Haruhi Volume 10: Shipping at last?

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Haruhi Volume 10: Shipping at last?

Post by Beware the talking cat »

So, as it has not been licensed by Yen Press, are we doing this, or not?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Haruhi Volume 10: Shipping at last?

Post by larethian »

unlike shana, this is definitely going to get licensed and released in English, so I think there's no point in doing it, and it carries way too much risk.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:unlike shana, this is definitely going to get licensed and released in English, so I think there's no point in doing it, and it carries way too much risk.
I bet that some group out there will do the translation. Well, anyways, we have Shana, and it would be only luxurous to ask more.

Also, have been on ANN recently and it seems that it doesn't like fan-translators a lot. I wonder why...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ANN is ridiculously biased against fan-translators. Never mind that they helped jumpstart anime in the US and other places...

If we make any news on there, Im betting we would be denounced very quickly just because we get Light Novels to translate.

Then again, some fan-translators look down upon the people that frequent there either way, so its more of a ego thing really.

Answering your question though, The people in ANN think that Fan-Translators are out to steal others work, rather than getting it the legal way and helping the companies. The problem is that some series are just quite literally impossible for a company like funimation to even ATTEMPT to even get that work. (Im looking at you PSG...) 2ch lurkers are very much like ANN lurkers, and blame foreigners for things like a slumping anime market in Japan and that. NEVERMIND that MOST shows were built to be for DOMESTIC showing anyway... and also conveniently forgetting that the suppliers of the anime are Japanese... As an anon said:

"I really wonder how a drunk off his arse Irish kid living in Dublin is somehow recording something thats being shown in a Television Network only broadcast in Japan right 2ch?"
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Gosh at this point why don't fan translators just make their own company then? Or because is a hobby and not a money-making scheme.

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

b0mb3r wrote:Gosh at this point why don't fan translators just make their own company then? Or because is a hobby and not a money-making scheme.
Because that's called FAN-TRANSLATING. We aren't here as an official company selling our productsfor our own profits, but the translations are for the fans who ask them. A 'company' will change the view of BT as a seller and not as a sharer.

Also, I'm having a great time at the AS forums.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The only way we could pull it off is if Uncle Moneybags dropped by and kindly gave a large donation to legally license the light novel. Either that, or we could go the crunchyroll way. :wink:
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

Poke2201 wrote:and blame foreigners for things like a slumping anime market in Japan and that
well as a matter of fact ive read somewhere that fan-subbing actually rise the sellings of the anime, since a lot of ppl like to have a HD-version of the TV-version anime they like, ppl tend to buy the originals

thats from a study made in japan, and i think the same idea will apply for manga and light novels, i personally like buy the "official" novels released, i have some haruhi ones btw xP
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Until I can get a steady job its quite impossible for me to get the legal versions unfortunately.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Poke2201 wrote:Until I can get a steady job its quite impossible for me to get the legal versions unfortunately.
As for me, I need to first reach the age for getting a job.
Kira0802

Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Im only 16, in school, and my only job is tutoring 2 times a week for 10 dollars.

I don't get much.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Poke2201 wrote:Im only 16, in school, and my only job is tutoring 2 times a week for 10 dollars.

I don't get much.
As for me, I guess that I'll surely work as a dish cleaner during the week-end to finance my studies.
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

And I'll be a starving artist....and feed off of anime!

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Have fun eating DVDs, PC parts, and old film. Just be careful that you do not cut up your stomach doing so.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:Have fun eating DVDs, PC parts, and old film. Just be careful that you do not cut up your stomach doing so.
Can also eat books. Some people can actually eat them, though it's in the 2-D world.
Kira0802

Return to “Manga & Novel”