Britains Got Talent - Susan Boyle

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Britains Got Talent - Susan Boyle

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Guess you all should have heard of this by now. Susan Boyle's stunning performance. Being ridiculed in the start, then pulled out something extraordinary to stun everyone, and happy ending- just like a fairytale story. =P

Go watch it if you haven't. A video which garnered 30 mil views in a week... o.O
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Britains Got Talent

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Normally, when I see forums post YouTube links, I couldn't be bothered unless it had something to do with what I'm interested in. But upon seeing FIVE forums from different subjects and countries talking about this Susan Boyle, I got to see what all the fuzz is about.

It's not often you see Simon Cowell grinning like an impressed idiot. :lol:

I remember a few years ago there was another mobile phone salesman in Britain's Got Talent and stunned the audience with his baritone voice singing Pavarotti's famous number.
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Normally, when I see forums post YouTube links, I couldn't be bothered unless it had something to do with what I'm interested in. But upon seeing FIVE forums from different subjects and countries talking about this Susan Boyle, I got to see what all the fuzz is about.

It's not often you see Simon Cowell grinning like an impressed idiot. :lol:

I remember a few years ago there was another mobile phone salesman in Britain's Got Talent and stunned the audience with his baritone voice singing Pavarotti's famous number.
Is it!? No surprises though. :lol: Haha. Like a man in love rather. =P

That one was the first season winner, Paul Potts. His one is spectacular as well. But looks like people are more impressed by Susan...probably it is because of her age, 47. =P
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I normally do not watch these kinds of shows or care for them, but I watched the link for kicks. I must say that it was an excellent performance, regardless of who it was. Given that I am a sound snob, I only wish that I could have heard her live.
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Well, I don't follow them either. Recommendation from a friend. :)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Britains Got Talent - Susan Boyle

Post by b0mb3r »

keeping my eye on those kids from Flawless

i love talent shows. 2nd chance dreams to fame i say

baka baka baka
kamomilla
Astral Realm

Post by kamomilla »

Most people will kill me for saying this, but I fail see why everyone makes such a big deal out of her. Frankly, her voice did not impress me, at all. It struck me rather annoying, actually.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I can say that the only meaningful opinion from the judges is Simon Cowells. And even then I only take that with a grain of salt until I listen and evaluate myself (which I haven't yet).
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

kamomilla wrote:Most people will kill me for saying this, but I fail see why everyone makes such a big deal out of her. Frankly, her voice did not impress me, at all. It struck me rather annoying, actually.
Well, I won't. Freedom of speech and expression is part of human rights. She shocked all of them, that's all. Actually, I still prefer Mr. Paul Potts. His voice is better, IMHO.
Rectifier wrote:I can say that the only meaningful opinion from the judges is Simon Cowells.
Part of his comment was "Susan, you're a little tiger, aren't you?" :lol:

Return to “Music & Culture”