My Perfect Imperfect Heroine

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

My Perfect Imperfect Heroine

Post by b0mb3r »

Well I got this interesting idea from Kotaku. The blogger said she finds the lack of strong female characters in a male-dominant videogame universe. or rather too much of it with shallow female counterparts. So I thought what is the best heroine you met in a novel or manga (or anime) and tell me why you like her (no waifu please) ? Then we can think of an amalgamation at least three characters.

My favorite heroine so far is: Hitagi Senjougahara

She has that aggression we see lacking in anime today. Or usually the aggressive female characters are secret dominatrix you don't want to meet in office. Rather she's aggressive in her methods to do things when push comes to shove and she knows what she wants. She verbally creative and abusive and she can handle staples. A very strong character that isn't two dimensional.

My amalgamation:

Saeko Busujima (Highschool of the Dead) personality
Hinata Hyuuga (Naruto) Byakugan ability
Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia) Summoning Ability

I find Senjougahara thy perfect imperfect heroine while Saeko herself has a deep flaw. The urge to hurt another human being. This weakness occasionally comes to haunt her morality and she strives to control it. Is the struggle I'm interested in and see how it will play out in the years. Also she's a god damn tease with her words when she's very calm and collected.

Hinata's Byakugan we all know it allows you to see your environment 360. I'm giving this to Saeko without the whole blood vessel popping up. Is a little cheat I understand but hey is my combination. Is to give Saeko an extension to her life during a zombie Apocalypse.

Sheena's summoning can summon Norse gods. Nope. None of that. Instead I only want to give this ability to Saeko for one thing only....to summon dinosaurs from the prehistoric times. It will be an awesome combo.

So yeah the setting is a zombie apocalypse but hey Saeko got her sword, Byakugan, and dinosaurs to fight them off. Is my dream to see a sword-wielding ninja riding on dinosaurs and killing zombies. In the end I'm biased b/c I think purple on girls looks cute together.
Last edited by b0mb3r on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: My Perfect Imperfect Heroine

Post by Rectifier »

Do you ever listen to yourself?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Rectifier wrote:Do you ever listen to yourself?
nope cause I'm ain't a narcissistic.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Lina Inverse, from Slayers, no doubt about it.

Her personality is quite easy to see, straightforward and she doesnt keep her words to herself. Her greed is easily seen, with just a bare minimal of a conscience. Money is her name, and nothing stops her from her money. Should anything stand in her path, she would blast it away, one way or another. She shows no hesitation to run when things aren't in her favor, and when things are in her favor, she won't show any remorse extorting them all.

Example 1: She made a INSANELY low price for an equipment that can boost magic powers. The owner of the equipment commented that her price is too low, and that he would have to consider even if the price is increased like 100 fold or so, to a sum of several billion if I recall. She instantly took out items and money that add up to that amount, and forced him to cough out that piece of equipment, claiming that she has paid the price he quoted. (The equipment is priceless.)

Example 2: After she saved a city, her companions then thanks her for it. She instantly say, "Don't need to thank me, just pay me a thousand gold pieces." Her companion changed the topic then, and she tries her best to change the topic back, agreeing to reduce the price to 999 gold pieces.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Manga & Novel”