Song Recommendations

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Song Recommendations

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I said the same thing to my ex when she stopped eating meat and converted to Judaism. :?

"Girl in the Fire" - Pendulum
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I said the same thing to my ex when she stopped eating meat and converted to Judaism. :?
Wait....seriously?

(Rant)
Spoiler! :
I can understand why some people don't eat meat, but its stupid to think that by eating no meat you are somehow "better" than other people.
Instead of choosing to be an omnivore (which is what humans are designed to be) vegans instead choose to make their lives harder by narrowing their possibilities of energy and minerals necessary to survive; not to mention the possible psychological side effects of trying to throw away a part of their instincts in the process.
Why should somebody who obtains energy by eating plant cells be considered better than somebody who obtains energy more efficiently by having a balanced diet that includes meat as well?

As a final side note to this rant, I think its complete cow-poop for vegans to think they're better people by only eating things that aren't considered animals, is a rice plant any less alive than a cow? I think not.
(I know not all vegans and vegetarians have a superiority complex, but let's face it, the only vegans and vegetarians that we know outside of a random rarity are people like P.E.T.A activists.
Back on subject, sounds like it was somewhat sudden judging from your words. Was it the no meat part or the judaism part or both changes that made you go wtf?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Rectifier wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I said the same thing to my ex when she stopped eating meat and converted to Judaism. :?
Wait....seriously?

(Rant)
Spoiler! :
I can understand why some people don't eat meat, but its stupid to think that by eating no meat you are somehow "better" than other people.
Instead of choosing to be an omnivore (which is what humans are designed to be) vegans instead choose to make their lives harder by narrowing their possibilities of energy and minerals necessary to survive; not to mention the possible psychological side effects of trying to throw away a part of their instincts in the process.
Why should somebody who obtains energy by eating plant cells be considered better than somebody who obtains energy more efficiently by having a balanced diet that includes meat as well?

As a final side note to this rant, I think its complete cow-poop for vegans to think they're better people by only eating things that aren't considered animals, is a rice plant any less alive than a cow? I think not.
(I know not all vegans and vegetarians have a superiority complex, but let's face it, the only vegans and vegetarians that we know outside of a random rarity are people like P.E.T.A activists.
Back on subject, sounds like it was somewhat sudden judging from your words. Was it the no meat part or the judaism part or both changes that made you go wtf?
Well we've been broken up for about a year and a half now, and she's been slowly converting for about a year. I just happen to tell her that the other day. It was more or less a joke when I told her, but honestly I feel she has changed so much I honestly am weirded out. We dated for 4 years. She loved all kinds of meat, didn't care for religion, and she never showed interest in change any of that the entire time we dated. The vegetarian part didn't catch me as off guard as the sudden religion belief though. Both could probably be attributed to her father passing away a little over a year ago due to a heart attack. Bah... You haven't been around long enough to hear most of the Bridget (my ex) stories. I had joined BT shortly after we had broken up. If I ever see you on IRC maybe I'll bring you up to speed with a few of them. :P
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

as a result you become the "Lord Temporal Viscount"

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That kind of sounds like the premise for an anime series. Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love with girl. Boy develops foolish desire to protect girl from "evil" forces. Boy fails. Girl dies. Boy grieves. Boy becomes emo. Boy finds martial arts master. Boy learns how to kick butt. Boy goes off to defeat enemy. Boy wins. Boy whines some more. Boy finds another girl. Boy falls in love with girl. (Wash. Rinse. Repeat.)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

ainsoph9 wrote:That kind of sounds like the premise for an anime series. Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love with girl. Boy develops foolish desire to protect girl from "evil" forces. Boy fails. Girl dies. Boy grieves. Boy becomes emo. Boy finds martial arts master. Boy learns how to kick butt. Boy goes off to defeat enemy. Boy wins. Boy whines some more. Boy finds another girl. Boy falls in love with girl. (Wash. Rinse. Repeat.)
Oh man... I'm not even going to touch that. It can be misconstrued in such a wrong way. :?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am not referring so much as what happened to you as much b0mb3r's comment. It is also more of a commentary on anime where the guy loses everything and either becomes freaking awesome or becomes the most evil emo villain ever. That is all I am trying to say.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

If you enjoy acoustic guitar, I've recently discovered Andy McKee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmE3QaGetn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

Man's got three hands...
=Smidge=
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Smidge204 wrote:If you enjoy acoustic guitar, I've recently discovered Andy McKee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmE3QaGetn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

Man's got three hands...
=Smidge=
i pity you for not hearing this man sooner

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

And if you've truly lived under a rock all this time
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmmm....foo fighters rock.

been listening to them quite a lot lately.

:)

as for the comment on food and meat.

i eat all types of them.

hell if im stuck on a remote and and all i had was dead human bodies...well.. i'll eat 'em.

well i'll do it respectfully, the same way i'll respect my beef. (I had a wonderful T-bone medium rare steak the other day. oh haruhi. it was wonderful. no sauce, just a little salt. mmmmmmm...)

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Yeah, foo fighters is a good jam band.

Here's the song that probably everybody has heard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhnmUdmz74

I remember when they released their first big hit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXlF6waTUKE
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, my friend has been saying that he does not know of anyone who really, really hates the Foo Fighters. I guess it is like if you hate the Foo Fighters, then you hate children. Something like that, right?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Maybe not that extreme, but Foo Fighters appeals to many people because it fits in alot of different rock genres.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, but it hard to believe that they have been around for so long already. It just seems like not too long ago Nirvana was together...

Return to “Music & Culture”