"DO NOT READ!" list.

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: "DO NOT READ!" list.

Post by Kinny Riddle »

b0mb3r wrote:
Rectifier wrote:As per why incest is wrong, putting a modern spin on it, it disallows variation in the genome of your offspring and creates an inherent weakness in your descendants genetics because they would all be equally susceptible to the same germs and viruses.

As an example: The British royal family was rife with incestual relationships to "keep the crown in the family," and now they're all hypochondriacs!

Also there's the moral issue of banging your own sister, which is really fucked up if you've ever had siblings. (no pun intended)
we all know why is biologically wrong but morally why?
I think back before civilization was even formed, the earliest humans had wanted to find a reason for everything that they can't yet explain, from how the world was formed (hence mythology) to primordial instincts like wanting to hump any female (in order to reproduce) but being naturally averse to committing incest (due to reasons cited above), as though genetically programmed not to.

Of course, then came civilization and screwed up a lot of mankind's natural instincts. A wild animal would have looked at us and thought, "Ugh, weird!"
chrnno
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chrnno »

We are not naturally averse to commiting incest but naturally averse to think in a sexual way of people we grew together with. I mean there a lot of cases that people started dating and later figured were brother and sister, at least I see it that way and I even remember reading about it...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Kimi no Iru Machi

Here I thought Suzuka and and Ichigo 100% were bad then BAM!

Seesh, I've read hentai that had better story (and characters) than this
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Oh, did it end? I lost interest halfway through Suzuka. I heard about his new one and read a couple chapters but the author is so boring.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

No, but it might as well be over since the guy is too stupid, even for shounen males, to take a damn hint -_-

And then the girl... don't even get me started on the girl :roll: :x
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ you mean
Spoiler! :
how she c-block his crush by causing unnecessary troubles, making him fall in love with her, only to move back to tokyo and suddenly giving him the fake rejection letter to date the "terminal" guy, causing him to move to tokyo and to miss out his harem/dating potentials like the crush, his childhood friend, the tokyo girl and the hot damn chief?
to sum it up.

baka baka baka
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Wow korean web manga are so awsome with Noblesse and Trace. With color too!

Noblesse is a extreamly funny gag /action vampire manga with good story telling :D

Trace kind of has hero's feel with switching to different characters. Its about people with superpowers called trace and monsters that appear called touble story is handled very well and its very mysterious. it has nice drama scene's mixed as well its a very good read.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

what i love about noblesse is the webcomic format. I feel like reading a scroll again and not looking at pages. that and Noblesse did what bakuman did with humor, making it serious and fun.

baka baka baka
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Why are you talking about it in the DO NOT READ thread?
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Probably jumped the NOT when reading...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

sorry >_<. The guy talked about noblesse and I felt complied to respond since I just finished a marathon of it.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

b0mb3r wrote:sorry >_<. The guy talked about noblesse and I felt complied to respond since I just finished a marathon of it.
Not you, you were just replying. He was the one who did it.
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

chrnno wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:sorry >_<. The guy talked about noblesse and I felt complied to respond since I just finished a marathon of it.
Not you, you were just replying. He was the one who did it.
lol... woops.. haha
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Alive: The Final Evolution

It starts out pretty well then does a continuous nose dive where plot holes are never explained and the ending pair makes you want to burn some kittens out of frustration :evil:
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I guess that means you have read everything?

Also while it's no great story I didn't find it bad enough to deserve a mention in this list but I do understand why you think so, I am simply not just as bothered as most people are by these kinds of things.

Return to “Manga & Novel”