2K Western Cartoons

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

2K Western Cartoons

Post by b0mb3r »

If you notice in my Daily Mistake I ended up watching 2K11 shows like

Thundercats
Young Justice
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Granted it came earlier)
And I started watching Sym-biotic Titan which got canceled sadly.

I find the industry of both anime and cartoon lacking, one for being an overdose moe factor the other lacking in quality and plot. Jake and Finn Adventure Time to me personally is one of worst show that comes in existence. Then you got many of the flash-animation on Adult Swim to me is just very satire and black humor. I felt the cartoon industry lack the quality back in the 90's like Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Big Guy and Rusty, Men In Black, Gargoyles, X-Men, Spiderman, Sonic SaTom, SwatCats, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocko’s Modern Life, Rocket Power, Doug Funny, Darkwing Duck, Recess, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, and Early Simpsons before being a wannabe Family Guy. These shows have real quality in displaying character, messages through plot, and memorable atmosphere. I'm afraid channels today suffer the same plague like MTV did with live/reality tv show like CN and Nickelodeon.

I mean some early 2K was successful like the Justice League series (sadly before the writer move to the infamous LOST), Teen Titans, TMNT 2k3, Megas XLR, Fillmore, Invader Zim, Samurai Jack, Clone Wars (2k3 Verison),Courage the Cowardly Dog Fairy Oddparents, Danny Phantom, Kids Next Door, and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Now I don't find any of these. All Grown Up!, Life and Times of Juniper Lee, Class of 3000, Teamo Supremo, Replacements, El Tigre, Atomic Betty, Hi! Hi! Puffy Ami Yumi, Sheep in the Big City, Flapjack, Regular Show, My Gym Partner’s a Monkey, Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Total Drama Island, Adventure Time, what is all this crap? It was a bad idea in CN's part to take down Toonami and don't do reruns of old classics like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Popeye, Jetsons, Flintstones, & Scooby Doo.

My only hope is the new Avatar show coming out called The Legend of Korra. Airbender was a success in my book for being its own thing, not anime nor cartoon, just itself. So my plan in the future is to see if I can get into this crew and work on Avatar myself and be part of the thousand collective artists they used in their last show. Also the plus shows I'm watching are pretty good. Thundercat is kind of surprising in production wise and color palette. Wish more anime adopted that color palette.

So what do you guys think of the current cartoon industry?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: 2K Western Cartoons

Post by ainsoph9 »

Most of it in the United States is crap.

Return to “Music & Culture”