Light Novel Magazine Launching, Authors Wanted!

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Re: Light Novel Magazine Launching, Authors Wanted!

Post by Nerevarine »

since the thread is undead...

i noticed that the link for the website no longer works (and since this is the first i saw about this, is this still going on?)
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Same question here. Is the project still ongoing? Has it been published? :(

EDIT: Found it. :D

http://www.ksm.lightnovel.org/
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Looks like no activity for about a month now. :?
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

Sorry guys, check the blog for any updates. I just made one.

Sorry I haven't been on. Had internet troubles, been busy, and I'm wrapping up one of my Light Novels to be hopefully published next year. Got my eyes on two specific japanese artists for the project.

Anyways, sorry again for not being on in a long while.

-Matt :)
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

So you are still alive. Welcome back. 8)
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Hmm? I didn't notice this thread... looks like it has been "resurrected."

For some reason I'm very, very tempted to seek more about this.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Assassin wrote:Hmm? I didn't notice this thread... looks like it has been "resurrected."

For some reason I'm very, very tempted to seek more about this.
RESURRECTION ONCE MORE!!

Lets hope it stays alive this time. Btw, so is the first issue out yet? I am a little curious to take a look at other people's articles.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, I've downloaded it already. Haven't got the time to read it yet, I'm randomly taking short breaks while translating PuiPui, so here I am. But yeah. downloaded, and so far looks good, but I haven't read it yet. What I do want to suggest...

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

If there's anyway to instantly link to the certain page numbers, I think that would really help, and I know Adobe can do it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:lol, I've downloaded it already. Haven't got the time to read it yet, I'm randomly taking short breaks while translating PuiPui, so here I am. But yeah. downloaded, and so far looks good, but I haven't read it yet. What I do want to suggest...

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

If there's anyway to instantly link to the certain page numbers, I think that would really help, and I know Adobe can do it.
Krikit, if it is not too big, mind PMing that to me? If i EVER find the time, i would wanna take a sneak peek and see whether i can write something on my own too LOLz!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Krikit wrote:lol, I've downloaded it already. Haven't got the time to read it yet, I'm randomly taking short breaks while translating PuiPui, so here I am. But yeah. downloaded, and so far looks good, but I haven't read it yet. What I do want to suggest...

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Krikit, if it is not too big, mind PMing that to me? If i EVER find the time, i would wanna take a sneak peek and see whether i can write something on my own too LOLz!
HolyCow already posted the link to the site, the download link is on the main site as in here:
HolyCow wrote:Same question here. Is the project still ongoing? Has it been published? :(

EDIT: Found it. :D

http://www.ksm.lightnovel.org/
You can get it there.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Thanks assassin, I downloaded it now, the last time i tried, the webby is down LOLz!

Matt, reading a little in the magazine, and I read the article on why read a light novel.

I am not sure if that is the true reason for a LIGHT novel. But in my opinion, the "light" means simple and leisure. SImple in content, for leisure. That is the reason for a "light" novel, compared to mystery novels or suspense novels which are more common by western authors and such. The content and atmosphere is much lighter.

And why spend the time to read light novels when you can read manga? My opinion is that there are many things that are not possible for animes or mangas that novels are able to bring forth. Mainly emotions. You can see characters cry in manga or anime, yet you can never see what they think or feel. For example, in the translation of KnS, worked upon by me, there are several rather interesting comments made by the author as he wrote, some with good and deep meanings. However, this is not possible by manga or anime, as anime requires to provide too much action, manga has to show people most of the time. This is one reason why there were problems with the PuiPui manga which we had some discussion over the conversion from novel to manga. One most important example to illustrate what a novel CAN do, where manga and anime cannot. In Tricksters the first volume, the entire volume shows how guy-like the male char is like, with a male-like tone and speech, uneasiness with females and such. Only right at the very end of the volume is it revealed that it is actually a female all along. These are some tricks only made possible in novels. Words can mean a lot and portrait a lot of stuff, manga and anime can show other sides, but each has their pros and cons, thus that is why they all still exists all together. And novels usually have a good story, thus the adapation into manga and animes, which usually will be changed slightly to fit the manga and anime requirements.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

To be honest about the magazine, after looking at... the original written fiction in there... I mean, the novel-lish illustrations that follow them... I feel like... perhaps I could at least offer some of my services (although I am not that good either) although I can't guarantee a regular basis to help things out... ^^;

But well this is the first issue so I guess there's way a LOT of improvisations that can be done there... so in other words LOTs of potential.
ShadowZeroHeart

Reading through the magazine... Cuenta is a little too short in my opinion ^^" I have no idea what is going on...
One Last Stand isnt that bad... though personally i would think Face is better...
Am I the only one who thinks that not everything should be in past tense?
Reading fight of the pegasus, and some quotes...
Ryan was a tall man with a muscular build, he had brown hair and blue eyes, he was in his mid twenties and was the best engineer in the entire fleet.
Since it is in past tense, does it not mean that Ryan is no longer a tall man with a muscular build?
Ever since Wil was in basic flight school, he had learned to cheat death at the very last second. He was the commanding officer of the FCS Pegasus, the flagship of the Federated Planets.
Wil WAS the commanding officer of the FCS Pegasus. Won't this mean that he is no longer the commanding officer then?

Sorry, I am not exactly an expert in English, and is always getting confused over the tenses and such. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Edit: Musical Hypnotist is a little short in my opinion... Too short... the idea and story isnt that bad though... What do you guys think?
Alive in the superunknown is really good and nice though. Of the whole magazine, I think that is the best article!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I would be more worried about three sentences separated by commas.

Ryan, a tall man with a muscular build, was in his twenties and the best engineer in the fleet.

The second excerpt is just poorly phrased all around.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

I have decided to resurrect this thread again.... I found Matt's magazine was almost always enjoyable, and that most of the stories were entertaining and well done :) Though i do agree that The Musical Hypnotist was too short, and that Cuenta was hard to follow because it ended too quickly. Also, i especially liked One Last Stand, Alive in the Super Unknown, and Light of the Darkness because i found they were well done and very interesting. When is the next issue coming out?

Return to “Manga & Novel”