"DO NOT READ!" list.

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

"DO NOT READ!" list.

Post by Dan »

I just finished marathoning a manga (manhwa really, it's Korean) called Immortal Regis. It's only 44 chapters, but I'll warn you, it's a prequel for another called Chavlier of the Abyss which has only had one chapter scanlated. From what I've gathered from the people's spoilers and opnions of the second, it really goes downhill and doesn't really follow up the prequel.

It's too bad really, I liked the art but that's about all that kept me reading. Everything else is awful - characters are introduced and nothing is explained about them, the "love plot" is pushed along with no character interaction backing it, loose ends in the plot, ect. If Chavlier is picked up by some group and it manages to fix all those problems, I might have a better opnion but since there's a timeskip and looking at how the author has done things so far, I'm not expecting anything.

So, any warnings from any of you before I move on to my next entertainment?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: "DO NOT READ!" list.

Post by b0mb3r »

i don't regret reading it as i have done for the past few years but i wish potentials like these stop falling into traps where the story goes strong and comes out of whack.*sniff* airgear *sniif*

baka baka baka
shortykilz
Astral Realm

Post by shortykilz »

You know, I can't figure out how Cavalier of the Abyss continues from Immortal Regis. I mean, the end of Immortal Regis and the beginning of Cavalier of the Abyss, I can't find out how to link them.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

same main girl?

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

shortykilz wrote:You know, I can't figure out how Cavalier of the Abyss continues from Immortal Regis. I mean, the end of Immortal Regis and the beginning of Cavalier of the Abyss, I can't find out how to link them.
Well... Just so no one complains..
Spoiler! :
Apparently the previous protagonist became king and the current protagonist's goal is to kill him...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
wtf? so the main c. became a villainous king to get back his little brother?

baka baka baka
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Oh there's a whole lot of series I regret ever reading, but most of them don't do much harm since I was basically leeching them off the internets to begin with, so it was just as easy to let go as it was to pick up. Hence I could readily drop series which I knew would be wasting my time on mindless Jump series like Prince of Tennis and Hunter x Hunter, etc.

So the only series I truly regret ever picking up is Bleach, since I've actually gone and splashed cash to buy its manga volume. As you all know, the story's since became non-existent since the Soul Society Arc, when I decided wrongly to collect the series. As a perfectionist, I'm now stuck with the obligation to see out the series.

I would have said the same for Naruto, but credit to Kishimoto where it's due, the recent chapters have been okay so far in terms of plot progression, no matter how minuscule it may be.

Nevertherless, I no longer read these two series on a weekly basis anymore. Instead, I hoard them up for 3-4 months and read them in one go. I guess I'm digressing now.
Demonic Evenoah
Astral Realm

Post by Demonic Evenoah »

I don't know what is 'Immortal Regis' or 'Chavlier of the Abyss' :?
but it sounds a bit like Pandora Hearts lol (well, i like it though :))
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

yeah i was lucky enough that the Bounts Arc made me gave up the Bleach series.

baka baka baka
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

b0mb3r wrote:
Spoiler! :
wtf? so the main c. became a villainous king to get back his little brother?
Spoiler! :
I guess so, maybe he thinks he needs more power to defeat the thing that possessed his little brother... Off course while the new main c. states the king is evil from what i saw of him he doesn't looks evil.
Personally i still read Bleach though i gave up on the anime. The reason i still read it is because it's not that bad and i like the art...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
but at the 1st chapter we already see slaughters of innocents from his soldiers. so what gives? is it a small disgruntled soldiers who think they can get away this kind of stuff from the eyes of the king? like corruption or something?

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

b0mb3r wrote:yeah i was lucky enough that the Bounts Arc made me gave up the Bleach series.
Everything that I ever gave up on reading
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

b0mb3r wrote:
Spoiler! :
but at the 1st chapter we already see slaughters of innocents from his soldiers. so what gives? is it a small disgruntled soldiers who think they can get away this kind of stuff from the eyes of the king? like corruption or something?
Spoiler! :
I meant from what we see personally of him he doesn't look evil. It has been a while since i read it but i don't remember thinking of him as evil...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

b0mb3r wrote:yeah i was lucky enough that the Bounts Arc made me gave up the Bleach series.
We're talking manga here, not anime. The Bount don't exist in the manga. Though I still wouldn't blame anyone for giving up on Bleach. The quality just isn't there anymore.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i gave up Katekyo Hitman Reborn! the 1st chapter since i couldn't tolerate his unique drawing but poor placement of shots. though i do love the anime.

baka baka baka

Return to “Manga & Novel”