Dragon Crisis! (Light Novel + DramaCD)

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you be interested in reading this if it were translated? (Please give a reason in your Post)

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 761

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Dragon Crisis! (Light Novel + DramaCD)

Post by Krikit »

First, I'm NOT asking for this series to be translated, but you can just vote in the Poll on what you think...and I'll think about maybe a Chapter 1, or a chapter that doesn't give too much away yet has a lot of awesomeness.

I've been reading this series recently entitled: "Dragon Crisis!" I think I've made a post or two about it somewhere, and I've translated a prologue over at http://orenotokei.livejournal.com/ , but I haven't really given a description.

Currently, I've only read the prologue, chapter 1, and am on Chapter 2. (sorry I'm so slow O_0) Here's a synopsis for the story, with an image first:

Kisaragi Ryuuji is in his first year of high school. One day class is interrupted by a first-year University student, Nanao Eriko, who also happens to be his cousin. She takes him out of class and rushes him to a car parked outside, where she takes off quickly. On the way to a port, she tells him the situation. There is going to be a deal going down, involving an organization called "Fang," or [Dark Broker/Dark Society]. Eriko takes Ryuuji into the middle of this, and uses her ability to obtain the box, which Ryuuji helps carry back to the car. They then take off before they can be chased. When they arrive back at Eriko's large house, they notice air holes on the box, and after opening it, are surprised to find a golden-haired, blue-eyed young girl. She bites Eriko's hand, and clings tightly onto Ryuuji, who has no clue what's going on. Eriko goes to her computer to check "Society's" Database, and discovers this girl, is the "Red Dragon." The necklace she wears keeps her in a human form. She has red wings, can breath fire, and fly for a very limited amount of time. She seems to really like Ryuuji...

In this world setting, there are those who have abilities, by using the powers of ancient items known as "Lost Precious." For example, Ryuuji's parents are Treasure Hunters, who specialize in "Lost Prescious." Eriko, Ryuuji's cousin, is one example of a user. She is a 19 year old girl, who went to America to study and research Lost Precious. She came back with an artifact, and a ranking of 7 out of 10, meaning she's fairly strong. The abilities vary with the person, but Eriko's is called "Stick" and is ranked B. (there are A,B,C,D, with S being the strongest, A being second best, etc. Ryuuji's ability is ranked at S.) Her ability is to use this Staff like a Magician, to make others see illusions, which was how she was able to steal the box with Rose in it without there being too many problems.

That's the background of the story and up to Chapter 1 of Volume 1. Currently there are 8 Volumes and the series is ongoing. The organizations have a similar feel almost to Amalgam and Mithril from the Full Metal Panic Series. The interactions so far between Ryuuji and Rose have been rather nice. She just can't seem to leave him alone. When he went to the kitchen to make food for example, Rose couldn't stay behind. When Eriko tried to make Rose take a bath...if Ryuuji wasn't there, she'd claw her way out and cling to him even tighter.

Maybe I'm just sappy O_o

Anyway, so far I really like this series, though the Japanese is a little harder than "Tiger Stripes," which I wrote about in my last post, but the story is eons better. Tiger Stripes...just some story where the main characters have to lose everything except their boxers in order to fight...O_o a little strange....(even so, it had it's touching moments, and wasn't all bad ^_^)

Anyway, if you get a chance, pick up one of these novels and tell me what you think, or maybe ask for a Chapter 1 translation, and I'll see what I can do once my exams are finished ^_^
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Re: Dragon Crisis! (Light Novel + DramaCD)

Post by Assassin »

Yes because... uh, just because.

Let's just say curiosity killed the cat... no, uh, me. :roll:
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, I still haven't put out the translation teaser for Mystic Museum...O_o (it's got a little bit more complex words, and when I run into these problems, I usually put it off for a month or so and come back with better Japanese skills)

But yeah, I'm in Chapter 3 of the novel so far, and Ryuuji seems to have problems with his parents... :mrgreen: No more give-aways.
The True Evangelion
Astral Realm

Post by The True Evangelion »

Yes! I have been watching the anime and I like it a lot. I would be happy if someone translated it. However somebody made a topic about it too but it got shoot down with so much flak
jcfdude
Astral Realm

Post by jcfdude »

Yes I would have to agree this definitely deserves a translation it is an awesome anime so far and I love light novels. Would like to see all of zero no tsukaima translated as well as the side stories of toradora but I guess i'll just have to start with this.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I would be so excited for this if the anime wasn't bad enough to kill any interest I had before the anime =/
Shirokiba
Astral Realm

Post by Shirokiba »

I'd love to see a translation of this, the anime kinda leaves a few things out, still a good anime but I've got so many questions....
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ben1234 wrote:I would be so excited for this if the anime wasn't bad enough to kill any interest I had before the anime =/
Don't worry, the novel isnt that much better... Its a barely acceptable novel imo.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Plopsicle
Astral Realm

Post by Plopsicle »

I would definitely like to read the translated version. I have the raw, but I've been looking for a translated one for a while now :(
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Plopsicle wrote:I would definitely like to read the translated version. I have the raw, but I've been looking for a translated one for a while now :(
You can read Japanese?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Plopsicle
Astral Realm

Post by Plopsicle »

kira0802 wrote:
Plopsicle wrote:I would definitely like to read the translated version. I have the raw, but I've been looking for a translated one for a while now :(
You can read Japanese?
Nope, that's why I wanted for it to be translated into English.
I can only speak/read English, but I can speak Chinese a little. :)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Native Chinese? Or self-learning?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
wakbob
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by wakbob »

It's been 2 years since the last reply. Despite everyone saying yes, it hasn't be translated. Why?
TheEternalShade
Astral Realm

Post by TheEternalShade »

The reason is that even though it has been requested, the translators choose what projects they work on, since they are translating it for free, on their own time.
Alucard396
Astral Realm

Post by Alucard396 »

I vote yes because I really enjoyed the whole premise of this story and I really liked the anime for what it was and I want to know what happens next in the light novel so that would be awsome if somone translated it.

Return to “Manga & Novel”