Imageboards...yeah, imageboards

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Imageboards...yeah, imageboards

Post by jonathanasdf »

though you all seem to miss the main point they're fixated on - that he's イケメン

That said, you wouldn't catch me dead with a room like that...

and I don't recognize any of the characters either OTL

Anddd somehow a topic about the imageboards that are the dregs of the internet was turned off-topic by a single image.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I did not miss that point. Rather, I chose to ignore it, outside of my initial laughter. Seriously, it is not like he is the only one. I have seen and known cute girls and good-looking guys, who are into anime and the like.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

I didn't miss it... I just thought it was irrelevant. Looks does not decide one's character or his characteristics. Though it does play a strong role to those easily influenced by others, even that is argumentative. I really don't know what this topic is about, but the image did catch my attention, that's why I posted. I also tend to stick like a parasite to topics I posted in...
1,550/3,400
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

This picture is from an imageboard, and the quoted responses as well.

Unless you're well versed in eroge, you wouldn't recognize the characters.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Rajikai wrote:Loneliness might be the number one cause of depression. So are Otaku depressed? Do they occupy the hole in their hearts with anime?

Note on that image: Looks cool... However, not something I will care to do in my room. I wouldn't make fun of him, or have any insults directly or indirectly hitting this subject, but all I have to say is. It's their choice/money/whatever that allowed them to do this. I see that he's proud of it, for he has placed himself in the image. He also wears a shirt, which looks like Shana to me, demonstrates that he isn't afraid to show the public about such concerns. I kinda think that's nice. I don't have enough courage for such things.
If you can do it, there's nothing to be afraid of.....except vandals, cleaners, housekeepers, family members and others who may touch the stuff...

Also, his monitor config is ..... I WANT IT TOO....

And what's wrong with being Ikemen? The stereotype that our kind are stinking overweight 40 year olds who don't shave or bathe and are unfit as hell has to die....

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:Also, his monitor config is ..... I WANT IT TOO....

And what's wrong with being Ikemen? The stereotype that our kind are stinking overweight 40 year olds who don't shave or bathe and are unfit as hell has to die....
He has two computers, and there's a TV on the back wall above his bed, wut. Not to mention the laptop on the bookshelf, I certainly wouldn't mind having that setup. (Its nice, I can tell you that, I just prefer having the TV overhead having a depth in front of you so it's like sitting at a couch and you can still look at another monitor.)

That stereotype is hilarious, getting us BOT, a few time I've been in /a/, there was a thread about how "Everyone who loves anime (or is an otaku) is either unhealthily skinny or really fat." It's pretty funny. Of course, every time someone posted about how they stay in shape [Pre-Katawa Shoujo :roll: ], there would be the instant ">>>/f/". :lol:
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

YoakeNoHikari wrote:This picture is from an imageboard, and the quoted responses as well.

Unless you're well versed in eroge, you wouldn't recognize the characters.
Ok. That explains why I do not know them, and it also practically advertises to the world that he is into "perverted" things. However, that only applies to his "comrades," who would know that. :P :lol:
hobogunner wrote:That stereotype is hilarious, getting us BOT, a few time I've been in /a/, there was a thread about how "Everyone who loves anime (or is an otaku) is either unhealthily skinny or really fat." It's pretty funny. Of course, every time someone posted about how they stay in shape [Pre-Katawa Shoujo :roll: ], there would be the instant ">>>/f/". :lol:
Seriously, people are gaining that much weight from that game? :roll: All I can say is that that is pretty ridiculous in the off-chance that it is true. (OT, I am in Act 2 of Shizune's route right now and have nary put on a pound.)
HexOmega
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by HexOmega »

It's not that their gaining weight, its that people are getting fit. When it came out, there were a bunch of threads about the game both on /a/ and /v/ about getting in shape, or being a better person. Another new thing that is happening is instead of the usual late night /a/ thread of "If your waifu is posted, you go to bed" they have "If your waifu is posted do X situps, pushups, crunches,etc.."
Second, I'm sorry you chose Shizune's route. She is one of the best characters, but has one of the worst arcs and most poorly written content. It's a shame really. Most people agree that the Hanako and Lilly routes were the best written.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:I did not miss that point. Rather, I chose to ignore it, outside of my initial laughter. Seriously, it is not like he is the only one. I have seen and known cute girls and good-looking guys, who are into anime and the like.
Every Chinese girl that I know are into that sort of things...they are sometimes even scarier thant the dude.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

HexOmega wrote:It's not that their gaining weight, its that people are getting fit. When it came out, there were a bunch of threads about the game both on /a/ and /v/ about getting in shape, or being a better person. Another new thing that is happening is instead of the usual late night /a/ thread of "If your waifu is posted, you go to bed" they have "If your waifu is posted do X situps, pushups, crunches,etc.."
Second, I'm sorry you chose Shizune's route. She is one of the best characters, but has one of the worst arcs and most poorly written content. It's a shame really. Most people agree that the Hanako and Lilly routes were the best written.
Interesting.

I am going to revive the Katawa Shoujo thread, despite the double post it will create.
Kira0802 wrote:Every Chinese girl that I know are into that sort of things...they are sometimes even scarier thant the dude.

Any cute ones? :wink: :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote: Any cute ones? :wink: :roll:
Unfortunately, none. :(

OK, maybe a few, but I don't talk with them anyways.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Liar. We know that they are in your harem. Your rank gives you away.
HexOmega
Tsuruya Gigglenator

Post by HexOmega »

Clearly his rank means he fights harems.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Either that, or he fights for them.
Sander
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sander »

But if he had a harem he would not be here, because ha could have an army of maids. :lol:

Return to “Music & Culture”