What are you currently reading?

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

darkdhaos
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by darkdhaos »

I recently started with 落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国(Ochitekita Ryuuou to Horobiyuku Majo no Kuni ), a fantasy light novel by the author Kou Maisaka and illustrated by Youta. It's been published by MF Bunko J and it has already 5 volumes and also a manga with 5 chapters translated.
As I'm not good summarizing stories, here you can have the synopsis from Animesuki's forum:
This is a world of neverending war. A world where witches are shunned and pursued by humans, which is about to be overthrown. One day a man fell. Through the ceiling of a bathhouse -- in front of the "Witch of the Black Forest" Harrigan. "Wh-wh-what are you doing you Itsuki!?" "Breasts! And they're huge!" -- Suddenly a man from another world appeared in the Witch's land which was waiting to be destroyed -- "H-hey, s-stop, t-touching up my breasts like that!" "Big, big, big breasts!" -- the man dressed in a strange outfit has the name "Dragon King" and has lost his memories -- "A ma-man is touching Ane-sama's b-b-!?" "Calm down Yuuki!" -- so "war ability" and "magic" meets and the gears of destiny will start to turn! Here the curtain will be raised on the glamorous dance of unparalleled wars!
I read that the novel is similar to "Madan no Ou to Vanadis", though I haven't read it yet. So far I'm enjoying the 1st novel, the battles and the story are very good and the ecchi and comedy parts are not bad either, a pity that this novel isn't translated yet.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

I finished reading Ore ga Ikiru Raison d'Etre (Meaning of My Life) yesterday, and I must say that was one hell of a read. Shit got so real that I had to put down the book sometimes just to stomach what just happened. Bloodbaths, betrayal, torn limbs, necrophilia, deep kisses, evolution theory, plot twists, ray of hope, despair, ray of hope, despair... you name it. This volume seems to conclude the introduction arc, which took place at school. The next ones will be in an aquarium.

To summarize the plot very roughly: school gets cut off from the outside world and monsters appear and start to massacre everyone. The story follows the protagonist who desperately tries to survive, using his wits and analyzing skills.
sly
Astral Realm

Post by sly »

Sword Art Online started on monday with anime and went straight to the light novels. Love it.
Shuzero
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Oreshura
Date A Live
Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukanai (Haganai)
Shinmai maou no Keiyakusha

Post by Shuzero »

Recently finished Volume 1 of Shinmai Maou No Keiyakusha. Started reading Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan. Also waiting for other novels to be translated such as Date A Live, DxD, Oreshura and Black Bullet
Ageha
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ageha »

Just finished Shiki, not sure what to make of it. Now reading Ryuuroden and so far I really like it. I usually love that kind of historical/fiction element in mangas like in Red River so I'm having a blast.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

I'm only reading manga those days, I don't know why, but I can't find any LN which I really want to read lately...
(My last LN serie was Log Horizon)

On the other side (the non Japanese one) I just read "The slow regards of silent things" by Patrick Rothfuss and it's adorable. I loved it. :D
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
dreamer2908
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dreamer2908 »

Recently:
- Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria volume 1-6. Sensei, pls write volume 7.
- Absolute Duo volume 1.
- Ero Manga Sensei volume 2.
- Heavy Object volume 1-3.
- The Longing of Shiina Ryo volume 2.
- Fuyuu Gakuen no Alice and Shirley volume 1.
- Shiinamachi-senpai's Safe Day volume 1.
My handmake EPUBs and PDFs of HEAVY OBJECT, Kaze no Stigma, Mimizuku and the King of Night, Mother of Learning, The Longing of Shiina Ryo, Unlimited Fafnir, Himitsu ~Kuro no Chikai~, Persona x Detective Naoto, Hundred, and others: MEGA folder.
Honeythief
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Oregairu

Post by Honeythief »

I'm currently reading NHK ni Yokoso, Oregairu volume 10, and I finished the A-ko to Tooru series recently. I'm waiting for my next light novel to come in the mail, Bokura wa Mahou Shojo no Naka 2!
Honeythief. 僕らはどこにも開かない
wut
Astral Realm

Post by wut »

Kokoro Connect... or rather, I would be if the translators were more active D:
Only recently watched the anime, absolutely loved it (inabaxtaichi played a large role in this!)

I'll be reading vol1-4 since the anime probably skipped over a bunch of stuff, but... what about when I'm done reading them?

Also actively following Index and Yahari, kudos to js06 and Spyro for their quality work,it's always nice to be bashing that F5 button whenever a new volume comes out - honestly, they work so fast.

I wonder how long it takes to learn enough Japanese to translate LNs to a satisfactory level. Kind of makes me regret not picking up the language in high school, I never seem to have time nowadays (though admittedly that's moreso because of anime/manga/LNs than university related work).
Jambac_91
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: To aru Majutsu no Index

Post by Jambac_91 »

Currently following:

To aru Majutsu no Index
Monogatari series
KoreZombie
Oregairu
Haiganai
High School Dxd
Toradora.
Let's read, not war.
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

wut wrote:Kokoro Connect... or rather, I would be if the translators were more active D:
Only recently watched the anime, absolutely loved it (inabaxtaichi played a large role in this!)

I'll be reading vol1-4 since the anime probably skipped over a bunch of stuff, but... what about when I'm done reading them?

Also actively following Index and Yahari, kudos to js06 and Spyro for their quality work,it's always nice to be bashing that F5 button whenever a new volume comes out - honestly, they work so fast.

I wonder how long it takes to learn enough Japanese to translate LNs to a satisfactory level. Kind of makes me regret not picking up the language in high school, I never seem to have time nowadays (though admittedly that's moreso because of anime/manga/LNs than university related work).
If you don't even expect yourself able to have time to pick up Japanese, don't expect anyone to have time to make 'active' translations.

:roll: :roll:

What I am reading:
Confessions of a Mask
A Misstepping of Virtue
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
wut
Astral Realm

Post by wut »

pudding321 wrote:
If you don't even expect yourself able to have time to pick up Japanese, don't expect anyone to have time to make 'active' translations.

:roll: :roll:
Don't worry, I'm well aware that everyone has their own lives, and of my own current status as a leecher :lol:

It's just a bit disappointing sometimes when a page gets updated with a paragraph or two, and then there's no progress for the next few months.

EDIT: I just noticed you were one of the translators - many thanks for your work on the first two volumes of Kokoro Connect! :D

Return to “Manga & Novel”