Looking for Light Novels etc. with romance & open-/happy-end

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nebelwächter
Astral Realm

Looking for Light Novels etc. with romance & open-/happy-end

Post by Nebelwächter »

Hey,

I’ve watched the last years nearly every anime with romance and an open-/happyend (and generally not sad) that i could find. Sadly I can’t find any animes with this genres anymore so I’ve started to read light novels (and some mangas). But I have some troubles to find Light Novels on English with my preferred genres. So I thought that maybe someone of you could help me?

What i'm looking for:

- Strong Protagonist (not pervert) with some girls (=harem) but depending on the story even a normal relation is totally fine as long as there aren't any rejected & sad girls ^^

- Romance that get expressed with words, actions and that they really get together as a pair/harem

- nearly nothing sad e.g. no rejected girls, no deaths, no separations and so on. (i just hate stuff like that ^^ don't know why, but i'm very sensitive in animes/LN's with stuff like that and really hate it ^^)

- Somehow a fantasy part and I would prefer some action but both is not necessary (a harem by itself is already pretty fictional, soo... ^^)

- Long story that is ongoing or let at the end still space so it seems like the story still could be continued somehow (I don’t like these “well and truly over” endings)

- correlated: slow passing of time (so that the characters don’t get old to fast, staying long in school, university etc.)

- Prefer books/LN's because they have the biggest potential to be continued with a long, ongoing story but in general every medium is fine

At the moment I’m reading Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou and that’s pretty exactly what I’m looking for.
Spoiler! :
Great romance, very slow passing of time (12 Volumes and ~1/2 year has passed), great harem romance were everyone accepted each other with great romance scenes etc. and except one thing, nothing sad had happened.
But at the moment I’m in the 12 volume and that’s the latest one for the moment.

I’ve also read Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance and really liked the story, but the romance was quite low :/
I’ve also read Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei because I liked the relationship between the siblings but the romance was even less :/

I also watched many animes, to many to say something about them. But if you are interested that just have a look on my anime list ;)

I know about Spice and Wolf and I’m gonna read that some when, but at the moment I’m a bit afraid that the story has a definite ending ^^ Also i was recommended to read Mushoku Tensei, it sounds pretty good and if I don’t find something else after Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou I think I’ll read this one, even if the LN is already completed with grown up characters (which isn’t exactly what I wanted ^^)

It would be really nice if you may have some more recommendations for me =D
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Looking for Light Novels etc. with romance & open-/happy

Post by Cthaeh »

Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro...... is pretty much straight romance/drama, I think. It's completely translated, but I paused in the middle, so I'm not exactly sure how it ends; I expect it has a happy ending through.

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? is perhaps not as overtly romance focused in the same way as other series, but there is a constant romance element, or at least there is in the after the first few volumes.

Others that I haven't read myself, but might possibly fit your pattern, are Psycome ("Psycho Love Comedy"), Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and Strike the Blood. All of those are being released by Yen Press, so you should be able to find them online or in stores (or in your library if you're lucky).

Return to “Manga & Novel”