Manga translator

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Manga translator

Post by ainsoph9 »

Poke2201 wrote:Well I am. So I was just wondering. But you are talking about something else entirely.
That would be correct. :)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Going back to topic, if you've been following the News Forum, there is a discussion about SnS.

If it gets resurrected, I will NOT become a manga translator.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, I have been reading how light novels have not been doing too well here in the United States with the exception of "Juuni Kokki" ("The Twelve Kingdoms" for the "馬鹿外人" out there). It does not surprise me, seeing that nobody has any money to spare. Nobody in skilled labor is hiring either. Anyhow, here is to Poke the "whatever" translator!
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Lmao, its more like

Poke "Jack of All Trades" person.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

I prefer the chinese quote that applies to me is:

"Jack of all Knives, all knives dull."

I'm a multi-medium artist whose area of studies are not mastered....yet

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, that saying is similar to the typical, "Jack of all trades, master of none."
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ainsoph9 wrote:Well, that saying is similar to the typical, "Jack of all trades, master of none."

Well Im actually a master at mathematics, but that doesnt apply here does it :wink:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It can. Write a differential equation to model the change of the demographics of the anime market to prove that plot is going to pot. It might take a Markov process with several differential equations to correctly model it. I suggest using a series of Laplace Transforms to simplify the solution to find the general case. If you find a pattern to exist, it might be better to use Fourier analysis to make the curve fit better. If a pattern does not exist, solve piecewise. For the particular solution, solve for the trend over a series of years for the next 50 years, assuming that y(0) is a function of the exponential growth of males (12-25) who like harem, ecchi, plotless anime.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ainsoph9 wrote:It can. Write a differential equation to model the change of the demographics of the anime market to prove that plot is going to pot. It might take a Markov process with several differential equations to correctly model it. I suggest using a series of Laplace Transforms to simplify the solution to find the general case. If you find a pattern to exist, it might be better to use Fourier analysis to make the curve fit better. If a pattern does not exist, solve piecewise. For the particular solution, solve for the trend over a series of years for the next 50 years, assuming that y(0) is a function of the exponential growth of males (12-25) who like harem, ecchi, plotless anime.
LMAO. Now thats funny.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The scary thing is that what I wrote can actually make some sense, although I would not want to be the poor sucker who had to do that math.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

The funny thing is, poor suckers that do this stuff usually get hired by big anime corps to market their anime.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, and they get paid to do it as well.

I know that this is somewhat off topic (like it matters anyway :roll: ), but I noticed that nobody is translating "これはゾンビですか?" for the novel. That kind of surprised me. I have seen some people translating the manga, but that could be another project for Poke.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I actually bought the novels just last week. while it's another haremppoi story, I'm interested in the story of the necromancer. not that I have the time to read it. though if demand is great, I'll do a teaser.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

EDIT: Wikipedia is a godsend.

Ive heard of it, but I haven't had time to actually know what it is.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

larethian wrote:I actually bought the novels just last week. while it's another haremppoi story, I'm interested in the story of the necromancer. not that I have the time to read it. though if demand is great, I'll do a teaser.
I say, "Why not?" The anime does not seem to be going full-blown harem yet. It actually seems to be taking its time to give the characters exposition to a certain extent.

Return to “Manga & Novel”