Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 452

Vielfras
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Moonlight Sculptor

Post by Vielfras »

Kadi wrote:It's NO WAY better than Half Prince. After all, Xiao Lan is one of the few enjoyable blockheads out there.
And btw, I assume Moonlight Sculptor will lose that RPGey feel (with new skills and leveling and gaining stats and such) sooner or later, too. You just can't keep it up, and if you did, it would turn boring as hell. Or it easily turns into standard shounen with developing super-powers/skills and tons of training to curb stomp each other...

Anyway, if you can make matters clear about the (English) license, I support this project. After the Chinese and the Japanese take on VR-RPGs, a Korean one wouldn't be unfitting.
Hmm.. from what I remember even at volume 8 the RPG feel is still as strong as ever and just keeps getting better.
Now if only we could read the huge clan wars without trying to decipher the machine translation... :cry:
However there are 29 volumes out, so I agree with you and a change of paste and a twist in the plot has to come sooner or later.

I'm a big fan of 1/2 prince, SAO, Yureka and the like, and in my opinion Moonlight Sculptor is better then all of them combined because it has a more mature feel to it.
While 1/2 prince and Sword Art Online focus to much on the romance parts, which I like and all but I read these manga/novels for the VR-RPG parts. If i wanted a romance I would read a romance novel.
Yureka is great but the current arc is focusing on the AI aspect, and has become a very deep read and not the shounen RPG style, still good though.

One more thing I have to suggest is Natsunokumo : http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=799
It's a hidden gem, and a must read for every VR-RPG fan!
azneas
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by azneas »

Taken from lulu:
Copyright Standard Copyright License
Publisher Midoraka Entertainment
Published April 17, 2008
Language English
Pages 286

I have no idea what that means though >.<
kira0802 wrote:Is there really that much of people interested?
It's just that epic. I (and apparently many others) would rank it at least on the top 5 best rpg novels/manga/manhwa ever seen. Apparently, the person who scanned the english translation of vol 1 wrote: " Almost had an heart attack whem I found the statistic panel from blogspot (didn't notice it before) and there were hundreds of page loads."

So once again, super epic.
[email protected]
Astral Realm

Post by [email protected] »

if you doubt the story, read volume 1 - first novel has been posted online. There are about 30 volumes, and from what i hear of people reading machine translations it still feels like a rpq. With countries, clans, monster, quests, and classes
Istvan
Astral Realm

Post by Istvan »

I totally second all of the requests for translations. This is a truly epic series, and it seems a real shame that the translations only go a little bit into volume two. I really enjoy SAO, but in my opinion Moonlight Sculptor puts it to shame.

Please, please, please someone translate it!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Though Sharramon is the only Korean here...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Arxos
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Arxos »

Finished reading it a couple of days ago. In my opinion it was quite a bit better than 1/2 Prince, though I haven't finished reading all that yet, but it seems a bit too silly for me to truly like it, the story is too random and too much focused on making every character be super special and related IRL for no reason.

I'll have to say though that I think SOA beats it by a mile. It's still good though, without a doubt, but I really miss some aspects of SOA in it at times. Moonlight Sculptor quickly starts to pretend that real life doesn't exist any more or some such, at least it feels like it. SOA doesn't do that, in addition SOA explains a lot of minor details, like how the server can possibly hold so much VR data (object focus thingy), the special hospital beds, and many other things. They're all just little details that make the story feel 'complete' to me, something that Moonlight Sculptor completely forgets, for one I'd love some explanation on how the poke they created that AI for the NPCs. Hopefully it starts doing that in later novels.

By all means, translate it (though it seems it'll be unlikely due to being a Korean novel), but I just had to voice my own opinion on which one I think is the best!
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

kira0802 wrote:Though Sharramon is the only Korean here...
Good thing there both japanese and chinese and korean raws for it.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Johnji wrote:Good thing there both japanese and chinese and korean raws for it.
Well, I dind't find any Chinese raws...though I'm not sure about Japanese version.
Kira0802

Boduar
Astral Realm

Post by Boduar »

To be fair Arxos they actually get around to discussing how the world is and why it is and why stuff is happening in it. At least I am pretty sure they do (lol machine translation comprehension). Also more time is spent in real life after a while. The reason you dont see almost anything of real life for like the first few volumes is because the author decided to get us immersed into the game world before taking a step back. That being said its too bad if there really is only on korean translator since that really cuts down the chances of Moonlight sculptor getting translated here. Overall this series even with machine translations gets onto my top 5 novel/manga/manwha/web comic ratings along with Knight Run, SAO, and Tower of God.
soul
Astral Realm

Post by soul »

I TOTALLY recommend MS and would truely hope someone will pick up translating this novel! It's soooo good!

I've finished reading Half Prince and am currently reading MS. I love both of them!

Although they're both about RPG, HP have a more romance based story going there. While MS gives more detail of an RPG game, such as the stats. While reading MS, I feel like I can see the actual game (like RPG games I play) following the change of stats, skills obtained, accepting the quests, monster lvl, and lvl increase of the characters.

So IMO read HP if u want a bit more of romance with a twist, and MS for the in gaming details and epic battles.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

...wait, do you all read in korean?
Kira0802

azndude550
Astral Realm

Post by azndude550 »

I think they are referring to the machine translation from like a google translator. If you google Moonlight Sculptor, it'll give a site that has like all of it translated by it. I took a peek at it, and I will say that the translation is very bad?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Huh...I thought that they had Ch&Ja raws.
Kira0802

ninthlite
Astral Realm

Post by ninthlite »

First Volume is translated you can read it online on Mlsculptor and ninyave
Or if you give me your email, i'll send as attachment (microsoft Word)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ninthlite wrote:First Volume is translated you can read it online on Mlsculptor and ninyave
Or if you give me your email, i'll send as attachment (microsoft Word)
I was talking wboutu the following volumes.
Kira0802

Return to “Hosted”