Japanese history/literature/culture...

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Japanese history/literature/culture...

Post by Cindynka »

Hello,
I wanted to ask if you know any good (english) website that would content some of japanese history, literature and/or culture. It doesn't have to be everything, more like for middle school education, so only the most important facts. I'm going to do exams for entering a university subject called 'Japanese studies' and a lot of literature and history will be in it. And if you know any light novel/anime that contains a lot of this, it would be great as well.

Thanks
ahmsab
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Japanese history/literature/culture...

Post by ahmsab »

If your interested, librivox ( a site where people do their own readings for books and put them to the public) has a good japanese section .It's much easier to hear japanese than to read it naturally , and they only do classics there (because of copyright issues). There is also this anime called aoi bungaku which is basically an animation of several classics . Hope this helps :D
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

It surely does! Thank you very much ^____^ I can't wait 'till weekend to look through it~
dalek
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Date A Live :)
...but since it's down, I'm in limbo...
so it's going to be ZnT if it's still up.

Post by dalek »

I could say go to Japan. Just don't become a Loli! You know I am kidding you, right?
Spoiler! :
RoR account:s04
XDA account:i747m
BT username:dalek
Open the spoiler, it is the box...
Spoiler! :
Watch it all and you are a box god.
...open the box, my friend...

Return to “Music & Culture”