List of Full Metal Panic! light novels

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

loliDragon
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

List of Full Metal Panic! light novels

Post by loliDragon »

Greatings everyone,

Yesterday one thing led to another and I decided to find all FMP LN that are already translated and host them here.
The translation is not all that bad.
I do not know Japanese, as such I can not say how good or bad the actually translation is, however English is readable(I did not have a chance to read very far yet, but found no problems until now) and people should have no problem understanding the plot line.
Some of them are in PDF and some are still in .doc format. I go through the vols and it seems they are complete.

#01 - Fighting Boy Meets Girl ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) ------> [removed]
Thanks to ... help me out here, I dunno who to thank...

#02 - One Night Stand ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) - was not transfected

#03 - Into The Blue ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) - was not translated

#04 - Ending Day by Day : Part 01------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic - Sigma) ------> [removed]

#05 - Ending Day by Day : Part 02 ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic - Sigma) ------> [removed]

#06 - Dancing Very Merry Christmas ------> Here
Thanks to: Translated by Brandi, Edited by Muka
Proofread by Jekias

#07 - Continuing On My Own ------> Here
Proofread by omega_entity

#08 - Burning One Man Force ------> Here
Proofread by Jekias

#09 - Come Make My Day ------> Here
Thanks to ... help me out here, I dunno who to thank... was it Brandi?

#10 - Approaching Nick of Time ------> Here Thanks to:

#11 Always, Stand by Me: Part 1------> Here
Thanks to: MisterV (currently works on: MuvLuv Alternative Schwarzesmarken )

#12 Always, Stand by Me: Part 2------> Here

This all the goodies I managed to find, if you by chance find more, post it in this thread.

More on FMP! LN

Enjoy,

p.s.
lostotaku wrote:Here is side arms 2
https://docs.google.com/file/d/1f0JeOdK ... edit?pli=1

and a side story that i just found as I got up
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz2n9BI ... edit?pli=1
Last edited by loliDragon on Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Re: List of Full Metal Panic! light novels

Post by latos1117 »

Since there is not volume 2 does that mean that you did not found them? but that is great seem like their is some reading to do, and if they bother to translate all the way to the 12th volume then there has to be a translation for the ones missing there. Maybe :?
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

The first till fifth vols are covered in manga and I think also in the anime, that is why the translation started from vol 6 and on.
Vol 1 was done much later...

ps. added vol 4 and 5
Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Studart »

The 2 and 3... The only way to find is buying or asking someone who owns to scan... I mean... The volume 3 NEW costs... $160... Used +-$50... The 2... +-$20~$40 D:
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

Studart wrote:The 2 and 3... The only way to find is buying or asking someone who owns to scan... I mean... The volume 3 NEW costs... $160... Used +-$50... The 2... +-$20~$40 D:
Issnt the price for volume 3 a little too high? the few LN that i look to mostly go for $65 NEW.

@loliDragon well that is a good enough reason to not translate since most of the mangas do keep the story to the LN pretty close.
Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Studart »

Yup... Very high... I saw one for $300... It's "rare" D;
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

Studart wrote:Yup... Very high... I saw one for $300... It's "rare" D;
Honestly seems a bit too high, was it a collectors item?
If it was i understand since well....
Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Studart »

They made few copies (That's what I know... :\)
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

Studart wrote:They made few copies (That's what I know... :\)
Well if that is the case then it would seem reasonable, but if i waste that amount of money on it, i have to really love the story.
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

latos1117 wrote:Well if that is the case then it would seem reasonable, but if i waste that amount of money on it, i have to really love the story.
If the number of copies printed are low, it does not mean that the book/novel is good, acutely most often it means that it did not sell well and there was no second or firth reprinting done.
As such it becomes rare with time, which is funny since the series as a whole got a lot more popular with next volumes coming out.
Strange though that they did not do printing of the entire series later when the first 12 vols where done, they would sell nicely in a bundle.
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

loliDragon wrote:
latos1117 wrote:Well if that is the case then it would seem reasonable, but if i waste that amount of money on it, i have to really love the story.
If the number of copies printed are low, it does not mean that the book/novel is good, acutely most often it means that it did not sell well and there was no second or firth reprinting done.
As such it becomes rare with time, which is funny since the series as a whole got a lot more popular with next volumes coming out.
Strange though that they did not do printing of the entire series later when the first 12 vols where done, they would sell nicely in a bundle.
Well if that is the case the probably did it for the pleasure of selling them for more??? or maybe just the enjoyment to know that one novel became so valuable when at first wasn't the expensive????? seems like some ideas.
loliDragon

Post by loliDragon »

latos1117 wrote: Well if that is the case the probably did it for the pleasure of selling them for more??? or maybe just the enjoyment to know that one novel became so valuable when at first wasn't the expensive????? seems like some ideas.
Not really, to all the questions ^^

Why they did it, only they can tell.
They don't print like 100 vols every month, they print lets us say 500 vols once and then see how well it sells. If it sells well they print another 500 and so it goes until they think they will not sell well any more.
If they don't print any more then it could be due to bad sales in previous batches and since no new vols are printed the value of already exiting ones goes up. The price going up is by no means something they desired on purpose, it simply how it goes.
sousukeS
Astral Realm

Post by sousukeS »

Umm...issit me or is vol 11 and 12 very very messed up? Can someone confirm this?
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

sousukeS wrote:Umm...issit me or is vol 11 and 12 very very messed up? Can someone confirm this?
No, they are fine, just that they are one and the same.
They both have part 1 and 2, the same files. Enjoy
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
"I am nothing in the eternity of this world..nor can I do anything in this vastness all by myself"(茜新地花屋散華 2, 26)
"the one to be envied is he who loves, however little he gets in return"(Eric Berne)
narutolovingmath96
Astral Realm

Post by narutolovingmath96 »

loliDragon wrote:Greatings everyone,

Yesterday one thing led to another and I decided to find all FMP LN that are already translated and host them here.
The translation is not all that bad.
I do not know Japanese, as such I can not say how good or bad the actually translation is, however English is readable(I did not have a chance to read very far yet, but found no problems until now) and people should have no problem understanding the plot line.
Some of them are in PDF and some are still in .doc format. I go through the vols and it seems they are complete.

#01 - Fighting Boy Meets Girl ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) ------> [removed]

#02 - One Night Stand ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) - was not transfected

#03 - Into The Blue ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic!) - was not translated

#04 - Ending Day by Day : Part 01------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic - Sigma) ------> [removed]

#05 - Ending Day by Day : Part 02 ------>(Storyline of Full Metal Panic - Sigma) ------> [removed]

#06 - Dancing Very Merry Christmas ------> Here
Proofread by Jekias

#07 - Continuing On My Own ------> Here
Proofread by omega_entity

#08 - Burning One Man Force ------> Here
Proofread by Jekias

#09 - Come Make My Day ------> Here

#10 - Approaching Nick of Time ------> Here Thanks to:

#11 Always, Stand by Me: Part 1------> Here

#12 Always, Stand by Me: Part 2------> Here

This all the goodies I managed to find, if you by chance find more, post it in this thread.

More on FMP! LN

Enjoy,

p.s. if there are any mistakes please tell me, as I was rather rushing when I did this.
Thank you so much!!! Wa, I hope to read all of them !!!!!! Thanks again!! Thanks Baka-tsuki !! :D And I am asking when the next season of the anime will come out!!!! :shock: Oh my god, have to wait now ............ :|

Return to “Manga & Novel”