Non-Anime Movies

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Non-Anime Movies

Post by Mystes »

Hunger Games,anyone?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

...mmm...food...*drool*
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I saw "Prometheus" last night. If you like the "Alien" franchise of movies, this is the movie for you. However, for others, this movie is not for the faint of heart. Likewise, this movie is not a cerebral flick by any means in a lot of senses, although it certainly has a lot of philosophy behind it. The film does have some decently sized plot holes but nothing overly crippling. However, the character development is shallow at best, leaving the audience little reason to empathize with the characters or understand them and their motives. Likewise, without spoiling anything, many of the actions in the movie could have been better explained because those actions lead to a whole series of consequences. Finally, in a huge sense, this movie is a prequel to the "Alien" movies, even if it is not intended to be so, especially since it feels like the director is ripping off of himself frequently. In any case, I give this movie 2.75/4 stars.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

That movie really mess up my understanding where "Aliens" come from (thinking AVP as canon)

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I really would not know because I have never seen any of the Alien movies, only heard things about them. I guess "Prometheus" was switched from a prequel to an independent movie midway through production, which explains why it does not match AVP.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yesterday, I saw the new Spider-Man movie in 3-D. It had a tight plot, incredible visual effects, a good musical score, and was an overall good movie. 3.75/4
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I went to see "The Possession" today with a friend. I had been looking forward to seeing this movie for a while, despite the fact that people have been calling it a Jewish rehash of "The Exorcist." Now, I can understand why they would say that. However, I think it is fair to say that this movie calls for a certain measure of understanding of Jewish thought, which helps make the difference. Much of the movie is done with a lot of subtle themes and motifs found in Judaism. This is not to say that one cannot enjoy the movie or be freaked out otherwise. The movie has plenty of those moments. Yet, I feel that this movie can be and is much more than what the surface presents. While the movie has some definite plot holes, it has an overall good plot and seemingly stays true to the real-life events that it claims to be based off of. The music is a strong help to the atmosphere as well. 3.75/4
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Hunger Games, really good, Batman 3 really good... i saw one week ago lawless... love these kinds of movies :) Hum, love the first half of prometheus but after.... a total messed up! Avengers really good too :)

Can't wait to see: The Hobbit and 007 :lol:

Return to “Music & Culture”