Comiket

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Comiket

Post by jonathanasdf »

actually Tobari's the main character's name it seems.

Seems interesting, like Kirby but with magic..? The art doesn't really suit my tastes though.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, it has some big-name seiyuu in it like Yukino Satsuki (Kagome from Inuyasha). So, it might be more interesting than we would think. There again, doujin games are really hit-or-miss. Generally, I find the art in these games one of the last things that I worry about, since getting the game to work in the first place can be an adventure of its own.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Double post for the sake of an update.

A Touhou game and some Touhou music.

The new Touhou Sky Arena game looks interesting, although the PV suffers from LQ. It basically is Magical Battle Arena with Touhou characters, so it is pretty much a doujin game within a doujin game.

As for the music, it is middle of the stack par at best. Personally, I think that these Comiket artists need to get out of the mindset that you need a female vocalist/Vocaloid/male-vocalist-who-cannot-sing to sell. I do not mind all of the variations on Touhou music, but I do like some of the more original stuff as well.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Well if anyone here is planning to go to the upcoming Comiket, make sure to pick up the Steve Jobs seitenkan doujin for us. :P

My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Steve Jobs as an anime girl is somewhat wrong... :? Anyhow, there are ways of getting doujinshi from Comiket even if you cannot personally attend outside of asking someone to do it for you or pulling a Konata.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Doraneko wrote:Well if anyone here is planning to go to the upcoming Comiket, make sure to pick up the Steve Jobs seitenkan doujin for us. :P

Brain explodes

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

FUUUUU

YEAH!!!!

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

I really like these type of story-songs and this is pretty awesome.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

jonathanasdf wrote:I really like these type of story-songs and this is pretty awesome.
You should check out Arcane753 then....

they have a new one this comi

http://arcane753.com/utsugi/

Looks awesome too...

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

More Touhou Games. They should just rename Comiket "Touhou-ket." In any event, some of these games look really good.
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:
jonathanasdf wrote:I really like these type of story-songs and this is pretty awesome.
You should check out Arcane753 then....

they have a new one this comi

http://arcane753.com/utsugi/

Looks awesome too...
Well, most songs have some kind of "story" in it, I was actually thinking more of like one song "epics" (don't know if there's an actual term for it yet) for example that one (Killer Song), 君の知らない物語, and Princess Bride. Like, ones that clearly have some kind of protagonist, which undergoes some kind of change or something. Actually, I can't think of any more off the top of my mind... there doesn't seem to be many. From what I've seen of the lyrics of 羽ノ亡キ蝶 it's more like painting an amazing scenery rather than voicing out some story. Might be pretty awesome too, but not quite the kind I was thinking of (though of course unless you could read my mind there's no way you'd have known).

Still, I guess the most important parts of music with vocals is still the bgm and the voice. No matter how good a story it has, if the singer sucks or if the music sucks then it's a crappy song. On the contrary, you can definitely enjoy songs in languages you don't understand at all (I think I have a few songs which I don't even know what language it is in lol).

BOT: Is there a list of things at Comiket somewhere that I can look through and see what might be interesting? Just going by what people you know recommend you you could end up missing really big gems.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I know what you are saying. You can find the C81 catalog floating around on the internet, but you need to have a couple of GBs free to install it. Also, you need Japanese language support. Even then, you are not guaranteed to be able to read it because it is all in Japanese. Generally, people will come out with huge batch torrents, where you can at least get a list of things that came out. However, some of the stuff you can buy over the internet after Comiket is done. Still, it will cost you an arm and a leg to get it though.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

jonathanasdf wrote: Well, most songs have some kind of "story" in it, I was actually thinking more of like one song "epics" (don't know if there's an actual term for it yet) for example that one (Killer Song), 君の知らない物語, and Princess Bride. Like, ones that clearly have some kind of protagonist, which undergoes some kind of change or something. Actually, I can't think of any more off the top of my mind... there doesn't seem to be many. From what I've seen of the lyrics of 羽ノ亡キ蝶 it's more like painting an amazing scenery rather than voicing out some story. Might be pretty awesome too, but not quite the kind I was thinking of (though of course unless you could read my mind there's no way you'd have known).

Still, I guess the most important parts of music with vocals is still the bgm and the voice. No matter how good a story it has, if the singer sucks or if the music sucks then it's a crappy song. On the contrary, you can definitely enjoy songs in languages you don't understand at all (I think I have a few songs which I don't even know what language it is in lol).

BOT: Is there a list of things at Comiket somewhere that I can look through and see what might be interesting? Just going by what people you know recommend you you could end up missing really big gems.
Err try Doujinstyle.com? (AKA my Comi treasure trove...)

Oh you mean songs like this: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8965807 ?

I thought you meant those multi-song albums that slowly paint pictures like perhaps what a poem would do.

I would say you can try Astost too....but that site's by invitation only so it's as good as impossible to get in....

If you one the catalogue you can try to order it in....but it isn't worth it IMO unless you are going

Also....so gonna get these:

http://www.light.gr.jp/light/products/k ... index.html

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Doujinstyle is a good site, but even their resources are limited. If you want games, here is another good site that has games that Doujinstyle has probably never touched or heard of before. If you are looking for NSFW games, that is NOT your site though.

Return to “Music & Culture”