Favorite Top 5 Novels

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Favorite Top 5 Novels

Post by p0l3r »

Heres mine

1. Zero no Tsukaima
2. Sword Art online
3. Nogizaka Haruka No Himitzu
4. Spice and Wolf
5. To Aru Majitsu no Index
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Favorite Top 5 Novels

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sorry... I dont have Top 5?

Without any indication of actual preference, since they are ALL TOO GOOD TO BE RATED!

Bungaku Shoujo(A.K.A Bookgirl, but I prefer the actual title)
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (Only read first series, A.K.A the legend of legendary heroes)
Kami-sama no Memo(God's Notebook)

Baka to Test to Syokanju (for laughs)
Oh, and Inukami! i guess?

Personal Opinions: (Personal means I am speaking for myself only, don't hold it against me if you don't agree)

Bungaku Shoujo - Very emotional and very well written. I would shed tears reading it, and I won't be ashamed to admit it.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - Political fantasy mixed with comedy. Fantasy not being its filled with magic, but the political fantasy that a country can exist where everyone is truly happy. Yet it doesn't exist... And yet people still yearn and work hard to try to make this fantasy into reality.... But at what costs?

Kami-sama no Memo - Personal favorite, because of some cool lines they spoke, and the helplessness and usefulness of a useless student portrayed at the same time. He can't fight, but gets beaten up. He wants to help, but couldn't. And some world views is very thought provoking, at least for me... So I LOVE this series!

Inukami! - Another of my personal favorites. I watched the anime, but can't accept how it ended, so read the novel to find out what happens later... The final battle was EPIC! SERIOUSLY!! And it has one clear lesson that it tells the readers very clearly... I enjoyed the novel, not sure if you would though

Baka to Test to Syokanju - Well, considering whether this series should be in... I guess its good enuf... but I won't place this series as high as those above. But considering it being comical and a light-hearted novel, i guess i should use some other standards for it... so I guess I will put this up for now...

Other novels of the same standard of Baka to Test(below the other 3[Inukami! is around the same i think], but still worth mentioning)
Spoiler! :
Mushi-Uta: Story about people working hard for their dreams. Even if their dreams collide, even if they will risk the loss of everything... A very emotional and touching novel series, though I think the latest volume I read indicates its rushing to an end...

The God Game: Story about people who relies on the different Gods, yet never realise that they are capable of much more. Emotional and encouraging novel that may have covered some of the troubles on your mind somewhere. Or perhaps, let you realise that some things aren't as difficult as you think they are.

Jinrui wa Suita Shimashita: A cute and interesting story that talks about the future where people are kinda finished... Very cute and interesting, not a bad novel. Interesting concept

SLAYERS : I admit, I am biased based on the judging criteria for this series. This series isn't as good as the rest, but I really love Lina Inverse, so I am putting this in, SO SUE ME!!

Kaze no Stigma: Once again, I am biased towards this series... Reasons? if you pay attention to B-T you would know.

Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou: Well, I just read vol 9, not as good as the rest listed, but the concept of how the last maou tries to change the world, the different battles they fought and how they are fought, how the last maou became the bad guy while hes the good guy, all are quite interesting perspectives, so i guess its worth the mention.... barely...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Aeldt
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aeldt »

Current top 5

1. Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
2. Bungaku Shoujo
3. Spice and Wolf
4. Suzumiya Haruhi
5. FMP
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well, I have only read 4 novels... :(

1- Zero no Tsukaima
2- Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
3- Chrome Shelled Regios
4- Toradora
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
happydevas
Astral Realm

Post by happydevas »

Favorite Top 5 Novels
1.The Eye of the World – by Robert Jordan
2.Starship Troopers
3.The Gunslinger
4. I Am Legend
5.Ender’s Game
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

It's supposed to be light novels... :lol:
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
akkaiberry
Astral Realm

Post by akkaiberry »

My Favourite Five would be :

1) Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
2) Neuromancer - William Gibson
3) Incarnations of Immortality series - Piers Anthony
4) Dune - Frank Herbert
5) High Fidelity - Nick Hornby

not the best novels in the world, I'm sure ... but I really liked these ones immensely.
stormydays
Astral Realm

Post by stormydays »

Oo Oo my turn!

1) Zero no Tsukaima & Toradora
2) Toaru Majutsu no Index
3) Shakugan no Shana
4) Kampfer

I cant decide if i like toradora or ZnT more... i love em both.

Don't mistake Kampfer for its anime... that is a horrible piece of work that horribly needs a second season to correct itself.
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

stormydays wrote:Oo Oo my turn!

1) Zero no Tsukaima & Toradora
2) Toaru Majutsu no Index
3) Shakugan no Shana
4) Kampfer

I cant decide if i like toradora or ZnT more... i love em both.

Don't mistake Kampfer for its anime... that is a horrible piece of work that horribly needs a second season to correct itself.
Good luck with that... I have had horrendous experience of reading works that contains a guy changing into a girl, so I wont read it, but anime-wise, they usually just change the story entirely, even in the second season, and refuse to correct itself...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
stormydays
Astral Realm

Post by stormydays »

i can understand what you mean when it comes to kampfer. To be honest, the first 10 volumes were nothing special. it was rather annoying. but i kept reading in hopes that it gets better. and it actually does around volume 12-14. it turns out to be a decent story after all. Cause its kampfer, i wont give any spoilers lol.
ramengud
Astral Realm

Post by ramengud »

Top 5
1) Haruhi Suzumiya
2) Bungaku Shoujo
3) Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
4) FMP
5) Sword Art Online
Lawrence Craft
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by Lawrence Craft »

1 Sword Art Online
2 Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
3 Kara no Kyoukai
4 Bakemonogatari
5 Spice and Wolf
"I'm still a moron"

Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Hmmm... This is hard....

1) Suzumiya Haruhi
2) Shakugan No Shana
3) Toradora (Admit it. Its really... Toradorable. YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! 8) )
4) Seitokai no Ichizon
5) Baka Test no Shounjakuu
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Sorry if you don't recognize some of the names:

1. Bungaku Shoujo
2. Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai
3. Monogatari series
4. Hidan no Aria
5. Ex aequo : Asura Cryin' and Usotsuki Mi-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan

Opinions:

1. Bungaku Shoujo is a LN series that can't be missed. Very emotional, especially at the end of the story, and having good short stories, and they are till sad...

2. Boku wa Tomodachi is one of the biggest hits this year, and I love it. The sense of humor is great, and I love the plot.

3. Monogatari series can't be missed either. I love how the author is doing this; he has started with Hitagi an will finish the series with Hitagi. Words games and puns are making this series hard to read,maybe even more than Shana.

4. Sherlock holmes, Arsene lupin, Jeanne d'Arc, Cao Cao, and what more... But still waiting for Alexander the Great.

5. Could have putten plenty of novels instead of these two, like the Haruhi series, Shakufan no Shana, Majutsu no Index... But I'll stay with these two.

Asura Cryin is the first series I read, and the other is a twisted story with a twisted plot. 

Could we change it to top 10?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
kuroi_shinigami
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Light novel only? Or Western one is included?

For Light novel :

1. Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
2. To aru majutsu no Index
3. Ben-to
4. Utsuro no Hako no Maria
5. A tie between Ookami to Koushinryou and monogatari series by nisiOisin.

There's a few potential one such as Rakuin no Monsho and Kami-sama no Memochou that I haven't read far enough to judge. Surprisingly, the series I'm translating doesn't even make the top 5 :lol:

If western novel is included :

1. And Then There Were None
2. Curtain
3. Murder of Roger Ackroyd
4. Sleeping Murder
5. ABC Murder

I know, I'm such an Agatha Christie's fanboy :oops: .
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです

Return to “Manga & Novel”