Crocheting

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Crocheting

Post by hobogunner »

Okay, I haven't in like a month, but I am right now, and am crocheting just a straight sing stitch crochet sheet. I plan on putting something in it.

(You know, where you can write on it and things like that. Any ideas? :lol: )

Only creating this because I can't decide, it's really tough imprinting a pattern into a crocheted sheet simply because you have to thread the yarn right to make it look just perfect.

Edit: If you go to pick up crocheting, there are a few things you need to know, tight isn't always better. Such as if you keep it tight on the ends, it winds up bunching up, and just looks weird. It's really trial and error for the edges, they make patterns specifically for covering up the bare thread on the edges. (Which is inevitable if you do it right.)
Also, if you don't skip a few holes (or knots, I don't know the official term) when working around the edges, it makes it close in on itself forming a pyramid. Just things I learned I feel as though should be shared. Gonna start working on a blanket tomorrow.

This is crocheting general, so feel free to post anything you've crocheted or would like to see crocheted.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Crocheting

Post by ainsoph9 »

Actually, I would not mind learning to crochet. I need a blanket for my kotatsu.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Blankets, as I've learned, are insanely time consuming. You'd probably want to use a "Granny Square" style for it though, if that helps get you started. (or a double crochet pattern with a pattern on the end to make it look better.) I can post pictures of both if you'd like.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Please do, as I know nothing about it, except watching numerous elderly ladies do it like it was nothing, one of which being my own grandmother.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Don't worry, will definitely get back t you on this......I have to crochet Christmas stockings when I go back home..... :lol:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That reminds me of when a friend of mine knitted a scarf for me. She did a really good job, too.

As for the blanket, I might just take the $80+ hit to buy a kotatsu futon. However, that does not mean that I still would not be interested in learning crocheting.

Return to “Music & Culture”