Looking for an LN/WN with MMORPG and fantastic elements

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

bronx819
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Looking for an LN/WN with MMORPG and fantastic elements

Post by bronx819 »

I've been looking for something close to my ideal LN, but all the ones I've read have only come a little close (I still found them very enjoyable). The ones that I feel came closest to that are Mushoku Tensei, Tate no Yuusha, E? Heibon Desu yo??, SAO, Overlord, Log Horizon, and Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!. For Mushoku Tensei I really loved it, I spent whole days just reading it, but I felt like it was lacking something. Tate no Yuusha was also very enjoyable, I especially liked the beginning. In TnY what kind of killed it for me after a while was how all the characters were clearly cut into black and white, you could immediately tell who was friend and foe. It was enjoyable for a while but it made the story overly predictable. For SAO I liked the beginning and setup, how everyone was trapped and had to beat the game to escape, it had a bit of a .hack//root vibe, but went downhill very quickly at episode 3/chapter 5 for obvious reasons.

The kind of LN/WN that I'd want to read would roughly have these criteria:
ABSOLUTE MUST, transported/reincarnated to a fantasy world, preferably an MMORPG world (whether into the actual game or a world exactly/similar to it)
Has a kind of game-like console/window like in SAO and Tate no Yuusha
Has different races; IE cat, dog, or fox demi-humans, or elves
Has a bit of an epic setting, like a demon king has awoken and the protagonist goes on a journey to get the strength to defeat it and gathers comrades on the way, or he/she finds clues about the worlds origin and as time passes the mystery becomes clearer
It would be nice if the protagonist is genre savvy, that's always amusing

Anyone know anything like these besides the ones I mentioned? Even if it's not translated?
mvandii
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Unlimited Fafnir
Mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru soudesu yo
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Re: Looking for an LN/WN with MMORPG and fantastic elements

Post by mvandii »

Why don't you have accel world on there? I know its not fantasy but is same world as SAO just like 20 years in the future.

Return to “Manga & Novel”