Any good translated romance light novels?

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Vazkro
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Any good translated romance light novels?

Post by Vazkro »

Hey there, I've had to remake this thread since I guess the title was sligthly off from what was actually asked in the topic and please Teh_ping next time read what is written instead of instantly locking it because of the title. If the title was bothersome it could have just as easily been changed.
If however I am not allowed to ask for light novel recommendations at all then I completely understand and I apologize for making a new thread concerning this matter.

I've read DxD up to now and Campione is also a fine read thanks to them both having a nice balance between action/comedy/romance/fanservice.
There is one thing about DxD that frustrates me to no end though...that is that Issei never goes the entire way with Rias even though they both obviously want it and their relationship has been pretty darn good for quite some volumes now.

By now it is made clear to me that H-scenes won't ever be put here on baka-tsuki but I was wondering if there are at least any nice translated novels available with a good romantic relationship instead of just ending up in a relationship at the very end?

I am a huge fan of romantic series and I am not saying the protag and a heroine have to be in a steady relationship from the start, but a bit earlier than the very end would already me a great thing since I love seeing some development while they are actually together.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this and any romance light novel recommendations are welcome ( superpowers can be in it or anything else as long as it has romance ).
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Any good translated romance light novels?

Post by Teh_ping »

I read the contents of the first post well and clear,
Spoiler! :
So ye I was wondering if there are any translated novels out there that have the protag going all the way with the girl he likes? Or if that is not available at least a serious love relationship with a girl instead of only teasing. If both of those are hard to find then I'd at least love to here some romance recommendations since I've been getting more into ln's lately and I'd love to read a nice romance one.
Putting two and two together with the title, the bold is obviously out of the equation. The underlined part may work, but that wasn't your main objective in the first place, so I locked the thread.

Now, having said that, you might want to try the following series:

-Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (though very twisted)
-Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
-Gekkou
-Rakuin no Monshou
-Toradora!
-Spice and Wolf
-Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai
-Sayonara Piano Sonata
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Just in defense of the original poster: having sex does not necessarily mean that the novel is 18+ (although making it a search criteria...). For example, Rakuin no Monshou (well, in this case it's only a prostitute) and Shokubutsu Zukan imply that their characters "go all the way through" while there is of course no H-scene. Gensou Shoukougun also had one, iirc.

That being said, to get back on-topic... Ping already listed all translated ones that I know. :D But I'll add Tsukumodo Antique Shop to the list, since they definitely end up together in the end. Ah, and Kokoro Connect, maybe.
Ethernia
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ethernia »

Pretty much everything by Minoru Kawakami (Owari no Chronicle, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon) full of couples with dynamic relationships.

There is also Golden Time, by the same author as Toradora!
Vazkro
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vazkro »

thank you both very much for your suggestions. I'll be sure to check em out
Umini
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Umini »

Regarding mystery-romance novels, I´d recommend:
Sugar Dark
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou (*cough* emphasis)
Gosick (translated at Silver Butterflies)
And while I´m at it, I´ll just second the previous suggestions on Gekkou and Tsukumodo Antique Shop.

Regarding romantic-comedy:
Oreimo (I love this one)
The Circumstances leading to Waltraute´s Marriage
Welcome to the NHK! (it´s abandoned here, but otherwise pretty easy to find if you try a little)
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Regarding fantasy/action-romance or whatever:
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Allison
And again, I´ll second Spice & Wolf (also abandoned, but you can find it too if you look around) :D

Return to “Manga & Novel”