Baka-tsuki material to amazon?

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

_Kanra_
Astral Realm

Baka-tsuki material to amazon?

Post by _Kanra_ »

After poking around here and finding that I can download these wonderful light novels without any cost, and after getting the reader for android, I looked at my kindle and wondered how many people do not have the knowledge of this site who may want to read these. I'm wondering if adding these as free downloads on amazon would be an acceptable way to boost knowledge of the site as well as offer another way for people to get this type of media.
Sorry if spam post, just thought I'd raise the idea if it hasn't been tabled before.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Baka-tsuki material to amazon?

Post by Misogi »

That's a bad idea.

Copyrights issues are the problem here, and since Amazon is a commercial and well known website (with ad revenues), it would be dangerous for us to publish our translations there, in any digital format.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

In fact, the reason why we don't try to commercialize ourselves or associate ourselves with commercial activities is because there's the issue of companies targeting us if someone's profitting through our work, because if that happens, we'll end up bearing some of the blame for providing the work in the first place.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Teh_ping wrote:In fact, the reason why we don't try to commercialize ourselves or associate ourselves with commercial activities is because there's the issue of companies targeting us if someone's profitting through our work, because if that happens, we'll end up bearing some of the blame for providing the work in the first place.
Agreed. It'll happen if there are BT translations on Amazon.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

First, most of these stories are translations of the original Japanese(most) light novels(which the translator buys hopefully), which Japanese writers earn their livelihood from.

Next, Baka-Tsuki doesn't hold any rights to the content of these translations. There's no way Amazon would accept such questionable content on their servers.

Return to “Manga & Novel”