Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie

Post by b0mb3r »

I must say it was an enjoyable ride but for the wrong reasons. It was just bad and cliche. Still I haven't seen a main actor who enjoys acting his character for a long time. As long I kept the mentality of a 7 years old and have very low expectation it was a really fun movie. The costumes are great and the scenery from Morocco are beautiful despite some obvious cgi. The prince was very acrobatic and action pack but nothing memorable with no sell-point. it was after the movie when I logically think about it and get out of my fun-mood that i gonna have to bash this film.

Main thing that kills it as well as many other videogame movies, poor story/writing and acting. such a sad script that creates poor, witless dialogue that portrays actors as fools. Why does the dagger's origin has to be so complicated? Why does actor feel so forced to say their lines? the chemistry between the prince and the main girl is forced. every time they tried to kiss is at the most inappropriate time at a slow pace only for her to retract. also meaningless subplots in the middle that waters everything down. how come the prince doesn't narrate the story?

while the action is good it doesn't do justice to the title "The Sands of Time." It was only used THREE times, barely any action and only with the reverse ability. What happened with the stopping ability and fast-forward ability? The major advantage of this videogame franchise over the others is that the Prince of Persia series presents it owns tale on their take of different versions of the prince. I just don't understand that if they could spend over 100 millions dollars on this why not more action scene involving the dagger? also no sand monsters to fight against except just bunch of extras?

I must say disney got the micheal bay syndrome. why? so many slow mo! no wonder this movie is 2 hours long. also the ending was too much of a "pointing a finger" thing. the text at the beginning and the end has no realtive meaning at all, worse it used papyrus fonts.

I would say is a decent rental.

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Prince Of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie

Post by Darklor »

At least it wasnt a Boll adaption :P ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Darklor wrote:At least it wasnt a Boll adaption :P ;)
I have forgotten that important factor. THANK HARUHI!

baka baka baka
happydevas
Astral Realm

Post by happydevas »

A young refugee prince and princess to stop a thief who unwittingly threatens to destroy the world with a special dagger that gives the magic sand inside to reverse time
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Just download it, screw paying the movie industry money for it.
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Poke2201 »

Lmao. That will stick it to em :roll:
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I wanted to play the game, but seeing the movie killed any desire to go through with that plan.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Dan wrote:I wanted to play the game, but seeing the movie killed any desire to go through with that plan.
you have to play this game. Is probably one of my favorite games I've played. Puzzles great and combat is sweet.

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Its like movies made from books. PLAY THE GAME!
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.

Return to “Music & Culture”