Favorite Anime Songs

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Favorite Anime Songs

Post by ainsoph9 »

Recently, Japanese anime fans voted for their favorite anime songs. Here are the results. What are your favorite anime songs? Do you agree/disagree with the list? What you place into the list as well? What would you throw out of the list? Would you keep it as is?

Personally, there are definitely some changes that I would like to make. Some very notable songs are missing like Eva's "Zankoku na Tenshi no Teeze" and a few others at least.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Favorite Anime Songs

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:Recently, Japanese anime fans voted for their favorite anime songs. Here are the results. What are your favorite anime songs? Do you agree/disagree with the list? What you place into the list as well? What would you throw out of the list? Would you keep it as is?

Personally, there are definitely some changes that I would like to make. Some very notable songs are missing like Eva's "Zankoku na Tenshi no Teeze" and a few others at least.
Personally, I'd put The Everlasting Guilty Crown. Speaking of recent ones, there's Choir Jail (Tasogare) and Cras Numquam Scire (Dantalian) that are good picks. Kawaru Mirai (Kami-sama no Memochou) and the Hyouka OP were good too. The ones I just mentionned are definitively better than Aquarion's OP, IMO.

I'd personally switch the 1st place and the 3rd place.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I would also want to add the FMP OP songs, some Asian Kung-Fu Generation (Naruto), some L'Arc en-Ciel (FMA), some Bleach OP songs (Ichirin no Hana by High and Mighty Color anyone?), etc. I will list them off as they come to me.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I think there was an insert song from an old series that I liked...damn, forgot this. Though it's still on my mind.

Should be from a series like TRC, I think.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

A couple of the songs from Full Moon wo Sagashite were classic. It is WRONG that no Cowboy Bebop, Studio Ghibli, Galneryus, and Maximum the Hormone are on the list. Also, the first OP to Rental Magica was really good but not on the list.

You know, if I had the time, I would construct my own list from scratch...*sigh*
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

This one brings me back memories.
Spoiler! :
Honestly, is it the norm now to make the Jpop idols sing every opening/ending of the animes? Because it's starting to become more and more usual too see that.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is another band that should be on the list for their Hunter x Hunter ED song.

I must say that it seems that using J-pop idols and seiyuu for OP/ED songs is rather common. Frankly, a lot of it is outright crap. The interesting thing though is that most J-pop for anime seems to be drawing off of elements of rock and/or metal. For example, "Choir Jail" is a J-pop song that I can hear definite metal roots in it, especially in the guitar and drums. Oddly enough, I can see someone easily doing a cover of it with the whole power metal 9 yards shtick. It would totally work, too.

It occurs to me that at least some of the composers of anime themes are ex-rock and ex-metal musicians, who were in visual kei bands or something of the sort. The composer of Fairy Tail's music is a perfect example of this. His music should be on the list. Seriously, it is epic - so epic that I listened to it while dungeon crawling through Recettear, and it felt amazing.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Fairy Tail has one of my favourite theme.

BTW, full version:
Spoiler! :
Kira0802

Reader
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Reader »

I would have liked to see Kaze wo Sagashite (One Piece) or the first Death Note Opening. Possibly the Deadman Wonderland opening. There are probably a bunch of other good openings that I've already forgotten about.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

While I would not classify this as a favorite of mine, I will say that this is about as close as you can get to seeing the actual Alice from Memo-chou as you will probably get.
Spoiler! :
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Kira0802 wrote:Honestly, is it the norm now to make the Jpop idols sing every opening/ending of the animes? Because it's starting to become more and more usual too see that.
It's a lot cheaper to have the voice actors to provide singing for the shows they're already working on

At the very least, it's much cheaper to have, say, Ogura Yui sing the OP and/or ED rather than KOTOKO or KOKIA.

It makes a lot more sense when music is a huge factor like with Macross

Anyway...

For me, I tend to favor the animations more than the actual songs (games get the better songs, IMO)

I wish Ufotable kept using clay dolls for their EDs:
Spoiler! :
This one was pretty clever given how the anime ended:
Spoiler! :
As for actual song favorites, I'm actually surprised this one wasn't mentioned in that list, at all:
Spoiler! :
Just4fun
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Just4fun »

my first favorite anime opening is 2nd opening of hitman reborn... :D
I Have a Future Diary trust me..... XD
(Just kidding...)
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

Just4fun wrote:my first favorite anime opening is 2nd opening of hitman reborn... :D
I like the 1st opening and the second to last one as well from Reborn!.

Also SAO's opening crossing field is great. I just wish someone would upload the translation of the lyrics to animelyrics.com because the way they do lyrics in print view is great for the iPod touch.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
FrontlinesCRO
Mikuru's Master

Post by FrontlinesCRO »

The best anime song for me is Unlimits - Cascade from Naruto(it was an ED).
Then I also liked: 1.Asian kung fu generation - Rewrite an OP from Fullmetal Alchemist
2.Ready Steady Go(idk. from who) - an OP from Fullmetal Alchemist
3.Then the OP and ED from Highschool DxD :P
4.And a couple of songs from Sora No Otoshimono
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

Ready Steady Go is by L'Arc-en-ciel
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com

Return to “Music & Culture”