Japanese Fashion

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Japanese Fashion

Post by ainsoph9 »

Alright, I know that most of us are guys here, but even straight guys can wonder about the fashion of other cultures. I, for one, am one of those. *ignores the snickering*

Recently, I have been reading SZS, and I have run across two articles of traditional Japanese clothing that I should know the names of but keep failing to remember. The first is an overcoat worn in the winter indoors. For example, you see Konata waking up in Lucky Star wearing one and sitting under the kotatsu. The second is a article of clothing typically worn by housewives and those who do chores around the house; it is usually worn over a kimono or other regular clothing like an apron except that it covers the entire upper body and sometimes much of the lower body as well. Some have pockets in them. Would anybody happen to know the names of these articles of clothing?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Japanese Fashion

Post by Mystes »

Do you have screenshots for the 1st one? Me no watch Lucky Star.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Japanese Fashion

Post by ainsoph9 »

Here it is below:
Spoiler! :
konata1.png
I tried to find the other thing but could not. This is somewhat similar at the very least. (You are going to have to open it in a new tab most likely.)
Spoiler! :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Music & Culture”