Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 452

Chiizo
Astral Realm

Re: Moonlight Sculptor

Post by Chiizo »

The korean version was published in 2007 while the english version was published/printed on April 2008.

I think the korean version is on it's 28th volume so it's quite popular over there.
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

kira0802 wrote:
Johnji wrote:Read this series, really liked it. Since they only own the license for a limited period of time its safe to say that it is no longer licensed. I guess the first book didnt sell well enough.
When was it first published?
It seems as first print was 1 or 17 April 2008 as Chiizo wrote. Today I cant find a spec of info on the company who rented the licence. Best would probably be to contact ROK Media and ask them for confirmation. But as far as I can tell the main company in the US "Lite Novel US" went bankrupt. For a while you could read the entire volume 1 that they had translated free of charge on their website. The same one ninyave rescanned. The website doesnt excist any more though.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

where can i find this scanned volume 1?

baka baka baka
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

b0mb3r wrote:where can i find this scanned volume 1?
Here is the rescan of the paperback: (link deleted)

KIRA's EDIT : PLEASE PM INSTEAD OF POSTING LINKS!
Vielfras
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vielfras »

This is a link to another discussion about Moonlight Sculptor. If you like the first volume check here to find out more about the series.

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=14132.0
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

If you are a translator and are worried about your english skills, dont be. I will proofread it for you. Just post here if you want me to contact you.
Osennecho
Astral Realm

Post by Osennecho »

Its so epic.......but not translated....and google translate fails at life :twisted: ...... so hard to read =(
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Is there really that much of people interested?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
azndude550
Astral Realm

Post by azndude550 »

I believe a lot of us are interested in it and I am also interested in it after reading the first light novel in one day.
[email protected]
Astral Realm

Post by [email protected] »

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
translate this novel, im willing to try to learn korean to translate this novel.
this is more epic than 1/2prince and sword art combined. (I'm sorry for being such a traitor 1/2prince fans and sword art fans, but its so true, both books strayed away from rpg gaming feeling ):" I know, I'm sad too.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Licence is the first problem. If anyone can give BT a RELIABLE source about the licence, then it could be considered.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

I cant find Korean? Rok Media on the web. Anyone got their email or their address?
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

Pretty interested in this series. But it is NO WAY better than SAO.
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

It's NO WAY better than Half Prince. After all, Xiao Lan is one of the few enjoyable blockheads out there.
And btw, I assume Moonlight Sculptor will lose that RPGey feel (with new skills and leveling and gaining stats and such) sooner or later, too. You just can't keep it up, and if you did, it would turn boring as hell. Or it easily turns into standard shounen with developing super-powers/skills and tons of training to curb stomp each other...

Anyway, if you can make matters clear about the (English) license, I support this project. After the Chinese and the Japanese take on VR-RPGs, a Korean one wouldn't be unfitting.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Eowen
Astral Realm

Post by Eowen »

HI, Random fanboy passerby here

http://www.rokmedia.com/ - korean site for the publisher and sadly I can not help more since I don't know korean

Return to “Hosted”