Wiki to .pdf methods (new pdfs or updating the old ones)

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

betac
Astral Realm

Wiki to .pdf methods (new pdfs or updating the old ones)

Post by betac »

Like it says in the title - are there any methods to make pdfs from the wiki outside of manually copy/pasting it into a word document? And when I say that, I'm not counting firefox's 'print to pdf' method. Making a pdf directly is passable, but I'd rather have a more tuned version (like with the footnotes and picture sizes and the other layout stuff we're familiar with).

Basically, I was grabbing the pdfs of the series from this site and I skimmed through them. Turns out that a lot of them were apparently made right after the novel was translated, and have very little to no editing. Some of them have obviously progressive editing (first chapters are better quality than the last), and others simply have none at all (all chapters have almost no editing, were they added to the pdf as they were released?). I'd like to figure out an efficient method of making or updating pdfs, with a good layout and proper footnotes. It'll take forever using the c/p method, is that really the only way? I can put links for the more updated files when I make them, if you'd like.

Quick example of this - just opened a random file in the folder, skimmed through it and found a blatant error then searched for repeats of it: kamisama no memouchou, vol2. Wherever the word 'lend' is in the current wiki version, they have 'borrow me.' Leads to several sentences of "can you borrow me some money?" Hrg. It's like that for a bunch of series, a few still have random japanese/kanji, or editor commentary in parentheses.

Return to “Manga & Novel”