Translations of the Day.

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translations of the Day.

Post by Teh_ping »

February 27, 2013 — (Rising X Rydeen Volume 1, Prologue)
Spoiler! :
That girl was pretty, and she stood there in a dignified manner.

She had light blond hair, a stare that was full of vigor, a slender body shape and pure white transparent-like skin—it was a beauty that exceeded reality, distinctive and bright.

Is she a princess from some fairyland? She was a girl who created this kind of imagination, and her pure white cheeks—we dyed red because of the boy she was facing.

“…This.”

As the girl let out a bell-like sound from her mouth, she raised her right hand,

“YOU, IDIOT TAKARAAAAA!”

As she faced the boy, the hand that swung down—actually became electricity.

“ABABABABABABABABA!”

The boy who was called idiot Takara took this sudden electrical attack and fell down on his head—however, as he was rather tough, he immediately got up and approached the girl.

“What are you doing to this century’s stranger-sama, you electric Mikan!”

“Ah, it’s your fault! I’m not acting cool, and I’m not having any weird habit here! Don’t call me electric Mikan or anything!”

“Heh, I refuse. You’re acting cool in the first place…no, in fact, you’re electric Mikan.”

“…! Yo-you…YOU PSYCHOTIC IDIOT TAKARAAA!”

“Bfu, you’re electric Mikan after all…wait, hold on, ABABABABABA!”

“Haa, haa…fmm, it’s your fault in the first place, always acting like this, idiot!”

This time, the beautiful blond girl pointed at the boy who definitely could not stand up this time around, and then said this—decisive line.

“You’re just idiot Takara…what Century Stranger are you talking about? How can someone like you be someone amazing!? You, you weak power user!”

“…Naahhh!?”

Takara probably could not pretend not to hear these words as he stood up, letting out a weird roar.

“Damn you…you sure got guts facing this Century stranger-sama here, hah~…?”

“Uu…wh-what? Isn’t it your fault for always saying such idiotic words!?”

“Ah, excuse me…looks like it’s here, this…”

Takara stared over as he made a handgun sign with his right hand. The girl on the other side started to tremble.

“Wai…don’t tell me, you, stop it! I definitely won’t forgive you if you do this…!”

“Alright, that’s enough! You won’t be forgiven even if you apologize here!”

“Why must I apologize when it’s your fault in the first place, ho-hold on!?”

Takara’s fingers did not accept the argument from the other side as he had already gathered his ‘power’.

“Release…my ‘SUPERPOWER’—!”

“No…NOOOOOOOO!!”

The boy who called himself the Century’s Stranger let out a roar as he released his ‘superpower’…
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

February 28, 2013 — (Baka Test v10.5 Me and the Future and Summoned Beasts). Given how taxing Unicorn is, I have to use this slot for Baka Test until April 1st...
Spoiler! :
Yuuji looked over at Muttsurini and me as he said this.

“Speaking of which, don’t you have any interests, Sakamoto-kun?”

“Un? I see, as for me.”

“…Like this.”

We receive the paper that was handed over, and start to read.

'''“First wish: groom. Second wish: husband. Third wish: loving couple. Fourth wish: Newly weds. Fifth wish: Kirishima Yuuji. Sixth wish: Belongs to Shouko forever. Etc.”'''

“What about that, Sakamoto? Didn’t you decide on your career path already?”

“Really there. Why are you saying that you’re envious of others?”

“…I really envy you.”

“ARE YOU ALL SERIOUS HERE!?”

Yuuji’s career aspiration questionnaire was already filled up by Kirishima-san neatly without us knowing. She’s really a nice girl who pays attention to details.

“Ah, Shouko-chan, you’re here.”

“…Un.”

Kirishima-san appeared without warning, and we completely accepted that. To me, this is a common part of my daily life, so there’s nothing strange about that at all.

“What are you doing here, Shouko?”

Yuuji continued to keep his guard as he asked unhappily.

Kirishima-san did not care about Yuuji’s attitude as she said adamantly,

“…To check on my career progress.”

It’s really amazing that she can say that while holding Yuuji’s career aspiration questionnaire.

“Seriously, you’ve been quick at this kind of things ever since the past…!”

“…Because it is something important.”

As we stare at them, Minami suddenly narrows her eyes.

“Hm…I see. So Sakamoto’s not worrying about ‘what to choose for the career path’, but ‘how to keep it a secret’, huh?”

“Ah, so that’s why Sakamoto-kun is troubled over ‘how to write this’.”

Speaking of which, he has been worrying about ‘what schools he will write’, but ‘what to write’. So that’s why.”

“What? So you’ve been worrying about that kind of thing, Yuuji?”

“Shut up. I’m worrying about my future too.”

“…It’s useless. Mother-in-law will inform everyone about it.”

“You even thought about a countermeasure for that!?”

It’s impossible for Yuuji to hide his career progression from his parents and Kirishima-san, but he’s still trying his best to think for his own freedom in life.

“Anyway, I can’t possibly tell you my career path, so just give up and go back.”

Yuuji said this coldly, and Kirishima-san looked really sad as she leaned over to him.

“…Yuuji, why must you say such hurting things to me…? …Do you hate being with me in the same school.?”

Kirishima-san asked with a quiet tone. Anyone who doesn’t have a blackened iron heart will definitely be touched by these words.

In response to Kirishima-san’s question, Yuuji answers with a serious tone,

“No, Shouko, I want you to have your own freedom to choose. You’re going to miss out on what you really want if you keep getting restrained by me, and there’s nothing worse than that.”

I better note and remember how he changed his face to resemble that of a soy bean here.

“…But I want to put you first and foremost in my thoughts, Yuuji. That’s the happiest thing for me.”

“No way, I want you to look for your own happiness.”

“…No, Yuuji, I hope you don’t mind about me when you choose your own path.”

Even though it looks like they’re saying that they’re thinking for each other’s sake on the surface, there shouldn’t be this kind of selfishness both sides are showing for their own sakes.

Well, let’s leave aside Yuuji. I have my own career path to settle.

“U—n…how troubling…”

Just thinking about it alone really makes me want to sigh.

KARAK. At this moment, the F class homeroom teacher Ironman opened the door as he walked into the classroom.

“What, you’re still here? If you have nothing to do, hurry up and go back.”

Ironman looked in through the classroom windows, and it seems like he’s checking if the doors and windows are closed properly.

“Sorry, Nishimura-sensei. Everyone’s still asking about their career aspirations.”

Himeji-san said as she lowered her head.

“Oh, the career aspirations.”

Ironman muses as he looks at me, Yuuji and Muttsurini in turn.

“It’ll be great if it can be solved within this century…”

Why is this teacher so rude?

“Well, I won’t make any jokes now. How about you come over to the career counseling room if you’re out of ideas?”

“““…???”””

“Oi, why are you all giving such surprised looks?”

Go to the career counseling room to talk about career aspirations…?

“Ah, I see, so that room is used for that purpose.”

“I never thought you could give career counseling indirectly by interrogation and remedials…”

“…That’s an unexpected use.”

“What did you think of after hearing that room’s name?”

No. The reason why we thought of it this way is because of the remedial you usually give.

“Erm, Nishimura-sensei, what will the career talk touch on?”

“Well, I’ll give you detailed suggestions on the aspirations you raise, like for example, if you want to be a doctor, I’ll introduce a few schools based on the student’s academic ability and the courses the student need to study.”

Ironman said what the main use of the career counseling room was, at least.

He then looks away from Himeji-san and the rest to stare at us and ask,

“And so, have you at least gotten an idea of what you wish for?”

“I do, but I’m unwilling to say it.”

“…Nu—cameraman.”

“Anything other than a forest.”

“Alright, everyone, line up and clench your teeth.”

Why is he being so angry? We’re all serious here.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

March 1, 2013 — (Baka Test v10.5 Me and Yuuji and the Dangerous Black Magic,
Spoiler! :
“Don’t feel so disappointed there, Akihisa. This kind of thing does happen once in a while.”

“Uu…it was hard to raise funds to buy this while hiding it from nee-san…”

Anyway, I switched off the game console first. I never thought that ‘De Golf game for everyone’ was a ‘Death golf game for everyone’…I should have had some suspicions when I saw the label on it that said ‘A brand new golf game where Knockout is the objective!’ in the first place…

“Isn’t it your own freedom to secretly save up money and spend it on games to satisfy yourself?”

“If only I can get grades that are as good as others.”

“Looks like you’ll be buying them secretly in the future for the rest of your life.”

“Isn’t that too much of an exaggeration…haa…”

I let out a sigh and landed on the sofa. As I landed, something hard was pressed on my back as I heard a thud.

“Hm? What’s this?”

I stand up from the sofa and pick that thing up with my hands. It looks like it’s a bag with a book inside, so I look inside the bag to see what kind of book is inside.

“Ah, my bad. It’s mine.”

Yuuji says as he sits own on the carpet. I see, so it belongs to Yuuji.

“What kind of book did you buy?”

“Ah, it’s not mine. I confiscated it from Shouko.”

“Confiscated?”

“She was acting rather suspiciously in the morning. I felt that my life was in danger, so I confiscated it.”

“Isn’t it an exaggeration to say that your life is in danger ?”

I say that as I look inside the bag.

'''“Make it happen. Real Black Magic.”'''

It sure does feel a little horrifying, a step up compared to the beginner course we saw before.

“…What in the world is Kirishima-san planning to do with this…”

“…I don’t know. I’m too scared to ask.”

I flip through the pages tentatively and with fear. As I continued to flip through them, I see what looks like a slip tucked between the pages.

“Is this a bookmark?”

“Oh, really? I suppose we’ll be able to tell what Shouko’s planning from this page.”

Yuuji picked up the bookmark on the page as I pried the book open.

The bright colored patterned bookmark that was removed had words all over it. let me see what’s written on it…
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Translations of the Day. StB

Post by KuroiHikari »

Spoiler! :
==Chapter 1: Demon Sanctuary==

Intense sunlight blasted down from the west skies dyed in madder red.

“Hot…I’m getting roasted, getting burned… I’m turning into ashes…”

He was at a family restaurant in the afternoon. Akatsuki Kojou fell face-down and died tired onto a table next to the window and muttered weakly.

He was a senior high school student in his uniform. Disregarding the white parka he wore, there wasn’t really anything peculiar about him, he was like a male student found anywhere. Due to the listless expression on his rather good-looking face and his sleepily narrowed eyes, there was somewhat of a sulky mood in the air.

It was the last Monday of August. The skies were clear. The temperature outside had long gone beyond a person’s body temperature, and despite that it was almost time for the sunset, there was absolutely no sign of the temperate going down. Even with the air-conditioner working at full strength, it seemed to be insufficient for cold air to reach all the way to Kojou’s seat inside the restaurant.

While being basked the murderous quantity of UV-rays piercing through the thin, flimsy blind, Kojou was listlessly glaring at the questionnaire laid on the table.

“What’s the time now?”

What leaked out from Kojou’s lips was a soliloquy-like murmur. One of his friends sitting at the seat in front replied with a tone holding laughter back.

“It’s almost 4. Just 3 minutes and 22 seconds to go.”

“…Woah, it’s already this late. Tomorrow’s supplementary paper starts at 9 in the morning, if I remember right.”

“If you don’t sleep tonight, you still have 17 hours and 3 minutes left. Is that enough?”

The other person sitting at the same table asked with a not-his-problem, carefree tone. Kojou kept silent. He gazed at the pile of textbooks expressionlessly for a while.

“Hey…It’s been bothering me a little since that time, but…”

“Hn?”

“Why must I receive such a large number of supplementary papers?”

Hearing Kojou’s murmur to himself, his two friends lifted their heads.

Kojou was ordered to take in total of 9 supplementary papers including the 2 subjects on English and Mathematics. In addition, he had the half-marathon for his gym practical. There were few humans that had to suffer such things in the last three days of the summer vacation.

“—Hey, isn’t the scope of the topics to these supplementary papers too wide? We haven’t even covered these in the lesson. To make matters worse, what’s with having seven-day-week supplementary lesson? Do our teachers have a grudge against me or something?!!”

Hearing the youth’s bitter outcry, his friends exchanged glances mutually. There were one male and one female, both wearing the same school uniform. Thoughts of astonishment on why he was saying these now were held in their expressions.

“Err… That’s because they do have a grudge.”

The one, who answered while spinning a mechanical pencil, was a male student with standing pointed short hair and a pair of headphones on his head. Yuze Motoki was his name.

“It’s because you calmly skipped lessons that much day after day. They would think that you’re making fun of them… normally… Making things worse, you even skipped the test before the summer vacation, right?”

While elegantly grooming her nails, Aiba Asagi said with a smile.

She had a glamorous hairdo and a uniform gaudily decorated to the very limit of the school rules. Whether she had good taste or not, she strangely did not have a gaudy image. In any case, she was a girl with an eye-catching appearance.

If he had to say it directly, she was an undisputed beauty, but probably because of her usual grin, she didn’t have sex appeal. It was probably also because of that that he felt a sense of relaxedness like being together with male friends.

“…I’ve been saying that that’s something I can’t help with. I had various circumstances. To begin with, I’ve said that the very first test in the morning is tough for me with my current constitution many times, and despite that that homeroom teacher…”

Kojou explained with an irritated tone. The reason his eyes slightly turned bloodshot was not because of anger, but simply because of the lack of sleep.

“What do you mean by constitution? Kojou, do you have hay fever or something?”

Asagi asked in curiosity. Kojou noticed he made a slip of the tongue, and distorted his lips,

“Ahh, that’s not it. I meant something like I’m a nocturnal person, and that I’m not good at waking up early.”

“What do you mean by a problem of the constitution? You’re not even a vampire.”

“You’re right… Haha.”

<!--33-->
Kojou turned evasive with a stiff smile. Vampires were not unusual beings in this city. They were as uncommon as hay fever patients, and in fact on the contrary, that was a problem to Kojou’s current state.

“However, I like Natsuki-chan. She’s a good teacher, isn’t she? She’ll let you clear the days you missed with supplementary lesson, right?”

While Asagi sipped up her juice with a slurping sound, she said that. “I guess”, Kojou went, agreeing with her.

“Besides, I also think that you’re miserable, so that’s why I’m here teaching you to study like this.”

“After getting as much as you please on food and drinks with someone else’s money, you ought to not say it like that like you are doing me a favor.”

Kojou gazed at the plates of food piled up in front of Asagi with reproachful eyes. He didn’t know where they went into that slender body of hers, but Asagi was a big eater to the point that it was absurd. He regretted that he had forgotten that when he said that he’d treat her for teaching him.

“For your info, what covered the cost for Asagi’s meal is with the money I loaned you, you know. You better pay me back, Kojou.”

Yuze pointed that out with a calm voice. Despite being a rich man’s son, he was strangely particular about things like this.

“I got it, damn it… Are you guys even warm-blooded people?”

“No no, the one thinking of shirking payment after borrowing money is, no matter how I think about it, the scoundrel, right… And, you know, it’s a prejudice to say one’s blood is warm or cold. You should watch your words.”

Yuze made a sarcastic laugh and said, “at least on this island.”

“What a troublesome society… They themselves don’t particularly mind.”

<!--34-->
Murmuring “at least, I don’t mind” within his mouth, Kojou made a careless sigh.

“Ahh… what, it’s already this late? Well then, I’ve to go. It’s my part time job.”

Viewing her cellphone, Asagi drank up her remaining juice in one breath and stood up. Kojou raised his eyes at her like that,

“Part time job? Is that the Gigafloat mangament corporation’s…”

“Yea, it’s the one on the maintenance control of the security department’s computers. The pay’s good.”

Asagi showed up gestures like she was typing on a keyboard in the air, then, she said her farewell and waved her hand before leaving the store. She had said that with a carefree tone as though she was going to work on a cash register of a supermarket, however, the security department of the management corporation wasn’t a place that ordinary people could simply go in and out.

“I’ve always been thinking about it, but it’s just foul play that she’s a genius programmer with that appearance and character of hers. I still can’t believe it now… If I’m not wrong, her results were better than mine by a wide margin since the time we were kids.”

Seeing off Asagi from behind, Yuze slovenly rested his chin on his hand.

Yuze and Asagi were old acquaintances from the time before they became elementary students. Having been living on this island since more than 10 years ago, the two of them became the people, who had stayed in Itogami City the longest, among Kojou’s generation. It was a city built on top of this artificial island, and twenty years had not even passed since it was completed.

“As long as I can get help for the cramming for the exams, I’ll do anything.”

Without lifting his head, Kojou said that. Yuze observed Kojou in such a manner while he feigned a nonchalant tone,

<!--35-->
“Come to think of it, it’s rather surprising for Asagi to be teaching someone. She dislikes things like that.”

“Dislikes? Why?”

“She dislikes appearing to be smart or like someone that studies a lot. Despites her looks, even she had quite some troubles when she was a kid.”

“Eh…I didn’t know that.”

While Kojou agonized over the complicated factorization question, he said that with a blunt tone.

It was 4 years ago when Kojou moved to Itogami City. It was the moment immediately after he entered middle school. He got to know Yuze and Asagi soon after that, and thereafter, they would hang out once in a while. He no longer remembered the encounter, but he had some recollection that the one, who greeted him first, was Asagi.

“Although, she was willing to teach me without a word of complain. This time, she even let me copied a good amount of her homework.”

“Hohoo. That’s strange. Why is only Kojou so special? Isn’t this a cause for concern?”

While Yuze tilted his head in an exaggerated manner, he muttered unnaturally.

However, Kojou shook his head, going, “No no, it’s nothing like that.”

“After all, she’ll demand a reward without fail. She made me do things like treating her to meals, doing her day shifts and cleaning shifts that she pushed to me. I too had gone through much hardship.”

“I-I see.”

<!--36-->
Yuze shrugged his shoulders in disappointment, and covered his eyes as if saying “those two are hopeless.” Kojou sluggishly raised his head in response to that questionable behavior of his friend,

“What’s the matter?”

“No, it’s nothing. Well then, it’s about time for me to go home too.”

“Ah?”

“That’s not it. I’ve even finished copying the homework, and Asagi isn’t here, so there’s no point even to study in such a place. After all, my supplementary exam only consists of 1 subject, so I’ll manage somehow making use of the whole night. Well, you ought to work as hard as you can.”

“See ya!” his friend collected his things and stood up. Kojou looked up at him with a blank, idiotic face.

It seemed like Yuze slipped into the turmoil and had shrewdly finished copying for his own homework.

On the other hand, most of Kojou’s share of homework was left completely untouched. Due to preparing for the supplementary papers, it wasn’t much and it was as expected. However, having been already at the tipping point, the overwhelming difference Kojou was shown to was sufficient to break his heart.

“I’ve lost my motivation…”

Being left behind alone in the family restaurant, Kojou fell facedown onto the table again.

Now that he thought of it, he had also gotten hungry. However, the current state of Kojou’s wallet did not even have the luxury of adding on another order of food. He was also slowly reaching the limit of deceiving his empty stomach with the self-service carbonated water.

<!--37-->
Speaking of vampires, he had the image that they only had to drink wine, tomato juice and alike, but the truth was that they got hungry normally and also ate food. That was to say that he felt like he was tricked for some reason. For the time being, he was thankful that he was only sleepy during the day and that he was able to perform normally.

Kojou absently gazed at the still-pure-white questionnaire.

Suddenly, he recalled about things he heard during some lesson. Among various evolved living things, the one with the highest survival potential was the species that had best adapted to its living environment, therefore, the ones that were surviving presently were the offspring of those best adapted beings—or so, the theory was.

It was a theory that was called the survival of the fittest or natural selection.

He somehow thought that it was good that it was simple, but it was indeed a well-known topic.

On the contrary, if he was to put it to words, creatures that had been naturally-unselected were species that couldn’t adapt to the environment.

In the distant ancient past, as there were the heroes that obtained god-like powers and super-beings, the species that held strange powers like theirs didn’t survived. That fact was also adequately explained by the same theory.

They could not adapt to their surrounding environment.

Akatsuki Kojou understood that well.

No matter how strong his power was, or that he had a sturdy body, or that he was called the world’s strongest vampire, those powers were useless in the modern world.

They couldn’t even help him finish one thin questionnaire that covered the scope of topics for the supplementary papers.

<!--38-->
“I guess I shall go back too… Hopefully, Nagisa didn’t forget to prepare dinner.”

Kojou muttered that, then, he tossed his textbooks and questionnaires into his bag, grabbed the bill and stood up.

Upon finishing calculating the cost at the cash register, there was only small change left in his wallet that always felt deplorable. In its current state, it would result in him not having enough for lunch from tomorrow onwards.

While seriously thinking on what excuses he should use in order to get his sister to lend him money, Kojou went towards the exit of the restaurant. Then, he suddenly stopped and squinted at the glaring evening sun.

Before the family restaurant. On the other side of the intersection.

There was a figure of a girl in the backlight.

It was a girl in uniform carrying a black guitar case on her shoulder.

She had her back to the sun and was standing there without a word.

She was standing there without even a single movement as though she was waiting for Kojou.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

March 4, 2013 — (Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro…… Volume 1, Chapter 1)
Spoiler! :
There seemed to be someone standing in the shadow of a pillar in front of him.

The person was simply standing there, and looked like he was simply leaning on the pillar. He was wearing a blazer and slacks—is he a guy?

The morning sunlight that shone into the atrium lit this soft hair, seemingly radiating off a golden glow.

Why was such a person standing at this place so early in the morning?

Anyway, he got saved.

He wanted to approach the other person to ask where the office was, but the person turned his face over here.

(Huh…a girl?)

The boy had an overly delicate looking face, and Koremitsu immediately felt confused, wondering why a girl would be wearing a boy’s uniform

(No, that’s a guy…right?)

The person narrowed his clear eyes, and gave a smile on his very earnest looking face. His nice looking lips then started to move.

“Mr Akagi.”

He let out a sweet voice.

It felt like this voice itself had a fragrance to it, and it reached the ears softly and gently, spreading deep inside the ears. At this moment, Koremitsu stopped in his tracks.

“You’re the first year Mr Akagi Koremitsu. This is the first time you’re stepping into the school, right?”

“…How do you know my name?”

As Koremitsu remained wary, Hikaru spoke with a clear tone,

“Any unbelievable freshmen would become the talk around here. It’s said that you fought against a yankee army, beat 10 opponents to near death, became the 27th gang leader and the legendary king of the yankees. It’s also said that the injuries on you were marks of honor from battle, right?”

There was no one who dared to approach Koremitsu and talk, let alone someone who did not fear him, facing him head on and showing a refreshing smile.

That was why Koremitsu felt somewhat puzzled instead of being outraged over being called a gang leader.

For some reason, he could really talk with someone who was called a gang leader so nonchalantly…

For someone who looked like a girl, he sure has guts, huh? Or is he just slow? Or is he planning something?

He told Hikaru the truth, that his delinquent-like face was something he was born with, that the injuries were a result of him being knocked down by a truck, that there were really no gang leaders around, and that he was not a delinquent.

“Then, why did you block the truck with your body?”

But the boy suddenly raised this remark.

“…A coincidence.”

“That’s some amazing coincidence.”

“It can’t be helped. It was just that coincidental.”

“Hmm, but I don’t think a truck is something you can knock into coincidentally.”

“…”

He really did not want to mention this incident.

To Koremitsu, who was not used to having others talk to him, the way this boy spoke to him so naturally caused him to feel butterflies in his stomach.

The manner in which the boy looked back at him was like he was staring at such rare animal, and it felt repulsive.

“…Where’s the staff room.”

Koremitsu suddenly spoke up to interrupt this topic, but the other person did not seem to mind,

“Head straight down, and at the end, turn left, go up the stairs, and onto the second level.”

And he even guided Koremitsu.

“Oh, I see.”

The sound of the pine crutch rang again, and as they were to pass by each other, Koremitsu got called up again.

“Mr Akagi, I forgot my Classics textbook today. Can you please lend me yours?”

Huh?

Koremitsu stopped thinking for a moment.

''Why ask me to lend a textbook out of a sudden?''

Koremitsu turned around, and saw the other person staring right at him with his clear eyes.

“…Our class doesn’t have Classics today.”

He answered as he tried to guess the other person’s intention.

“Eh, that’s too bad.”

He mused as he gave a meaningful smile,

“Then, I’ll come over to your class to borrow your textbook then, Mr Akagi. There’s something I want to ask of you then.”

''Something you want to ask of me? What is it?''

It escalated from a simple textbook borrowing request to a personal favor request, and this suspicious change caused him to frown.

“I’m Mikado Hikaru of Class 1. See you next time.”

He waved his arm greatly and walked off to the courtyard.

The dazzling smiling face that looked like it was dazzling with sunlight as it was etched deeply into Koremitsu’s mind.

“Kyah! Your Hikaru!” “Good morning, Master Hikaru!” the girls screams could be heard from the other side of the forest.

Koremitsu could only look stunned as he listened to the screams that were fading away.

That was one week ago.

A week later.

Koremitsu, who had his cast and crutch removed, saw the girls crying and wailing as he entered school, and heard the news that “Your Hikaru had died.”
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

March 5, 2013 — (Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Volume 1, Chapter 1)
Spoiler! :
By the time I recalled about my grandmother’s books, it was more than a year after the funeral—during the midsummer of August 2010. Having graduated from university, I continued to stay at my house in Ōfuna, and as I finally managed to get out of bed at noon, I heard my mother yelling for me outside the house.

“Come down here, jobless-suke.”

I felt puzzled as to why my mother, who would normally be working at the company at this time, was in the house. I then remembered that it is Sunday, and honestly, I cannot seem to determine when its Sunday ever since I graduated.

I yawn as I walk out of the room, and see that the door at the end of the corridor is opened. It seems that mom is in grandmother’s Japanese-styled room.

“Ow.”

My forehead hit the door frame hard as I was about to enter. The beam then let out a creaking sound.

“What are you doing, Jobless-suke. Stop wrecking the house.”

Mom grumbled as she stood in the middle of the room. Her head was nearly hitting the lampshade of the fluorescent light, and though she is not as tall as me, she is still rather tall.

“The doorframe here is really low.”

I press my head as I argue back. I did mention before that due to the many expansions in the house, the layout of the rooms everywhere has become a little weird. Though
it looks like it is lower by a mere few centimeters, this slight difference is still noticeable.

“You’re still not awake yet. Nobody else has knocked into that before.”

I don’t think so. There is black duct tape fastened to the door frame, and it was there before I was wise enough. Someone definitely knocked into it before, and it is really depressing to think that I’m the only one who had been careless.

“I’m now clearing up the stuff your grandmother left behind…”

She spoke halfway, and then paused, seemingly sighing.

“…Ah seriously, it’s troublesome to have two tall people inside here. Come sit down.”

I was prompted to sit down cross-legged as I faced mom, who was sitting in a Seiza. She has a wide chin, long narrow eyes, and would say such cruel words with a calm unflinching face. Height aside, she is basically a chip off the old block when compared to my grandmother. Mom has two older sisters—my aunts, and she resembles my grandmother most amongst the three sisters.

However, she does not seem like she is happy with inheriting such aspects from her mother, and she is probably fuming because they looked identical. I have never seen mom talk with grandmother calmly for more than 5 minutes, and she probably went out to work instead of taking over “Goura Eatery” because she wanted to avoid meeting each other too much.

“The one year anniversary of your grandmother’s death has passed. I’m wondering if I should pack things up.”
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Lost in translation? ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

TP was on a trip, if I'm not wrong.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Doing up one later. I don't think the majority will know this series I'm doing next. (Okay, technically, it's a one volume series)

March 20, 2013 — (Short stories, Boy meets girl in 3 minutes, 3 min 30cm)

After AFD, I'll be away on study break until 21st May 2013.
Spoiler! :
Haa.

Why did everything end up like this?

During lunch break, I was chatting away with my friends as I ate. It was my daily habit to listen to music and chill out before class started.

Or rather, it was a daily ritual for me before afternoon classes every day to me.

But this ritual was ruined by that person.

What was that “Is that Winter Flappe’s new song?” about?

And what would that person do if I answered no?

She even continued to ask me, “May I listen to it?”

I was an idiot for Okaying it.

The greatest mistake I made was to hand over my earphones.

At that time, I should have just handed over my portable player over to her as well. She would have sat down at her seat in that case, and I could have taken a nice nap quietly.

I did not understand her very well.

We were in the same class, but we hardly talked with each other. All I know was her name and her club activity. Coincidentally, she was in the same club as me, so we would often meet at the bicycle park after school.

The only activity in our club was to say farewell before we returned home, and we might not just meet each other once every month—anyway, that was the kind of relationship we had. We hardly had any interaction.

I never heard of any good rumors, nor did I hear any bad rumors about her.

However, I suppose she was a kind person.

That was because, when she first talked to me, she would show a slightly troubled expression. She would also refuse politely when I handed my earphone to her. She was aware that she was doing something inconsiderate as I was listening to a song.

Even so, she could not just ask me “Please just give me one.”

She sat down on the chair beside me, took the earphone I handed over, and stuffed it in her right year.

Her arm that was poking out from the summer uniform touched my elbow. The cooling and soft feeling caused my eyes to be naturally attracted to her arm.

—Why did I not reject her?

At this point, I cannot say no. I continue to keep the earphone in my earphone as I pressed the replay button.

It is a short song that started with the singer making a low cappella.

I look at the information of the track, and it is exactly 3 minutes.

She is looking forward to this new song from Winter Frappe.

I thought this was a mini-band. My friends knew the name of this band, and they often appear on music magazines. However, I was the only one who could be considered a fan of their works.

I look at her as she sat beside me.

She glance aside, and her hair is giving off a light fragrance.

—Is she one of their fans too?

Definitely.

If not, why would she react to a weak sound leaked out from the earphone of a male classmate she normally would not talk to?

However, I would not talk to anyone if it were me.

If I hear someone play a similar song in the earphones, I would hurriedly leave and head home to check.

She however did not do so as she immediately went for my earphones, so I suppose she was a rather passionate.

I cannot help but feel happy about it.

To be honest, there were quite a few bands that were better than Winter Frappe. Their lyrics were somewhat immature, and their tunes felt stiff at times.

However, I like this kind of immaturity.

To put it, they are a band that would exemplify the word ‘youth’ when they are on stage.

The manga-like refreshing feeling however felt very delightful.

It feeltslike the members of the Winter Frappe were still in a fictional school, studying, even though they became adults.

See? The lyrics that were full of youthful melodies symbolized the band.

“…Fufu.”

—Damn it, she is laughing in the same way too!

It seems that my thoughts were seen through, and I cannot help but lower my head.

It had been 30 seconds since I looked at the player.

Oi, hold on. Do I have to hold on in this position for another 2 minutes and 30 seconds?

I lifted my head and looked around the classroom.

Nobody was looking at us. Everyone was seated at their own places. Some were playing Monopoly, some were surfing the net on the phone, 4 people were playing games, and some were biting on snacks and laughing about.

I however hope to be a laughing stock.

If that happens, I will be able to hide my own embarrassment and get away from her.

—Can’t it just end faster?

I did not hate her.

And I did not hate to let her hear.

That was not—

Ah, never mind. How shall I express my feelings now?

Speaking of which, does she not hate to listen to this song with someone like me…?

“…”

She closes her eyes.

She sways her body together with the rhythm.

I can tell from her expression.

She really likes this band.

At this point, I do not listen to many songs. However, I had been replaying the same song over and over again ever since it was sold two days ago.

Speaking of which, she knows the song I am playing in my earphones, yet she did not check the sales date?

She should be able to find out if she went to the internet to search. The Winter Frappe’s official blog updates every week, right?

She cannot access the net…probably not. She was still playing around with the phone.

However, it has been two years since they last released a new song, and it is reasonable for her to forget. During this time, they had only one band. Even when they appeared on television, they were just part of a recommendation on a local rock band.

Did she go to their live-concert?

On a side note, I never went for that concert. There is a live-concert that was happening in a very large hall, and they would be selling tickets soon. I am wondering what to do.

If I ask about the concert, she will probably tell me about many things related to it.

But if we go together…

Wait, what am I thinking!?

I am not planning for a date! I just want to go to a concert!

However, if she is beside me—I will probably enjoy myself.

Once the refrain ended, there was a short guitar riff.

1 minute and 30 seconds. We are midway through the song.

Speaking of which, it is really hot today…even though we just entered the month of June.

—It is because she is beside me.

I understand very well that my body temperature is rising.

I would often smell the shampooed hair of those long haired guys if it is just the smell of the shampoo used. However, the kind of smell the girls have is different.

It feels a little dizzy…but it can really calm my heart down.

I do not know whether it was because of this smell, but my heart would beat wildly for a while, and then steady itself later.

She is not a beauty, and she is not ugly.

However, her expression when she listens to this song is really—

AHHH, STOP THERE, ME!

Do not think.

I shook off the random thoughts and focused my attention on the music.

Soon, it would be the refrain again.

I touch my heart slightly to calm myself down. it was still beating loudly.

Currently, my heart is beating like a drum being bit.

I look away to avoid concerning myself with this.

As I look on the table—I suddenly saw her fingers.

The fingers that were tapping to the rhythm were long and pretty.

Did she study about some musical instrument?

My stare turned from her fingers to her white skin, and then, I look at her petite shoulders—

And finally, our eyes met.

“Eh!?”

I was overly shocked, and could not help but look away.

Speaking of which, why is she looking here too!?

I am really sorry for doing such suspicious actions! But is it not a crime to look at me with such an innocent look!?

In that case, it is my fault for glancing at her with indecent eyes now, is it?

Ahh, I messed up the rhythm of her fingers. I am really sorry.

I turn my head in the opposite direction, but I see her profile on the corridor’s glass windows.

The glass windows reflect the image of her using both hands to cover her face.

…What is with that kind of reaction?

Damn it, can it end sooner?

I do not have any negative feelings about having to replay the music.

I just want to be liberated as soon as possible.

My daily life is already messed up. It will definitely affect the afternoon lessons.

But this little episode will soon end.

There is a long interlude after the refrain. Ah, the keyboardist is really brilliant. That is really not a human skill.

I cautiously look aside to avoid meeting her in the eyes again, and I can see her smiling.

She is definitely thinking that this keyboardist is really amazing.

After this, the refrain will be sung again, and the entire song will be over.

The strange 3 minutes will end.

In that case, she will be heading back to her seat, and I can prepare for the next class.

Is this not good?

“…”

What shall I say when it is over?

Maybe I should talk about this band after all.

Other than me, no one else is a fan of Winter Frappé . Is she not a precious comrade-in-arm? Maybe, if I can continue talking, we might be able to find something new to talk about.

Ah, it is now the final refrain.

Just give me a little time.

I still want to say something.

Is this good? Is it really good to end without saying anything?

Is there not something to talk about? Like what we feel about this song?

However, I really cannot think of anything. I am an idiot.

At first, I thought that 3 minutes was too long. But right now, I find that it is too short.

Can I reverse time now? Damn it.

—……

The 3 minute song ended.

“Ahh…”

I feel that I should say something, and so, I open my mouth.

But before I could speak, she lowers her head first and says to me.

“Thank you for letting me hear this song.”

“Oh, I see.”

Of course. Thanking first is a basic in conversations.

Then, what shall I reply?

Oi, pull yourself together, me!

There should be things to talk about, like ‘this song is good’, or ‘you really like this band’.

The 3 minutes of thinking time has ended!

I encouraged myself in my heart.

“Th-then…”

And then, she took the initiative again.

“…I-is there something?”

“Can you please let me hear it again?”

Eh?

“That’s because—I didn’t listen to that song properly as my heart was beating loudly…”

—Looks like I still need some time to think again.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

March 21, 2013 — (Kamisama no Memochou, volume 6, Chapter 1)
Spoiler! :
The protagonist of the story I am going to say next was a man who really amazed me.

To be honest, I am not too familiar with this man, and I never met him and talked with him. Moreover, the little information about him was all rumors. The most ridiculous thing is that he practically never appeared in this story. Even so, this is still a story that belongs to him.

His nickname was the “Bear Punch” (Bare Knuckles), and it was said that he earned this ridiculous nickname because he once beat a bear to death with his bare hands. However, that was what everyone called him as, no matter whether he was in Afghanistan, Yugoslavia or Congo. Perhaps that is because Japanese names are harder to pronounce?

He used to be a mercenary that went through many countries, but retired once when he was in his thirties, the age of his physical prime. That was because, when he returned to his hometown of Japan, he met a woman, and fell in love.

Nobody granted their blessings for this romance, but they still conceived a girl. He could not engage in illegal acts while raising a child, so he decided to wash away the stench of cigarettes and the stains of blood as he settled down in Tokyo.

Nobody knew why they chose to run a ramen store. Perhaps there might be some sort of significance to it. The history of Japanese ramen was that it inherited the essence of Chinese ramen, came over from the mainland, from the seas, but the soup absorbed the food cultures from all kinds of different countries, and finally became an authentic Japanese cuisine. Unexpectedly, this matched the background of the daughter both of them had.

However, after his wife died earlier, he abandoned his daughter and the ramen shop on a certain day and went back to the battlefield as the “Bear Punch” again. The only proof of him staying in this peaceful country, running a ramen shop, was the shutters of the shop.

His actual name was Hanada Masaru.

It was said that when he thought of using his own name as the shop’s name, his wife complain that it was too ‘primitive’, and got rid of the ‘da’ and ‘sa’. (TN: Primitive = Dasai, ダサい).

—“Ramen Hanamaru”

The story of Hanada Masaru began and ended here, at this shop with that name.
Note the updated schedule on the first page. I've changed it such that I will do teasers on certain days and BT fillers on others.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Looks fun. I tried one as well. It was only two pages though.

Muvluv alternative total eclipse volume 1 prologue
Spoiler! :
In the year 1958, not only did the several life-forms found on the surface of Mars by the unmanned machine shocked the scientists, but it also gave hope to the ones employing them.

Space isn’t just a dead wasteland, and the living organisms of Earth aren’t necessary alone. Majority of the people who knew about that existence grasped hold of a religious affection towards them of also being the creation of God, and a feeling of being similar towards the life-force of Mars. So they were investigating Mars with enthusiasm. Few years later, humanity who were filled with hope understood. A simple reality that humanity are also an existence that are part of the life cycle.

In the year 1967, the first contact with them resulted in a nightmare. The life-form from Mars that suddenly appeared in the moon, killed and ate every single people from the geological investigation team. From there, they spread their territory as they liked, and they continued to take down the humanity who could only fight back with small weapons.

The life-form from another planet that showed hostility towards humanity. Those life-form that were given the name BETA(Beings of the Extra Terrestrial origin which is Adversary of human race) by the UN didn’t even flinch in environmental changes of Mars and the moon due to their touch life force and body, and by the year 1973, they had basically conquered the whole moon. –And finally they descended down to Earth; the central continent of Eurasia, and the Xinjiang-Uygur Autonomous Region.

China which was invaded head on declined the reinforcement from the UN due to the battle played in their favour. But when their aircrafts and ships were completely nullified due to the new type of the BETA which can projectile powerful lasers. The front lines were disrupted because they weren’t able to withstand the numbers of the BETAs, the central part of Asia was conquered by the BETA immediately. The following year, they used that lesson when North America was being invaded, and they attacked them consecutively with nuclear weapons soon as the land units landed on the soil. Even though they barely stopped being invaded by them, the price they had to pay for it was great, and it turned 50% of the soil of Canada into a dead wasteland.

Humanity that was cornered… In the twenty years battle after that takes place, humanity has lost 95% of Eurasia. But they have developed and dispatched an anti-Beta weapon, Tactical Surface Fighter (TSF), which would replace the aircrafts and ships as the humanity’s main weapons. –And also with the result from the research of BETAs, the secret project “Alternative Project”, humanity succeeds in stalling the BETAs invasion.

In the year 1998, the headquarter of the UN army decided on a basic strategy of keeping in the BETAs in Eurasia from the defence line in Japan, Philippine, Africa, England, and other various countries. Later that year, within the fence of the defence line, humanity started “operation morning star” to retrieve the Kanagawa prefecture which is in the west part of Honshu and currently conquered by the BETAs. Thanks to the two new bombs created by the USA, humanity was able to fulfil their first ever retrieval of taking back their lands in the war against BETA, and humanity succeeded in conquering the enemy base located in the frontline called Hive 22, which is also called Yokahama hive.

And in the current year 2000, the approximate population if humanity is 1 billion. The population of Japan is 7,400,000.

Humanity was placed in the position of near extinction, and they continued their war of attrition which was a nightmare.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Code-Zero wrote:Looks fun. I tried one as well. It was only two pages though.

Muvluv alternative total eclipse volume 1 prologue
Spoiler! :
In the year 1958, not only did the several life-forms found on the surface of Mars by the unmanned machine shocked the scientists, but it also gave hope to the ones employing them.

Space isn’t just a dead wasteland, and the living organisms of Earth aren’t necessary alone. Majority of the people who knew about that existence grasped hold of a religious affection towards them of also being the creation of God, and a feeling of being similar towards the life-force of Mars. So they were investigating Mars with enthusiasm. Few years later, humanity who were filled with hope understood. A simple reality that humanity are also an existence that are part of the life cycle.

In the year 1967, the first contact with them resulted in a nightmare. The life-form from Mars that suddenly appeared in the moon, killed and ate every single people from the geological investigation team. From there, they spread their territory as they liked, and they continued to take down the humanity who could only fight back with small weapons.

The life-form from another planet that showed hostility towards humanity. Those life-form that were given the name BETA(Beings of the Extra Terrestrial origin which is Adversary of human race) by the UN didn’t even flinch in environmental changes of Mars and the moon due to their touch life force and body, and by the year 1973, they had basically conquered the whole moon. –And finally they descended down to Earth; the central continent of Eurasia, and the Xinjiang-Uygur Autonomous Region.

China which was invaded head on declined the reinforcement from the UN due to the battle played in their favour. But when their aircrafts and ships were completely nullified due to the new type of the BETA which can projectile powerful lasers. The front lines were disrupted because they weren’t able to withstand the numbers of the BETAs, the central part of Asia was conquered by the BETA immediately. The following year, they used that lesson when North America was being invaded, and they attacked them consecutively with nuclear weapons soon as the land units landed on the soil. Even though they barely stopped being invaded by them, the price they had to pay for it was great, and it turned 50% of the soil of Canada into a dead wasteland.

Humanity that was cornered… In the twenty years battle after that takes place, humanity has lost 95% of Eurasia. But they have developed and dispatched an anti-Beta weapon, Tactical Surface Fighter (TSF), which would replace the aircrafts and ships as the humanity’s main weapons. –And also with the result from the research of BETAs, the secret project “Alternative Project”, humanity succeeds in stalling the BETAs invasion.

In the year 1998, the headquarter of the UN army decided on a basic strategy of keeping in the BETAs in Eurasia from the defence line in Japan, Philippine, Africa, England, and other various countries. Later that year, within the fence of the defence line, humanity started “operation morning star” to retrieve the Kanagawa prefecture which is in the west part of Honshu and currently conquered by the BETAs. Thanks to the two new bombs created by the USA, humanity was able to fulfil their first ever retrieval of taking back their lands in the war against BETA, and humanity succeeded in conquering the enemy base located in the frontline called Hive 22, which is also called Yokahama hive.

And in the current year 2000, the approximate population if humanity is 1 billion. The population of Japan is 7,400,000.

Humanity was placed in the position of near extinction, and they continued their war of attrition which was a nightmare.
Which one do I tackle for TotD next time? Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken (or whatever the name that is)?

Anyway, anyone interested to do up one can join in. This is the free-for-all zone, but just follow my house rules:

1.No 18+ content. (Yaoi and Yuri are out of the question, goodness)
2.No translations of stories that have been translated. (for example, I can work on Unicorn 10 in this place, but I won’t be doing Unicorn 1)
3.No licensed stories.
4.Other than that, series are chosen are all up to personal choice.

March 22, 2013 — (Penguin Summer, Chapter 5)
Spoiler! :
Professor: Leader, leader!

Leader: What is it, professor? Today’s dinner is salt soup.

Professor: Salt soup? What’s that?

Leader: It’s a very simple soup. You heat up a glass of water sufficiently, and then add a puinch of salt. That is all

Professor: …Isn’t the thing made from this recipe water used to rinse the nose?

Leader: You’re preparing to use your nose to consume the food?

Professor: That’s not the issue. All I’m trying to say, leader, is that what you said isn’t food for humans.

Leader: You’re not happy? I’ll swap the salt with starch powder.

Professor: This isn’t the problem here! Speaking of which, I came here just to request for additional research funds!

Leader: ……Do you think that I, who’s preparing to have salt soup for dinner, has the luxury of squeezing out some research funds for you?

Professor: 5,000 yen! Just 5,000 yen. I have to buy this part in Yamanoda Electrics if I want to complete a certain invention!

Leader: Do you know how many salt soup bowls can I make if I have 5,000 yen? I can get water nearby here, but if I have 5,000 yen worth of salt—

Professor: What futile words are you saying?

Leader: —What is it out of a sudden?

Professor: Have you forgotten the oath, leader? The oath when we decided to leave Planet Chambre?

Leader: …I remembered. We have to find a new paradise and build a second Chambre, even if it’s for the 30 comrades asleep in this spaceship.

Professor: That’s right. To us, concurring Earth is a mission of the highest order. But now, now, you’re still troubled over dinner, and you won’t even hand over 5,000 yen so easily.

Leader: Even though you say so, do you know how much hard work I had to go through just to get this 5,000 yen? I did those dangerous odd jobs and finally earned some decent savings here, you know…

Professor: That’s all for the honest labor. With this 5,000 yen, I’m going to earn back 100 million Yen.

Leader: What? Really?

Professor: I’m making a bomb. It’s a super-miniature version of the Paichrome bomb. It has enough destructive power to create a 1km radius volcanic crater.

Leader: Paichrome? Isn’t that the terrifying weapon that turned our mother planet Chambre into a death star?

Professor: That’s why I’m making a mini version. This is a clean bomb that won’t even leave a speck of dead dust. Besides, I don’t really want to let it explode. I’ll just put it inside the White Capital government house and tell them “Prepare 100 million Yen if you want to live.”.

Leader: That’s really amazing. But will it proceed smoothly?

Professor: Definitely. Earth’s technology is insufficient to break down the Paichrome bomb.

Leader: Even if it’s impossible, there’re still other ways to dispose of it, like bringing it to some safe place and blowing it up or something.

Professor: I installed a mechanism on the bomb for that situation.

Leader: How’s it like?

Professor: The bomb will grow legs and move on its own.

Leader:……

Professor: Once it senses that it will be discovered immediately, the bomb will run away on its own. It can move at 30km per hour, so human hands can’t catch it.

Leader: 30km? Won’t it hurt if it knocks into something?

Professor: It might crush the feet of those people. Might be worse if it’s hit higher.

Leader: ……Better watch out below the feet then. How about the issue of getting the ransom?

Professor: It’s planned. There’s an overpass at the outskirts, away from the city streets. We’ll make them drop the money bag from the road above to the dustbin on the road below.

Leader: What if the dustbin’s being watched?

Professor: We can grow legs on the dustbin and let it move on its own.

Leader: …

Professor: And then, we’ll install a transport device at the hatchway nearby. Once the dustbin runs there, we’ll destroy the transport device and wreck it so that the pursuers can’t catch up. This really is a perfect plan.

Leader: I see. I understand then. Just do whatever you want. 5,000 yen, right?

Professor: Yeah, 5,000 yen is enough.

Leader: But does that Yamanoda Electrics really have the part we need to make the Paichrome bomb?

Professor: Of course. The main parts are made from spare materials inside the ship, but this planet’s produce can provide some materials. The modified beasts also bought uite a lot of parts from Yamanoda Electrics, you know?

Leader: Is that so? Anyway, I’m counting on you.

Professor: Leave it to me.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, no need to hurry... ;)

Was it a nice trip? Or was it a trip where one wishes to get a vacation afterwards?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Teh_ping wrote: Which one do I tackle for TotD next time? Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken (or whatever the name that is)?

Anyway, anyone interested to do up one can join in. This is the free-for-all zone, but just follow my house rules:

1.No 18+ content. (Yaoi and Yuri are out of the question, goodness)
2.No translations of stories that have been translated. (for example, I can work on Unicorn 10 in this place, but I won’t be doing Unicorn 1)
3.No licensed stories.
4.Other than that, series are chosen are all up to personal choice.

March 22, 2013 — (Penguin Summer, Chapter 5)
Lol. You should do Total Eclipse as well. Volume 5 epilogue ends in a cliffhanger and its different from how the anime ended.

TotD:
Tokyo Raven volume 1 chapter 1 part 2(Continuing where Teh Ping stopped)
Spoiler! :
===2===

When the transport vehicle arrived, the surrounding was already filled with miasma.

The office town where the civilian had already evacuated from. The transport vehicle suddenly stopped, and group of Onmyouji that are wearing protected clothing comes out.

The source of the spiritual disaster was a single old tree within the office town. The great tree that was giving out abnormal “reiatsu” was now twitching as if it was alive.

The “ki” that are within all creation—“reiki”.

Those reiki balances everything while flowing and wavering at usual times.

But, there are times when the flow of the reiki heads to one direction drastically. Then the reiki which lost its balance would change into a miasma, and head towards the negative direction.

The inclination of the spirit and curses that can’t be healed due to going pass the limit of the auto purification activity of the nature. This is the spiritual disaster the Onmyouji has to handle, hence the name “spiritual disaster”. And purification of spiritual disaster is the mission of the Onmyouji that works for the “Department of the Onmyou Purification Squad “.

The herd of ravens that is dancing within the night of Tokyo. When they surrounded the old tree, all of them drew out a short sword.

They swing it down towards the asphalt while saying the chants. The tip of the short sword carried mystical force in them, and it pierced through the asphalt. The blade was emitting a blue-white lights, and the lights spread out from the blade creating a ring of light that surrounded the old tree. In order to shut down the source of the spiritual disaster from the surrounding area, they put on a barrier.

But the old tree didn’t stop its movement. It continued to throw out the miasma as if it was spouting its spores, and its branches had so much strength in them that it looked like it was about the break through the barrier.

The spiritual disaster had already reached phase 2, and it wasn’t a situation where simple purification would work. At this late, it would progress to phase 3. The miasma materialised, and “evil spirit” was born.

“My bad. Sorry for making you guys wait!”

One large bike arrived from behind the Onmyouji that are putting on the barrier.

The one that was riding the bike like a galloping horse is a man with sharp eyes.

The man wasn’t wearing the protective clothing which was a uniform for the Onmyouji. Instead, he was wearing a flashy aloha shirt and a jeans with a hole in its knee, so he didn’t look like a Onmyouji.

But this person was none other than the commander of this squad, and he is within the top-class of Onmyouji of this country. He was one of the National First-class Onmyouji.

“Looks like I just made it. I will purify it with one move, so you guys just work hard to and maintain the barrier!”

The man had a single Japanese sword placed on his hip. He came rushing after getting of his bike, and he drew out the Japanese sword.

He swung the katana, and he draw a complicated seal in the air. The reiki used by the practitioner turned into a mystical force, the blade glows brightly as if it was thrown into the fire.

The boss of the crows howled.

“By the means of the principles of the five elements, and the sharpness of metal, destroy the chaotic wood! Gonkokumoku(Metal defeats wood)! Evil miasma, perish!”

The spiritual blade raised above his head slashes down towards the old tree—.

“Wow. That was amazing.”

Tsuchimikado Harutora had his eyes glued towards the live broadcast while he was carrying the noodle with the tip of the chopstick.

He was inside a confined tatami room of an udon restaurant which looked so old. Within the restaurant which had the window opened, there was a fan instead of an air conditioner which swirled away the intense heat of summer.

What was being broadcasted live is the purification scene of the spiritual disaster performed by the Onmyouji. Due to the majority of spiritual disaster occurring in Tokyo, it was a scene you don’t scene in a countryside, just like the town Harutora lives in.

Harutora pointed the chopstick towards the television,
“Look at that, Touji. That tree looked like it had a diameter of two meters, and he slashed it down so easily, you know? It looked like a scene from a manga.”

--and he said it with enthusiasm to Ato Touji who was sitting opposite of him.

Touji who had already finished eating broke his posture and was relaxing. To Harutora’s words, he looked over his shoulders to look at the television. Below the hairband wrapped around his forehead, the evil looking eyes glanced with no interest in the topic.

“……Well, the career of an Onmyouji is like that of a manga after all.”

“Career?”

“I’m talking about those who passed the “Onmyou Class I”. The ones who are called the first-class Onmyouji of the state. ……Don’t you remember there was an article about them in the magazine I showed you several days ago?”

“Huh? Then is that guy who was swinging the katana one of the “Twelve Divine Generals”? Wow.”

Harutora looks at the television once again. The live broadcasted had already changed focus to the reporter. Even still, Harutora gazed at the screen with passionate eyes and resumed eating as if he just remembered it.

The professional Onmyouji are like a special occupation from the views of ordinary people.

Even so, you could say that they are on a totally different level if they are the first-class Onmyouji of the state. There are around dozen of people from the first-class Onmyouji of the state that passed “Onmyou type-1”. So you could call them the super elites.

Harutora said it while eating kitsune udon.

“There sure has been an increase of the live broadcast like this lately.”

“It seems like there is an increase of spiritual disaster itself. ……Even though I said that, it’s only limited to Tokyo.”

Touji looks out the window after saying, “It’s peaceful around here”. Harutora who was eating udon put his chopstick down and looks at Touji.

“What’s wrong? Do you want to go home since you haven’t been back for a while?”

“Not really. It’s not like I hate peaceful life.”

“Haha. cow-poop. You were a martial artist delinquent when you were in Tokyo.”

“Shut up. Just finish eating quickly.”

Touji puts on an unpleasant expression. Harutora laughed, and stretched his hand to grab the chilli peppers.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

March 25, 2013 — (Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro…… Volume 1, Chapter 1)
Spoiler! :
(In the end, Mikado never borrowed the textbook from me, and we only managed to talk once.)

The road was dark, and the rain caused Koremitsu’s vision to be blurry as he walked home.

He had been thinking about Hikaru’s situation ever since the moment he left the funeral parlor.

(It can’t be helped…)

That one meeting did leave a huge impact on him, and all sorts of various things happened at the funeral.

However, Koremitsu understood practically nothing about this person called Mikado Hikaru. Thus, Koremitsu was thoroughly captivated by his casual attitude, his meaningful attitude and smile which felt like a mystery.

What kind of person was Hikaru like in reality?

(If that guy didn’t die, if he’s still alive…will he really come over to borrow my textbook?)

He will open the classroom door forcefully, give a radiant smile,

“Koremitsu-kun! I forgot my textbook!”

And call out to me with such a cheery tone, I guess?

This scene flashed through his mind for an instant, and his inner heart felt like it was being burned by friction. Perhaps this was the little sadness he had for the life of a 15 year old who had his life ended.

The rain gradually got bigger.

The wooden home his grandfather built was located away from city center, a place functioning as a calligraphy house. By the time he got back, his messy red hair was sticking on his eyelids and ears.

He opened the entrance door, and his aunt Kowaru stood at the door, holding some coarse salt.

“Koremitsu, turn your back around!”

She ordered him sternly.

Kowaru would normally dress herself up in a jersey with rolled up sleeves and hem, and keep her hair tied up nicely behind her head naturally. A divorcee, she returned back to her old home and worked on a little trading business on the computer at home. At this point, she, Koremitsu and his grandfather were the only people living together.

He followed what she said and turned around, and soon after, the sound of salt being sprinkled on him rang.

(Isn’t this too much salt for purification? Are you trying to marinate me with salt?)

But even though he thought so, he chose to remain silent considering the fact that the highest authority in the household was gradually transferring over from his grandfather to his uncle, he chose to remain silent.

“Alright, turn around again.”

He turned around, and a large helping of salt was sprinkled on his legs. His thoroughly wet clothes were littered with salt grains.

“The water in the bath is boiled. Go in a wash. Once you’re done, have dinner, and don’t dily-daly around.”

She spoke with a manly tone.

Suddenly, there was a short chuckle from behind.

“Mr Akagi ‘s sister really seems to be a violent and interesting. And she looks just like you.”

(Un?)

March 26, 2013 — (Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Volume 1, Chapter 1)
Spoiler! :
She said. It is just like what my mother said; we have lots of folded cardboard boxes gathered below our waists. My grandmother’s clothes and ornaments were already divided amongst our aunts, and the only things left in this house were untouched. This messy scene caused me to recall the incident when I was 5 years ago. I decided to look around the room in order to change my mood, but suddenly, I noticed an important change.

“Where are grandmother’s books?”

The bookshelf that filled the wall completely was left empty, and not a single book was left behind.

“The books are over there. I did say that I’m clearing them up, didn’t I? Weren’t you listening to me?”

Mom grumbled as she knocked on a few boxes beside her.

“Isn’t there a nursing home near the Sekiya Intersection? I know of some acquaintance working there, building some reading room there, and is collecting books recently. He was delighted when I offered him the books in our house, saying that he wants as many as he can get. I told him that I’ll send over our jobless-suke slacking at home then.”

“Why are you calling me that when talking to outsiders?”

Of course, this jobless-suke here will refer to me. The –suke in my Daisuke is added on with a ‘jobless’, and she actually calls me by this nickname in front of everyone else.

“This is a face after all. You’re really slacking at home without working anyway.”

“…It’s not like I wanted to slack around like this either.”

I still have not found a job. I once received a job offer from a construction company in Yokohama, but that company closed down during February this year. Currently, I am still attending some inauguration exercises, but I just could not get through to the interview stage. I am not a student of some famous and prestigious university, and I have no real noted specialty other than my physique. The economy downtime too is making it more difficult for me to find job opportunities.

“You’re being too picky here. Try taking the acceptance tests of the JSDF or the police then. You do inherit the good physique from me, so it’s probably good if you can actually show these advantages.”

I did not answer. This isn’t the first time I’m advised to take the acceptance tests of the JSDF and the polic. My judo dan ranking is definitely a plus here, but after 4 years of judo training, I clearly understood that fighting to win isn’t a characteristic I have. I don’t feel that physical jobs are really tiring, but I actually want a simpler job instead of having to ensure the safety of the people and the peace in the country.

“Then, regarding the books.”

I changed the topic and temporarily pushed this public servant talk to the back of my head.

“Grandmother really treasures these books. There’s no need to actually donate them all…”

“It’s fine.”

Return to “Manga & Novel”