List of Full Metal Panic! light novels

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: List of Full Metal Panic! light novels

Post by daoquangduc »

loliDragon wrote:Greatings everyone,

Yesterday one thing led to another and I decided to find all FMP LN that are already translated and host them here.
The translation is not all that bad.
I do not know Japanese, as such I can not say how good or bad the actually translation is, however English is readable(I did not have a chance to read very far yet, but found no problems until now) and people should have no problem understanding the plot line.
Some of them are in PDF and some are still in .doc format. I go through the vols and it seems they are complete.

#01 - Fighting Boy Meets Girl ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) ------> [removed]

#02 - One Night Stand ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) - was not transfected

#03 - Into The Blue ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) - was not translated

#04 - Ending Day by Day : Part 01------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic - Sigma) ------> [removed]

#05 - Ending Day by Day : Part 02 ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic - Sigma) ------> [removed]

#06 - Dancing Very Merry Christmas ------> Here
Thanks to: Translated by Brandi, Edited by Muka
Proofread by Jekias

#07 - Continuing On My Own ------> Here
Proofread by omega_entity

#08 - Burning One Man Force ------> Here
Proofread by Jekias

#09 - Come Make My Day ------> Here
Thanks to ... help me out here, I dunno who to thank... was it Brandi?

#10 - Approaching Nick of Time ------> Here Thanks to:
Thanks to ... help me out here, I dunno who to thank... was it Brandi?

#11 Always, Stand by Me: Part 1------> Here
Thanks to: MisterV (currently works on: MuvLuv Alternative Schwarzesmarken )

#12 Always, Stand by Me: Part 2------> Here
Thanks to: MisterV (currently works on: MuvLuv Alternative Schwarzesmarken )

This all the goodies I managed to find, if you by chance find more, post it in this thread.

More on FMP! LN

Enjoy,

p.s. if there are any mistakes please tell me, as I was rather rushing when I did this.
Can I ask a question everyone, especially lolidragon please ???? Have you found the translation or translated the volume 2 Running One night stand and the volume 3 Into the Blue of this series ?? I realy want to read them. Thank you !!!! :D :) :!:
loliDragon
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by loliDragon »

daoquangduc wrote: Can I ask a question everyone, especially lolidragon please ???? Have you found the translation or translated the volume 2 Running One night stand and the volume 3 Into the Blue of this series ?? I realy want to read them. Thank you !!!! :D :) :!:
Sadly no... there still is no translation for those...

However the way I understand it, manga covers it rather well (I think anime is rather close as well) so you can fill in the story voide in the series by reading/watching those
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

The pdf files for volume 6 and 7 are password protected, I wouldn't care normally if it wasn't for the fact that they are split into chapters and I want to combine them into a single volume. Does anyone know the password for the files?
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

swiftelf wrote:The pdf files for volume 6 and 7 are password protected, I wouldn't care normally if it wasn't for the fact that they are split into chapters and I want to combine them into a single volume. Does anyone know the password for the files?
I have no idea what you are talking about, there is no password protection on rars or the pdfs (even though I knew for sure, to be certain I have checked)
My guess would be that the problem is on your end
danBhentschel
Astral Realm

Post by danBhentschel »

Thank you very much for compiling this list here. I am looking forward to reading them all. I own a copy of novels 2 and 3 in English, and while I am not willing to sit and scan each page, I have thought about it for a bit to try and determine what I would be willing to do, and I decided that it probably wouldn't be too time consuming to slowly flip through the pages in front of a video camera. Then, if someone wanted to, they could compile that into a set of images that could be transcoded. Is there any interest?

- dan
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

danBhentschel wrote:Thank you very much for compiling this list here. I am looking forward to reading them all. I own a copy of novels 2 and 3 in English, and while I am not willing to sit and scan each page, I have thought about it for a bit to try and determine what I would be willing to do, and I decided that it probably wouldn't be too time consuming to slowly flip through the pages in front of a video camera. Then, if someone wanted to, they could compile that into a set of images that could be transcoded. Is there any interest?

- dan
Sounds interesting, however the video quality would need to be of a rather high resolution...
So if you can manage it make it in good quality, I can crop them in to pages and then use ABBYY FineReader to convert it to text.

ps did not know that it was sold in English....
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Any updates to this ?, I am only missing the second and third Books and il have all the main story :)

There is one book not in this list Side Arms 2(really good one, explains some of sousake's past) I dont have a link atm, attempting to find the one I used

also are these books the redited version, I have most of them where an editor and gone though and cleaned them up(at least from a skim read).
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by lostotaku »

Here is side arms 2
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1f0JeOdK ... edit?pli=1

and a side story that i just found as I got up
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz2n9BI ... edit?pli=1

I dont know good that translation is

this site hold some more updated translations, I dont know if they are the same as the one's posted

[removed]

also I am the poster from above I dont know why it set me as a guest ?
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Figure I'll throw mine on the list here too. Two short stories:

Cinderella Panic! (From A Lone Wolf That Can't be Left Alone?)

Irrelevant Emotion (From An Undependable Book of Laws)

Unsure of the quality of the translations, and these are just excerpts from the books, but I noticed they weren't on the list.
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

Studart wrote:The 2 and 3... The only way to find is buying or asking someone who owns to scan... I mean... The volume 3 NEW costs... $160... Used +-$50... The 2... +-$20~$40 D:
Just go to konikuniya bookstores, I just picked up volumes 2 and 3 for ten bucks each, they just ordered from their japanese warehouse, and you can shop online, so if you can read the novels in japanese, you can order them cheaply.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
colorsathalfmast
Astral Realm

Post by colorsathalfmast »

If someone can dig up a copy of the English versions of volumes 2 and 3 and either read them aloud or take pictures or video-record the pages, I could write them down. It's a shame the collection cannot be complete even if they were faithfully reproduced into the anime or manga...
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

So true, but that's the divide that kicked me into learning 日本語.
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
Zobar
Astral Realm

Post by Zobar »

I have a copy of one night stand and into the blue in english but I lack a scanner, so if you don't mind having just the text I can just retype everything into a pdf and I'll try to add the pictures when possible.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Zobar wrote:I have a copy of one night stand and into the blue in english but I lack a scanner, so if you don't mind having just the text I can just retype everything into a pdf and I'll try to add the pictures when possible.
If you can retype it accurately and as it is in the actual text, then I don't think there should be any problems. :wink:
rulax
Astral Realm

Post by rulax »

Rohan123 wrote:
Zobar wrote:I have a copy of one night stand and into the blue in english but I lack a scanner, so if you don't mind having just the text I can just retype everything into a pdf and I'll try to add the pictures when possible.
If you can retype it accurately and as it is in the actual text, then I don't think there should be any problems. :wink:

better yet... upload photos.. try to take photos and merged them into pdf... that will make a great help for us.. and also will make us all happy... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

Return to “Manga & Novel”