Mahou Sensei Negima!

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

yajra03
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Mahou Sensei Negima!

Post by yajra03 »

is this a good manga?

" nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back "
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

yajra03 wrote:is this a good manga?
o_O. is this a good manga? this man actually question whether if THIS IS A GOOD MANGA?!!! IS A DAMN WELL GOOD MANGA!

Much better than most of the shonen crap put out there. yes the story seem to started out a harem situation where a 10 years boy goes to japan to teach English to thirty 14-years girls. After a certain arc the story just keep going higher and higher with each chapters. If you haven't start reading this I think personally I would ask you to wait....for another few years cause i think is gonna be done soon (by soon i meant years later). It is still within the top ten manga I've ever read, along with fullmetal alchemist.

baka baka baka
yajra03

Post by yajra03 »

actually im not familiar w/ this manga, but i love the previous manga of the author which is love hina.

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

yajra03 wrote:actually im not familiar w/ this manga, but i love the previous manga of the author which is love hina.
ken practically RE-define the harem genre. think about it. in every harem show out there they all have these different character archtypes, ken just perfected it and now people are trying to do the same.

baka baka baka
yajra03

Post by yajra03 »

really? maybe i should read this as well, but which is good hayate the combat butler or negima?

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

yajra03 wrote:really? maybe i should read this as well, but which is good hayate the combat butler or negima?
well you can't really compare. hayate does have a story but it has such a huge comedical presence backing it with ton of manga and anime reference for kicks and laugh. negima is like the current perfect amalgamation between comedy, ecchi, action, drama, character development and alot of she-bang. both are on par with one piece because they have a huge cast of character that they don't overshadow and many do get some shine-light.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Hayate is a gag manga. As a gag manga, it's funny and full of parodies.

Negima has epic fight scenes as FILLERS. Name me any other long running shounen manga that uses fight scenes as FILLERS
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ben1234 wrote:Hayate is a gag manga. As a gag manga, it's funny and full of parodies.

Negima has epic fight scenes as FILLERS. Name me any other long running shounen manga that uses fight scenes as FILLERS
um bleach?

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Bleach doesn't have fight scenes. They talk more than they stab each other and not die
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

So you don't like it because they try to develop a filler plot instead of just filling it with brainless action?

I'm not saying Bleach filler is good, but at least they try to write something interesting instead of doing a Michael Bay and making shit explode.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well, personally I didn't find Bleach fillers bad... for fillers. I mean just look at others like Naruto.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Well, isn't that the thing with Bleach--the fillers are better than the actual story arcs?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

No, they just stall too long during arcs because they're waiting for the manga to move forward more, call it dbz disease.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Negi should seriously make his tests and homework easier if he wants to keep his students from being his enemy >_>
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well, out of what, 40 students? Most of them become his partners and of the rest almost all like him. I think he is doing a good job...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'

Return to “Manga & Novel”