Novel: Hariyama-san, center of the world

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Abril
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Novel: Hariyama-san, center of the world

Post by Abril »

Author: Narita Ryohgo (Durarara!!, Baccano!)
Volumes: 3

In Tokorozawa, Saitama prefecture, various events spin out of control;
Urban legends, axe murderers hiding under the bed, magicial girls crashing through ceilings, an isolated island where everyone is a destined hero, and where people suddenly vanish.
Tragic consequences that intertwine and link various people, and one person was involved in all of these events without fail - Hariyama-san.
This ordinary person, whose only noticeable trait is that he wears glasses. Why does he seem to be involved every time? At the centre of this world of strange events? Who is he?

So, has anyone read this? Do you recommend it?
A friend of mine lent me his copy of the first volume. I skimmed through it (I've been a little busy lately), but it looked pretty interesting.
Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel: Hariyama-san, center of the world

Post by Doraneko »

Abril wrote:So, has anyone read this?
Yeah but the first volume only. I've forgotten most of the details but like DRRR the series has multiple protagonists and doesn't have overwhelming focus on any one of them. Personally I like the Mahou Shoujo x Yakuza story the most.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
cboy123
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel: Hariyama-san, center of the world

Post by cboy123 »

Abril wrote:Author: Narita Ryohgo (Durarara!!, Baccano!)
Volumes: 3

In Tokorozawa, Saitama prefecture, various events spin out of control;
Urban legends, axe murderers hiding under the bed, magicial girls crashing through ceilings, an isolated island where everyone is a destined hero, and where people suddenly vanish.
Tragic consequences that intertwine and link various people, and one person was involved in all of these events without fail - Hariyama-san.
This ordinary person, whose only noticeable trait is that he wears glasses. Why does he seem to be involved every time? At the centre of this world of strange events? Who is he?

So, has anyone read this? Do you recommend it?
A friend of mine lent me his copy of the first volume. I skimmed through it (I've been a little busy lately), but it looked pretty interesting.
I thought
was the genres Lol... Looks like an interesting story for this.
I maybe stupid... But A BRILLIANT PERSON CANNOT OUTDUMB the stupid

Return to “Manga & Novel”