Novel: God's Notebook

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel: God's Notebook

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:The other reason being her loss of memories causing her to be wavering in her emotions.
This is quite what would be a turning point in the relationships. The day she'd be able to remember will be the dasy the novel would get an end. However, as a metter of fact, Tamkijou Touma didn't got his after, what, 23 volumes? :lol: Though the comparison doesn't stand here, it might take a while.
22 volumes for the series? if you count the side stories u can count 24? around there? Besides, hes still as dumb whether he has memories or not

(Sorry, but i am very biased against Index because its a waste of character etc)

That aside, Narumi may not get her memories back at all. The novel won't end like that. The reason Narumi is Alice's assistant is no longer because of Narumi. Though personally I can't stand how the author is trying to push Alice to Narumi.
Spoiler! :
Though I find it interesting how Narumi is being portrayed as a lady killer. He's a NEET to be, but even more so, a gigolo to be it seems.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Actually, I find that light novels' protagonists all have the potential to attract many girls with them.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:Actually, I find that light novels' protagonists all have the potential to attract many girls with them.
He was a simple student
Spoiler! :
Later on, he, for his guts and ideas, were considered to have potential to be a conman. Due to his lack of emotions towards Alice, yet saying some (embarassing?) words and attracting her (personally, I think Alice is too gullible if that is considered charming her?). Alice says that Narumi's ability is to tell tales, unlike the job of a detective, to seek the truth and to put it out. Telling tales can use the truths found by detectives, distort it to bring outcomes(information, good endings etc) he desires. However, due to his several encounters with females, together with his mindless words and sharp eyes and instincts, they started considering that he has the potential to be a gigolo like the other NEET. In fact, Alice's relative, which is also the teacher of the gigolo, a 60+ aged old man, while intending to get married to a perhaps 20+ girl? found Narumi as a very good candidate to pass his skills down, even more than his gigolo disciple. He eventually gave Narumi a test, and considers it that he has picked up all the things he has taught for Narumi to become a gigolo.

Boss Ming: You guys can probably start a gigolo dojo around here. It makes things easier to report to the police by gathering all the jerks in the area.
Alice: Forget everything (he taught you)! I don't want to hire an assistant that is going to stink like leftover food.

The 2 samples of 25 things to say to sweeten girls up:
1 - Although I am not confident that I can make you happy, but as long as we are together forever, I believe I am definitely happy. (Adapted from a manga)
2 - "I am always thinking about what to say when I meet you, but once I do, I am so happy I forgot everything......"
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:The other reason being her loss of memories causing her to be wavering in her emotions.
This is quite what would be a turning point in the relationships. The day she'd be able to remember will be the dasy the novel would get an end. However, as a metter of fact, Tamkijou Touma didn't got his after, what, 23 volumes? :lol: Though the comparison doesn't stand here, it might take a while.
I doubt he will get them back ever. since I doubt they are important. it will be quite out of place to get important memories back at this stage, since memories of the past define characterization.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:The 2 samples of 25 things to say to sweeten girls up:
1 - Although I am not confident that I can make you happy, but as long as we are together forever, I believe I am definitely happy. (Adapted from a manga)
2 - "I am always thinking about what to say when I meet you, but once I do, I am so happy I forgot everything......"[/spoiler]
Where were these mentionned?
larethian wrote:I doubt he will get them back ever. since I doubt they are important. it will be quite out of place to get important memories back at this stage, since memories of the past define characterization.
Actually, I think that his memories are permanently broken. However, maybe there are things hinted in his past that are important.
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:The 2 samples of 25 things to say to sweeten girls up:
2 - "I am always thinking about what to say when I meet you, but once I do, I am so happy I forgot everything......"[/spoiler]
Where were these mentionned?
larethian wrote:I doubt he will get them back ever. since I doubt they are important. it will be quite out of place to get important memories back at this stage, since memories of the past define characterization.
Actually, I think that his memories are permanently broken. However, maybe there are things hinted in his past that are important.
It was mentioned in the side story of Vol 6. After a good, though rather sad story.

As for index, he can't get them back, because it is not exactly memory "loss" but destruction? Which is why even Mr. Frogface can't do anything about that. And please try to stick to Kami memou here, for Index, please refer to the respective forums.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Volume 6, huh? No wonder I don't know them...I've read V1, skipped V2 and am reading the third now.
Kira0802

kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Regarding Narumi-Ayaka, you mean in volume 1, so we get the feeling of pain over the incident? Perhaps, but you must admit that it is well-played, well-written.

As for Alice, I don't think she can even understand what it truly means to love yet. Even so, its clear she cares a lot for Narumi, whatever the reason may be.

Narumi clearly don't love her(Alice) as a person of the opposite gender. And yes, someone he trusts, that can be how to phrase it. In a way, you can also consider that shes one of the last things he can hang onto? At the end of volume 1, he practically lost everything, almost. So Alice is his savior, so you can't blame him to still look up to her, in many ways.

And Ayaka and Narumi will not officially go out together. Two reasons, in vol 5, she tried to push the responsibility of taking care of Alice to Narumi, claiming that they will eventually stay together anyway. The other reason being her loss of memories causing her to be wavering in her emotions, causing her to not take action I believe.
Well, the problem for official romantic relationship partly lies on Narumi side also. For people with broken family like him(at least he still got his sister though), being accepted is much more important than getting a girlfriend, and that's what he got from his merry friend of Detective groups(including Alice too.).

As for Ayaka, yes, she's been pushing for Narumi to be together with Alice, and the hint about her little attraction toward Narumi at the end of vol 3 is completely gone in later volume(really a shame). Alice on the other hand, has shown a little of tsundere jealousy at vol 7 when
Spoiler! :
the client in vol 7 deliberately send misleading letter to Narumi that looks as if he's the client's most important person when in fact he isn't
, although whether the tsundere is because she start to grow liking him as opposite gender or just don't want to lose him as someone that's the closest to her like a family remains to be debated because she also shows the same tsundere jealousy at vol 4 when Narumi spend his time too much on his part time job of helping Yondaime(although the jealousy in vol 7 seems a little bit stronger, maybe because the one she's jealous of in vol 7 is also more "dangerous" in taking Narumi away).
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
ShadowZeroHeart

Have yet to read Vol 7(Chinese official translation is not out), but yes, Alice seems to view Narumi as someone of the opposite gender, and Ayaka route seems buried, which is really sad. I would prefer at least Ayaka to show interest in Narumi, some at least, rather than pushing Alice to him. On the other hand, Alice's emotions to Narumi is probably due to Narumi is the only real NEET to actually visit and spend time with her daily. The other NEETs all have better things to do (Warfare practice and research, hitting on girls, gambling and fighting etc)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Isn't that the same theory as...wait a minute...

Does someone remember a theory similar to Oedipus complex? Something like falling in love with the other person because he/she is the only one?

It seems to be Alice's case...
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:Isn't that the same theory as...wait a minute...

Does someone remember a theory similar to Oedipus complex? Something like falling in love with the other person because he/she is the only one?

It seems to be Alice's case...
You are talking about the kidnappings? Some guy kidnaps a young girl and locks her up, but takes good care of her, so much so she develop feelings for the only opposite gender there is, the kidnapper?

In a sense, yes, you can consider it that way. Which is one reason I am highly not supportive of Alice X Narumi end. She was hardly even given a choice, unlike the other girls.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:In a sense, yes, you can consider it that way. Which is one reason I am highly not supportive of Alice X Narumi end. She was hardly even given a choice, unlike the other girls.
Are there a lot of girls in the following novels?
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

kira0802 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:In a sense, yes, you can consider it that way. Which is one reason I am highly not supportive of Alice X Narumi end. She was hardly even given a choice, unlike the other girls.
Are there a lot of girls in the following novels?
1 in Vol 2, which makes some occasional appearances.
2 in Vol 3, which almost no longer exists
1 in Vol 4, but that is not his girl, just surprised at the connections he has?
1/2 in Vol 5, but she/they got married, so they should not be considered
2 in Vol 6, but 1 got married while the other should not be appearing anymore? At least thats what I think.

P.S. For those who know more about the story, there is something I would like to clarify
Spoiler! :
In several volumes, it was mentioned that Narumi saved a T-shirt shop or something, creating a craze? However, I don't recall reading such a thing, did it happen somewhere that I forgot? Or perhaps it will appear later on?

In vol 4, when he was looking for connections, he mentioned that a certain clothes store owes him a favor.
In vol 5 baseball incident, when the lackey asked who Narumi is, the octopus guy mentioned him as the one who ruined his plans, together with the rumors turning into a craze.

Both the above seems to relate to the same incident, but I don't recall reading them in the novels so far...?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Yes, I also don't recall about the incident when I read about it in vol 4. Probably that's some job from Alice that's we don't get told about. And to add about the girl count, there's another 1 in vol 7,
Spoiler! :
might appear in future volume but there's no hint of serious attraction toward Narumi, although the new girl is quite the teaser :lol:
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
ShadowZeroHeart

Is that meant to be the spoiler tag? Anyways, please don't spoil me on my future volumes >"<
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Manga & Novel”