ (Goodbye Piano Sonata)
19位 ロウきゅーぶ!(Rou Kyuu Bu!)
20位 灼眼のシャナ (Shakugan no Shana)
21位 キノの旅 -the Beautiful World- (Kino no Tabi -the Beautiful World-)
22位 とらドラ!(Toradora!)
23位 GENESISシリーズ 境界線上のホライゾン (GENESIS Series Horizon on the Boundary Line)
24位 アクセル・ワールド (Accel World)
25位 空色パンデミック (Sorairo Pandemic)
26位 緋弾のアリア (Hidan no Aria)
27位 狼と香辛料 (Spice and Wolf)
28位 カンピオーネ!(Kanpioone!)
29位 サクラダリセット (Sakura Dari Set)
30位 ミスマルカ興国物語 (Misumaruka Koukoku Monogatari)
31位 「オオカミさん」シリーズ (Ookami-san Series)
32位 氷結鏡界のエデン (Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden)
33位 バッカーノ!(Baccano!)
34位 蒼穹のカルマ (Karma of the Azure Sky)
35位 されど罪人は竜と踊る (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru)
36位 東京レイヴンズ (Tokyo Reivunzu)
37位 ゼロの使い魔 (Zero no Tsuakaima)
38位 羽月莉音の帝国 (Hazukirion no Teikoku)
39位 これはゾンビですか?(Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
40位 這いよれ!ニャル子さん (Haiyore! Nyaruko-chan)
41位 空ろの箱と零のマリア (Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria)
42位 パパのいうことを聞きなさい!(Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!)
43位 迷い猫オーバーラン!(Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
44位 ”不思議”取り扱います 付喪堂骨董店 ("Fushigi" Toriatsukaimasu Tsukumodoukottouten)
44位 円環少女 (Circlit Girl)
46位 ムシウタ (Mushi-Uta)
47位 テスタメントシュピーゲル (Testament Shupiigeru)
48位 レイセン (Reisen)
49位 大伝説の勇者の伝説 (Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu)
50位 世界平和は一家団欒のあとに (Sekai Heiwa wa Ikkadanran no ato ni)
51位 いつか天魔の黒ウサギ (Itsuka Tenmo no Kuro Usagi)
51位 「戦う司書」シリーズ (Tatakau Shisho Series)
53位 織田信奈の野望 (Oda Nobuna no Yabou)
54位 IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉(Infinite Stratos)
54位 クロノ×セクス×コンプレックス (Chrono x Sex x Complex)
56位 剣の女王と烙印の仔 (Tsurugi no Jyo-ou to Rakuin no Ko)
56位 「人間」シリーズ (Ningen Series)
58位 機巧少女(マシンドール)は傷つかない (Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai)
59位 神明解ろーどぐらす (Shinmeikairoodogurasu)
60位 鋼殻のレギオス (Chrome Shelled Regios)
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

I was pleasantly surprised to see Hidan no Aria's ranking.

And utterly disappointed that I hadn't read many of those series.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Wow, I've read the top 12 series :lol: Well, already dropped SAO and Seitokai no Ichizon after vol 1 and I'm way behind on FMP and monogatari series, but at least I've read it :lol: IS at rank 54 is.....not surprising considering this is before the airing of the anime. Should be higher on the list this year since the anime has boost the LN sales greatly, although the story quality has staled :lol:
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kuroi_shinigami wrote:Wow, I've read the top 12 series :lol: Well, already dropped SAO and Seitokai no Ichizon after vol 1 and I'm way behind on FMP and monogatari series, but at least I've read it :lol: IS at rank 54 is.....not surprising considering this is before the airing of the anime. Should be higher on the list this year since the anime has boost the LN sales greatly, although the story quality has staled :lol:
firstly, there are around 8 (plus minus) major LN publishers, and being in any of these spots makes the LN すごい! though it reflects only sales of that year, and not total sales. so IS is すごい! well at least for 2010 :D

though despite the slice-of-life stuff, Seitokai has better developed characters than IS. :P. I still feel that before the story is fixed, the protagonist needs to be fixed first. there is no protagonist I want to kill more than Ichika, hahaha. though to be fair, I've only browsed through the raws for IS, and haven't really read it.

SAO is very shounen but I find the setting refreshing and the cliff-hangars executed well.
ShadowZeroHeart

larethian wrote: SAO is very shounen but I find the setting refreshing and the cliff-hangars executed well.
Hearing so much, I feel as though i made the wrong choice between SAO and ACCEL WORLD... but I don't feel like starting SAO due to the impressions I get for ACCEL WORLD, sighz... tough luck?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
larethian wrote: SAO is very shounen but I find the setting refreshing and the cliff-hangars executed well.
Hearing so much, I feel as though i made the wrong choice between SAO and ACCEL WORLD... but I don't feel like starting SAO due to the impressions I get for ACCEL WORLD, sighz... tough luck?
I haven't read Accel World, but from what I heard, it has more plot holes and more stuff that makes you go "duh" than SAO. and for SAO, I've only read the ones on baka-tsuki, so I don't know how it would fare later. but the idea of being in a VR game and actually describing the actions taken not in the form of a fantasy fight, but in the form of still playing the game, like pulling out menus and stuff, and how to go about executing moves actually being described, makes it pretty novel compared to other RPG archetypes. And it also explores human evil in the game. The romances are a little unrealistic in their development though. but the cliff-hangars does make me want to read on. Plot wise, I will not give it more than a "Good" (ie. around B+) grade, but its strengths lies elsewhere.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:this is a re-post to update active works in the list. actually, I'm just bored a short period of time. :)

09位 デュラララ!! (Durarara!!)
11位 フルメタル・パニック!(Fullmetal Panic!)
13位 電波女と青春男 (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
14位 「ココロコネクト」シリーズ (Kokoro Connect Series)
16位 さくら荘のペットな彼女 (Sakura Sou no Pet na Kanojo)
17位 とある飛空士への恋歌 (To Aru Hikuushi e no Koiuta)
18位 さよならピアノソナタ (Goodbye Piano Sonata)
19位 ロウきゅーぶ!(Rou Kyuu Bu!)
Only novels I didn't read in the top 20, and I've read only a bit of KamiMemo. I want to start Denpa Onna and Kokkoro Connect series soon.
Kira0802

Return to “Manga & Novel”